PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 4- Gr.4 (GT4) - Round 6 Red Bull Ring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 4- Gr.4 (GT4) - Round 6 Red Bull Ring

BL99DY-NINE

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018

League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion | Team Selection | Time Trial | Results & Standings

Event Information

• Date: February 14, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RM, RS (Feature) RS, RSS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 15 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 40 Minutes
    • Manual Rolling Start
    • Sprint Race: 20 Minutes
    • Reverse grid
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Feature Race results
●Track Map

● Weather Conditions:
Clear

● In-game time-of-day:
15:15

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist:

Race Room 1

1. @Wobbuffet, PSN: Shadow_Sylar, English, 20ms
  2. @Hasnain, PSN: AceHasnain_282, British, 16ms - Race Room 1 host
  3. @Martynvr, PSN: Martynvr84, Dutch, 19ms
  4. @LukeEtheridge95, PSN: babaoriley3, British, 14ms
  5. @BL99DY-NINE, PSN: BL99DY-NINE, American, 116ms (5pp)
  6. @Defiant195, PSN: Defiant195, British, 21ms
  7. @ERS_Thunder, PSN: Megamunkki, Finnish, 51ms
  8. @TubbyPhantom PSN: GP1_TubbyPhantom, English, 17ms
Race Room 2
  1. @SEAN-GBR, PSN: SEAN-GBR, British, 19ms
  2. @Gareth Kirk, PSN: GP1_TripleG, English, 17ms
  3. @Intotheobscurity, PSN: Intotheobscurity, British, 39ms
  4. @1.MSC, PSN: Robfisken69, Swedish, 81ms (10pp)
  5. @Jackiid15, PSN: jackiid15, British, 37ms - Race Room 2 Host
  6. @Manx57, Ronin_Manx, Manx, 46ms
  7. @Fabio_dubai, PSN: Deri_Mccoy, Italian, 123ms
We will all gather in @Jackiid15's room before the race for warm-ups, and then switch over to @Hasnain's room for the race as it looks like we will have 16 participants (or less) this round.

Resigned:

• @aldooro99, PSN: Aldooro99, Irish, ?ms
  • @Nic118247, PSN: Nic118247, English, 13ms
  • @DruShan_87, PSN: DruShan_87, Irish, 27ms (2 DNS with no warning and 1 with just Quali)
  • @Rodgerzzz, PSN: AlexRodgerzzz, British, 23ms (DNS with no warning)
Informed no show:
Uninformed no show:
NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Last edited:

BL99DY-NINE

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Stewards Notes
1. Round 5 featured a fair bit of 'Creative Interpretations of Track Limits'. As a result the Stewards will be watching out for persistent abuse of the run-off areas, especially in T1 & T2. All drivers should consider themselves duly warned.

2. The pit entry is a bit tricky as those drivers wishing to pit will take a tighter and slower line than normal around T8. In order to avoid incidents we ask that all drivers making pit stops move to the right hand side of the track at the Gran Turismo Sign (pictured above in the Formation Point instructions)

3. And... oh yes... Good Luck, Have Fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

BL99DY-NINE

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Please be aware of the change to normal procedure as @Delaney is unavailable for this round:
(From Round 6 OP) We will all gather in @Jackiid15's room before the race for warm-ups, and then switch over to @Hasnain's room for the race as it looks like we will have 16 participants (or less) this round.

Jackiid15

GP2 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Please be aware of the change to normal procedure as @Delaney is unavailable for this round:
(From Round 6 OP) We will all gather in @Jackiid15's room before the race for warm-ups, and then switch over to @Hasnain's room for the race as it looks like we will have 16 participants (or less) this round.
I think I have everyone racing this season on my friends list on PS4 but on the off chance I don’t my PSN is the same as my AOR username

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Expecting this round to be very open at the front and I think for qualifying anyone of 6 drivers could take pole (but my prediction is Hasnain for pole), personally it wouldn't surprise me if I have my worst qualifying of the season so if you offered me a 2nd row start for the feature I'd take it.

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Chechum

Formula Karter
Oct 13, 2018
Hi guys!
Tomorrow I'm not taking part of the race. For the last 3 weeks, I haven't had enough time to prepare the races and this week I haven't been able to practise yet. I'm afraid tomorrow I won't have time to do either. In this championship, the level and training efforts are too high for me to face a race without training. That's something I've been realizing the last races.
I hope to see you next week. Good luck for you all, have a fantastic race!!

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
I really enjoyed that great racing, even though I was a cotton headed ninny muggins in both races, race one I was two laps shy of fuel so had to turn the power down and limp around. Race two I was holding 5th place and I got mixed up with the time left and pitted with only 4 minutes left !! what dip stick.

Very clean racing from the fast guys well done

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'll do my race report later, but I had a lot of good tough, fun & most importantly fair battles in the feature and the sprint with every driver I battled tonight, and yes there were several moments where I was imaging my car speaking to me: 'I just can't do it captain - I don't have the power!':p

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P4
Took me till the end to get a proper lap in. The lap itself felt good was around my best times in practice, but just enough for P4.

Feature Race - P3
Lost a position to TripleG almost instantly. For the first stint I decided to just save as much fuel as possible whilst the guys in front were battling. However, I didn't make the most of this as I went long and ended up getting undercut anyway. 2nd stint was similar to the first stint, but near the end I got a good run out of T2, however with 4 of us in close proximity, I ended up getting hit off by TripleG as I was going round the outside. Can't really put too much blame on him as it was an awkward situation, I probably just picked the wrong line. He waited up for me which was good of him. Decided to come in at the end of that lap and came out a second behind Phantom. Managed to get the undercut on Martyn and for the rest of the race I was fuel saving as I was scheduled to pit the lap after I actually did, and ended not putting enough fuel in. In the end it was P3, probably could've been P2 without the incident, lost way too much time to Sylar in the first stint to challenge him on his one stop,

Sprint Race - P6
Had a good start and was upto P7 after T2 but after that it just went downhill and ended up getting hit off at T3 with so many cars in close proximity. Once again, wrong place at the wrong time. Switched from the no stop to the one stop and tried to get an undercut on as many people as possible, probably should've gone for softs rather than supers as they dropped off quite quickly. Managed to get upto 6th after the stops and that was where I finished. In the end I don't think the strategy made much difference to the result.

Congrats to @Wobbuffet on the double, and well done to @TubbyPhantom and @Martynvr on their respective podiums.

Highlights

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Race report: qualified on pole with a pretty good lap so was happy with that. Feature race 2nd, got a good initial start but completely bollocksed up and lost the lead to @Martynvr and as I started to catch him I somehow must have lost a bit of downforce at the last 2 corners and went slightly off track enough to earn a 2.5 sec penalty, so I tried to be smart with it and get rid of it over next couple of laps which I managed without losing too much time. Had some very hard but fair racing with @Martynvr during the second stint and actually thought I might have a chance at a win, but after witnessing the impressive and (impossible) tyre saving from @Wobbuffet I soon realised that 2nd was going to be my best result, but that was nearly put in jeopardy by lack of concentration here and there and poor fuel management and @Hasnain was catching pretty quickly but I managed to hold out for the 2nd place. Sprint race: 3rd, this was hard work from start to finish! I had a feeling that @Wobbuffet and @Hasnain were going to go for the no stop as @Wobbuffet managed to make softs last for over 20 mins and would be easy in the sprint race for him, and @Hasnain got me once with that one and I wasn't going to let him get me again with it, and I could tell immediately on the first lap that they were being overly cautious so I had made my mind up by the end of the first lap that I was going to hang it out. Unlucky for @Hasnain he got punted off track while we were in a big group and i saw @Martynvr sailing off into the distance and I knew he would have to pit but I thought I might just have enough in my tyres to nick either a win or at least second place, but after a great battle with @Wobbuffet which lasted a good few laps he pulled off a great move around the outside anticipating me holding a tight line and sacrificing my corner speed. I had no tyre left to fight anymore, and then along came @Martynvr and by the time he got to me I was a sitting duck and just had no answer for him. Bought home a double podium so happy with that and think I got the best I could put of the car this week. So congrats to @Wobbuffet @Hasnain and @Martynvr on podiums and good hard racing.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Results has been updated - New thread has been opened for Round 7 Lago Maggiore

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
A bit late I know but its race report time.

Feature
Qualy: 2nd - Definitely better then I thought was possible before the night, on my best lap I had as best S1 and S3 as possible but I had an average S2, but it was still good enough for 2nd and I was pretty happy.

Race: 1st - Before the proper start of the race I knew I was going to be in trouble with the rolling start and I was right as I was literally powerless to stop Martyn drive by me before we got anywhere near T1 and things got worse as Triple G also had a good slipstream and was able to have a go at me at T2 before passing me on the run down to T3.

So I had to settle for 4th at the end of the first lap and dropping 2 positions without doing anything wrong:LOL:, I knew then I would have to be patient and hope for chances to pass later, and a few laps later I was able to get past the GP1 guys when they surprisingly traded paint with each other at T8 and both went wide I was then able to pass one of them and then pass the other at T3.

I then set my sights on Martyn who was leading, and I caught up to him but I couldn't pass and clear him, he defended very well from T4 to T9 and despite being able to pull alongside him on a few occasions, his Audi power wouldn't allow me to complete a pass, so with our battling it allowed the Tubby to catch up and I was once again a sitting duck exiting T2.
Tubby passed me and then had a go at passing Martyn at T3 and they made contact forcing them both wide, luckily for me I was in the perfect position to capitalize and I took the opportunity with both hands to pass the pair of them on the exit of T3.

I now had clean air and quickly pulled a small gap to Martyn and the other drivers behind, but within the next couple laps Martyn, Hasnain and the GP1 guys pitted, which meant they were 2 stopping, I made my only stop shortly after halfway and came out 7th and about 8 seconds behind the leader Tubby.
The next couple laps I passed Baba and then Bl99dy as he made a error at T1, I was now 5th and the gap was still about 7 seconds to the lead, but over the next few laps I started to take chucks out of it as the from what I could tell there was a big battle for the lead, I was only a few seconds behind the front 4 when 3 of them pitted and the next lap Martyn pitted and I inherited the lead.

After everything had sorted itself out behind I had a 20 second+ lead over Tubby, with over 10 minutes left I knew all I had to do for the rest of the race was set solid lap times and I would win, and as I had no issues I did go on to win.

Sprint: 1st - Starting last I expected to be in for a difficult race, I had a decent start after the 1st lap I was able to pass a couple drivers, next few laps I gained a place due to Hasnain going off (though it looks like my car lagged into unfortunately), and passed a few more drivers and moved up to 7th.

Over the next few laps I was able to get ahead of Manx and the majority of the cars ahead pitted including the leader Martyn (who had built up a big advantage over me), I was now 2nd behind Tubby and for the next few laps we had great battle for the lead, but eventually I found my way past at T5 and I had to as Martyn on fresher tyres was only 3 seconds behind and had been reeling us in, with clean air finally I was able to pull away from Tubby but a lap later Martyn got past him.

With 2 laps to go I still had around a 2.5 second lead and knew I couldn't afford any mistakes, and thankfully I didn't as I managed to take the win by 1.7 seconds.

Looking back at that night I genuinely didn't know how this round was going to play out, the 4C on 1 lap pace wasn't the fastest car which was no surprise, but over a stint its better tyre wear ultimately made the difference in both races.
To be honest though while all the battles I had were good fun and very fair, by the time I was battling Tubby for the lead in the sprint I was running very low on patience and my frustration levels were going through the roof.:LOL:

Of course I can only say well done to everyone I battle (especially to Tubby and Martyn) on how well they defended, as I had to pretty much go through my entire repertoire of overtaking moves that night, and in the end I had to resort to an all or nothing move on the outside to pass Tubby, it wasn't a move I wanted to make (due to a number of things) but at that point I had no choice, that overtake won me the sprint in the end.

So I ended up doing the double and I believe creating a bit of history in this format, by winning a sprint race without pitting. (though I think Tubby in the sprint not pitting as well and getting a podium was something else in that Jag)

Anyway very well done to @TubbyPhantom on pole and 2 great drives for a double podium and well done to @Hasnain & @Martynvr on there podiums.

Last edited: