PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - ROUND 5 Blue Moon Infield A II | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - ROUND 5 Blue Moon Infield A II

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
probably the worst driving I have ever seen myself included.

I want to apoligize to @Manx57 for a hit from behind, apparently this game makes you lounch people when they brake earlier as expected.

Second of all i got that frustrated in race 2 i showed my bad side and did a litle vettel to @Chechum whil driving next to him, my appologie for this as wel ( you crashed into me twice the lap before so got frustrated, no excuse though)

But guys what the hell, especially the sprint race was awfull, i got dive bombed like 3 times from people who i just passed with less pace and probably less tires then myself.

Probably ot is the track game physics combination, but this is way of league racing.

Race report will follow, same as the video for those interested.
Your hit was just one of many, I am going to check the reply and consider going to the stewards... Just because a driver is quick does not give him permission to bulldoze his way to the front.

I qualified 7th for race one and some less than sensible person would not let me take my position on the right he driving up my right side crashing into me, so I didn't get a good start.....

Reactions: Martynvr

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
Your hit was just one of many, I am going to check the reply and consider going to the stewards... Just because a driver is quick does not give him permission to bulldoze his way to the front.

I qualified 7th for race one and some less than sensible person would not let me take my position on the right he driving up my right side crashing into me, so I didn't get a good start.....
My hit was after the pitstop, i was on freah tires and braked much later no excuse though just my fault and want to apologize. As mentioned a crap night of racing from my side as well.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I'm not really going to comment on anything as the video below says everything. I will apologise for rear ending you @Manx57, as I didn't have anytime to react to your corner exit being slower than expected as you experienced what looked like understeer on the replay. I was boxed in by the fact Bl99dy was on my inside so had no place to go. I did wait for you as you recovered. As for the second incident, I was also a victim of to.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'll do my proper race report later but I'm very happy in general with how my night went, however if I had to describe and summarize what I've seen in the 2 replays from the feature and then the sprint, it would quite simply be: The calm before the storm!

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Results has been updated - Till We have the result of those eventual Steward thingies, this is only a temp. result though.

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P3
Lap was a PB on mediums so no complaints there. Thought I had P2 but Sylar got me at the death.

Feature Race - P3
Messed up at the start by being in a gear too low but got away with it. After that, nothing much happened till the start of the second stint where I had to get past Phantom who was on the one stop but managed to do so quite quickly,

Sprint Race - P3
Given that we were a full grid I decided to go for the no stop. Managed to stay out of trouble for the most part but in the end the tyres were too worn to stay ahead of the Alfas.
There was some questionable driving standards, which I'll mostly put down to the nature of the track and difference in pace of the grid but I urge you to try and stay as clean as possible whenever you can.

Highlights

TubbyPhantom

Formula 4 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Race report, feature race 4th. Pretty dull race in general for me, started pretty well, but decided on the wrong strategy yet again! Was pretty lonely most of the race. Really realising now just how under par the jag is, great for power but really poor compared to all other cars on corners. I was a sitting duck on the banked corner before turn 1. Pretty much could do nothing to defend and was a little frustrating, my highlight was on the first and 8th lap with @Martynvr when we had some paint trading, but I came home 4th so not a complete loss. Sprint race, 4th, made a good start and made up positions on the first lap, but yet again when I got to the right banked corner at t1 sure enough I was just a sitting duck again. There was some shoddy racing but I think most people give as good as they got in general. I was very impressed with @Hasnain no stop! Never would have thought of that so kudos to you man. I was watching the time between us coming down after my pitstop but I think I needed another lap or so but didn't happen and another 4th was on the cards. Did have some good clean racing with @Martynvr and was tough to get past him, so that was some good racing. Well done @Ashracer2011 @Wobbuffet and @Hasnain on the podiums.

Last edited:

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
My race report not to many words have a look for yourself. Either way was to slow for the Alfas en the one Ferrari. The audi been that bad in the infield, that first corner the audi was planted though.

Reactions: Delaney

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Race report, feature race 4th. Pretty dull race in general for me, started pretty well, but decided on the wrong strategy yet again! Was pretty lonely most of the race. Really realising now just how under par the jag is, great for power but really poor compared to all other cars on corners. I was a sitting duck on the banked corner before turn 1. Pretty much could do nothing to defend and was a little frustrating, my highlight was on the first and 8th lap with @Martynvr when we had some paint trading, but I came home 4th so not a complete loss. Sprint race, 4th, made a good start and made up positions on the first lap, but yet again when I got to the right banked corner at t1 sure enough I was just a sitting duck again. There was some shoddy racing but I think most people give as good as they got in general. I was very impressed with @Hasnain no stop! Never would have thought of that so kudos to you man. I was watching the time between us coming down after my pitstop but I think I needed another lap or so but didn't happen and another 4th was on the cards. Did have some good clean racing with @Martynvr and was tough to get past him, so that was some good racing. Well done @Ashracer2011 @Wobbuffet and @Hasnain on the podiums.
@TubbyPhantom @Gareth Kirk I have a feeling you're both due a good result at next week's race:p

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
I actually thought you were going for the no stop as well during that sprint race, but I guess that would've been an even bigger achievement in that car.

Jackiid15

GP2 Reserve Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Race Report: GamingKin Racing Team; Blue Moon - 7th Feb

Quali:

Jackie: 16th
Steve: 15th

I put in a decent lap by my standards and got a 1:15.9.
Steve joined quali late due to the update not downloading due to space on his PS4 but still qualified ahead of myself
Overall, onsidering the factors I think quali wasn’t too bad

Feature:

Jackie: 15th (+1)
Steve: 12th (+3)

I had some decent battles with Sean (albeit for the wooden spoon) I also cocked up my pit strategy and underfueled causing my predicted 1-stop to be a 2-stop. Under my advice Steve had also underfueled as I miscounted laps and percentages (I hate math).
Steve commited to the 1-stop regardless and run out just before the finishing line (and had to slow down so could finish with fuel)
Overall, I think it showed where we are within the league skill/pace wise

Sprint:

Jackie: 14th (-12)
Steve: 7th (-2) {Personal Best Finish in league]

I started 2nd in the sprint and felt I got a good start off the line (it’s one thing I’ve actually been fairly consistent at this season) I feel I managed to defend against Defiant off the line and up to the transition from to the infield and felt could have possibly either held the position or stayed close behind however I ended up in 16th after getting hit from behind (there was like 7 of us in the corner at the same time I don’t think it was on purpose) in attemping to right the car and consolidate a lower position (still a higher one than I’m usually in though) I made it worse and tapped Mega I managed to catch up to the back of the pack somewhat and debated a no stop on the softs (wishful thinking in an attempt to salvage what I could after the start) obviously that didn’t happen but still gained two positions and crossed the line in 14th
Steve started in 5th and got a rotten start and dropped to 14th he managed to claw back positions as the race went on attempting to do a no-stop and battling Hasnain for a while for 3rd which became a 1-stop due to poor tyre management (his words not mine). He was caught up around lap 11 by Ash, BL99DY and Defiant, and was caught up in the battle bvetween Ash, BL99DY and Defiant.
Overall, we tried our best and feel we are getting better at this considering we’ve only been at this for 3 months

Final Thoughts:
Our car doesn’t really like the next track, but we do :)

TubbyPhantom

Formula 4 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
I actually thought you were going for the no stop as well during that sprint race, but I guess that would've been an even bigger achievement in that car.
Well I just never thought about it! And it's only after you hadn't been in to pit for the next 2 laps I knew what you were doing! I thought when I had the 3 seconds on you and you didn't pit I was just getting the taste of the podium champagne back in my mouth, and you did a great job with those tyres. Not a chance I would get those out of the slug I'm driving. Great tactic.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race report time.

Feature,
Qualy: 2nd - Pulled out my fastest lap on the mediums when I really needed it, I was only a tenth of my optimal but I was happy enough to be 2nd and increase my chances off avoiding potentially being swamped at the start by the Jags and Audi.

Race: 2nd - Had a good start and was able to slot in behind Ash and was pleased to not really have to defend from Hasnain in the opening laps, after that Ash slowly but surely increased his lead and I increased my gap to Hasnain behind.
But after the 7th/8th lap I was able to stabilize the gap to Ash to around 3 seconds, one lap I would close in then the next Ash would increase and vice-versa this continued until I made my first stop.

Had a decent couple laps while Ash stayed out to have fresh tyres for the middle stint, however after he stopped I had managed to jump him by a couple seconds and basically be the net leader, however at the time I was 3rd as the GP1 guys were doing a 1 stop.
Unfortunately I caught Triple G before he pitted and as Ash had moreorless caught me I had to try and make my way past him, which I did at T2 but because I did this I couldn't take much speed on the exit and to my frustration not only did Triple G had a good exit from T2 and was able to cut inside but Ash took the chance to cut inside him so we were 3 wide approaching T3 and I was stuck on the outside unable to defend.

I stayed ahead of Triple G but Ash got ahead of me in the process, later that lap Tubby pitted from the lead (as did Triple G) and that left me and Ash in a clear 1-2, I was able to then stick with Ash for a few laps but his fresher tyres began to pay dividends and I started to drop off, it was then time to pit for the final time and Ash pitted a lap later.

The gap was pretty much the same after our stops around 2.5 seconds, we then traded lap times and as it got towards the end of the race we started to catch traffic in the last 4-5 minutes, the gap was still around 3 seconds but I seemed to catch traffic at the wrong places unfortunately, its no-ones fault just bad timing I guess either way the last 4-5 laps were pretty painful as due to the traffic I did 1:14's unsurprisingly Ash more then doubled his lead in that phase, as I finished 7 seconds behind him.

Sprint: 1st - Starting 15th and the lack of power, I honestly thought it would be tough to make quick progress but I had a front row seat on a few occasions and saw cars making big contact with each other and several poor sods get sent spinning, I have to admit I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time it seemed in this race but I still had to be patient to pick the right time to make moves and it worked out for me.

Anyway after the mental blur of the opening 5 laps, I had got upto 3rd and had Luke and Defiant in front managed to clear Luke before T2 and was then following close to defiant waiting to try pass him at the last corner however I took the last corner at a shallow angle and was a bit to slow and it meant I clipped the inside of the curb and lost momentum and speed so I decided to make a snap calling of pitting though when I looked at the time remaining I knew I pitted a lot earlier then I wanted.

So after I exited the pits I had clean air most importantly but I knew I couldn't push as much because I had to look after my tyres, within a couple of laps a bunch of drivers ahead had pitted and I was up in 4th, it looked like 3 were trying to go to the end but I was catching them pretty fast I caught and passed intotheobscurity at T3 and then set about catching Hasnain and Tubby ahead but at the end of that lap Tubby pitted so I only had Hasnain left in front.

I caught upto him the next lap and was following him closely, I then gave him a light bump in the rear at the exit of the 2nd last corner unintentionally so I eased off the accel to make sure I didn't pass him because of it, but a couple seconds later I did make my move down the inside for the lead at the final corner and did take the lead.

After keeping ahead of him after the main straight I started to pull away over the next couple laps, as I started the last lap my tyres were pretty worn and I had a 4.5 second lead over Ash so I made sure I took no risks and ended up winning by 3 seconds.

Looking back on that night I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the feature race, it seemed at one point like it was a never ending game of cat and mouse between me and Ash,:LOL: as that gap did seem to yoyo around the 3 second mark for a good chunk of that race.
And to be honest I felt I drove one my best feature races as I only had 2 minor notable errors, but other then that my pace was solid for all stints basically (with the exception of the end of race traffic), and from what I could tell it looked like Ash didn't really put a foot wrong either so I can only applaud him for his drive in that race, I think the only way I would have had a chance to beat him is with a perfect race/performance, that was the standard required it felt like afterwards.

As for the sprint obviously I was very happy to get the win, I probably had a bit of good fortune to not get involved in any incidents in that race but I ain't complaining, I'll happily take a clean race any day.

Anyway congrats to @Ashracer2011 on his win and podium and well done to @Hasnain on his first double podium of the season.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I will add though I was actually concerned heading into this round when Manx said he could do 1:13's, in my hour or so practice over the week I was struggling to break the 1:13's on the mediums.

I only broke it once (1:12.9), so when I went to do a small practice earlier on thursday night to see if the update changed anything (which it hadn't apparently), I was very surprised as all of a sudden I was able to do high 1:12's on the mediums with a lot more ease, I don't honestly think the update changed anything car wise but I'm at a loss to explain how I found on average 3/4 tenths to my race pace all of a sudden.:unsure:

(won't complain though as it meant I could keep Ash honest for the feature:LOL:)

Reactions: Delaney

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
He is the picture I have been trying to upload all week, it's the Suzuka start where two drivers beat me to the start line. Is this the correct line or is it the timing line?

@Delaney Thought you might miss this if I placed this in Suzuka thread.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
He is the picture I have been trying to upload all week, it's the Suzuka start where two drivers beat me to the start line. Is this the correct line or is it the timing line?

View attachment 71017

@Delaney Thought you might miss this if I placed this in Suzuka thread.
Hi mate. First I have to say that We cannot take any decisions here. First it the wrong tread and second it’s way to late. So I can only answer You in general termes
Feature or Sprint race? I take it’s the FR. Read about the AOR manual start procedure. We form two lines at the formation point. From there on You are not allowed to overtake people in Your own line, till You have passed the start line. How ever you can overtake people in the other line.
So where are We?

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
It's the Suzula FR I start p9 after the timing line we are set but when we get to the 'Start' line I am overtaken by 2 cars. I think p10 is the ferrari. He is in p9 by the start line (as pictured above) and I am down to p11.

Mainly wanted to clarify which line the rules applies to @Delaney Thanks.

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Stewards Notes:
@ERS_Thunder has been given a warning for not following start procedure.
@BL99DY-NINE has been given a 5s time penalty (FR) + 5 penalty points for causing a minor collision and failing to wait.

To everyone:
Please ensure you have checked the formation and starting points (usually in the OP of the relevant race thread) before the race to avoid confusion on track.
Driving standards were poor last time out, although there were only a few incidents reported, there were many more that could've been. Please do your utmost to keep it clean, we're all here to race not to play bumper karts.
If you are involved in an incident, please discuss it with the other person first before sending it to the stewards regardless of whether you feel it's your fault or not.
As mention in the round 6 thread, we noticed some abuse of track limits all around, we will be keeping an eye for this and don't be surprised if you end up getting reported for track limit abuse.