PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 4- Gr.4 (GT4) - Round 8 Nürburgring Nordschleife | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 4- Gr.4 (GT4) - Round 8 Nürburgring Nordschleife

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
There are still 2x80 points to race for @Wobbuffet and only 45 between You and @Ashracer2011. So I wouldn't say that it's over. Ash is fast round here, but You might be too and Your both in the Alfa. Make a quick get away on lap 1 and We'll never catch You two and Hasnain. But make one mistake on that lap first lap and We'll be all over You like a pack of wolves and that You might never recover from. Ash started behind me in a trial race We did Saturday and He was never able to get past even on my worn out footwear. So You hope that Ash make amistake and You don't and You just might still have a chance. If We are to have a full grid and Ash has a serious off, a 9th is not out of the question for him, as it's very hard to recover at this track.
Seriously yeah of course its not over but I'm a realist at the end of day Delaney, the championship situation is actually slightly better for me then what it was before the final round of S2 but its still completely out of my hands.

Going off topic I do have a couple things I want to raise:
Firstly I think there is a very high probability that the leader of the race when the one hour timer hits zero won't take the chequered flag, as a driver further down the order could cross the finishing line first (after 1 hour) and start the countdown timer (which has a maximum of 180 seconds), so unless the leader is in the last third of the lap they won't get around in time to finish the race.
Is there anyway to make it so that only the leader can start the race finish countdown timer?

Secondly due to this race being double points and being an hour long, I would like to put forward that in the event that driver(s) get dsc'ed, that there is some kind of points protection offered to everyone.
So the idea I'm suggesting is all drivers are guaranteed a minimum of half points if anyone dsc's in the first 30 minutes, 75% points for a dsc occurring from 30:00 to 44:59, and any dsc from 45:00 onwards full points awarded.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Seriously yeah of course its not over but I'm a realist at the end of day Delaney, the championship situation is actually slightly better for me then what it was before the final round of S2 but its still completely out of my hands.

Going off topic I do have a couple things I want to raise:
Firstly I think there is a very high probability that the leader of the race when the one hour timer hits zero won't take the chequered flag, as a driver further down the order could cross the finishing line first (after 1 hour) and start the countdown timer (which has a maximum of 180 seconds), so unless the leader is in the last third of the lap they won't get around in time to finish the race.
Is there anyway to make it so that only the leader can start the race finish countdown timer?

Secondly due to this race being double points and being an hour long, I would like to put forward that in the event that driver(s) get dsc'ed, that there is some kind of points protection offered to everyone.
So the idea I'm suggesting is all drivers are guaranteed a minimum of half points if anyone dsc's in the first 30 minutes, 75% points for a dsc occurring from 30:00 to 44:59, and any dsc from 45:00 onwards full points awarded.
Well We can always count on You asking the tricky questions ;)
The race is most like going to be 8 laps and who ever wins this, will be very close to starting lap 9. If say a driver is 1 minute slower per lap than the winner, he will cross the start/finish around the same time as the winner. If this back market get 7 laps or 7 laps and 180 seconds, does it really matter?
On the dsc We already have min last place + 1, that I have actually been using for this whole season (after your dsc and G’s illness) so there will be a minimum 49 points, if You dsc. If You dsc after a certain point there will be more, but I don’t remember right now.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Stewards Notes

1. Please take note of the change in race start procedure:

2. Due to the length of the track a change has also been made to the policy of serving game awarded penalties:
Drivers are to serve any game awarded penalty within the next 3 sectors upon receipt of penalty. As always this needs to be done in as safe a manner as possible preferably away from the racing line and without blocking anyone behind them.

3. Stay on the track. (yes, we know: easier said than done) and of course Good Luck Have Fun.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I'll as usual be online tonight from 7-9 pm gmt

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Like the track for time trial but is near impossible to overtake cleanly on 90% of the track. You have to wait for a sizable mistake. Also I would suggest drivers wait for a sizable break in the traffic behind before rejoining the track.

To clarify there is 1 race of 60min endurance at double points?

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Like the track for time trial but is near impossible to overtake cleanly on 90% of the track. You have to wait for a sizable mistake. Also I would suggest drivers wait for a sizable break in the traffic behind before rejoining the track.

To clarify there is 1 race of 60min endurance at double points?
As I wrote earlier, this is going to be a race of patience, as it is very hard to overtake here. So be careful guy's, it's not only Your own race You might destroy!

And to Your question Defiant: Yes it's a 1 hour race with no qualifying, but with double points. You can see all this in the top post at page 1 for this race

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Whether to go hard and run long...... or softer with more stops......

said the actress to the bishop

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Whether to go hard and run long...... or softer with more stops......

said the actress to the bishop
Testing, testing, testing, do the opposite and **** it all up

Reactions: Manx57

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Looking forward to the race tonight, though with the points gap in the championship I'm in a slightly better position then I was before the final round of S2 but its still very much out of my hands, so I'm just going to worry about my own race and not what Ash is doing - which will be a tad hard as we're starting 1 & 2.:LOL:

Either way with no qualifying tonight it means that I have no idea what everyones genuine pace is, though I strongly suspect that Ash will be fast as well as Hasnain, I would have also added the GP1 guys however I think unfortunately for them the Jag in the corners will hamper them a tad too much.

The race is most like going to be 8 laps and who ever wins this, will be very close to starting lap 9. If say a driver is 1 minute slower per lap than the winner, he will cross the start/finish around the same time as the winner. If this back market get 7 laps or 7 laps and 180 seconds, does it really matter?
To be honest I was looking at this more from the leaders perspective, obviously theres not much that can be done but surely we want the leader to take the chequered flag crossing the finishing line instead of running out of time half a lap away, but I guess it doesn't matter to much at the end of the day though.
On the dsc We already have min last place + 1, that I have actually been using for this whole season (after your dsc and G’s illness) so there will be a minimum 49 points, if You dsc. If You dsc after a certain point there will be more, but I don’t remember right now.
That's fair enough hopefully no one will dsc tonight but anyone does since its the last round, maybe put them just last instead of last + 1 - so for example if theres 14 racing tonight and one driver dsc's they gets placed 14th.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well that was disappointing, I'll do my race report later but its basically a tale of woe.

Anyway congratulations has to go to @Ashracer2011 on a great season and in general fantastic performances, the fastest driver won the championship in the end and I have no complaints.

I'm pleased to at least asked the question this time and take the championship to the final race unlike Season 2.
Which looked very unlikely as after the first 3 rounds it looked like Ash was going to píss it to put it bluntly lol (as he won 5 of the first 6 races).

And from my view I'm happy enough with my season in general, the numbers I put together are pretty similar to Season 2 and if you had offered me 5 wins and 12 podiums from 15 races, then I would have happily taken that as I would have assumed it would have given me a good chance of winning the championship.

But in end it was no where near enough and I will be finishing runner up again,:rolleyes: I'd be lying if I said it weren't a tad frustrating, but I guess I can still take positives from this season.
As I fully know I'm capable of winning a championship as I've been runner up 3 times now (2 in GT Sport and once in F1), but whats been the case all 3 times is I've been playing catch up on each occasion, so thinking ahead to next season I know what I need to do - well heres hoping anyway.:p

Moving on I just want to thank the co-ords for there hard work over the season @Delaney @BL99DY-NINE & @Hasnain.
Obviously I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with at times co-ords, but please bear in mind I've always only raised things and put suggestions forward (which I will continue to do so) because I want to see the league run as smooth as possible, and be as successful as it can be so I won't apologise for that.

And furthermore I'm sure we can all agree its not been the smoothest season (in our forums) for various reasons, but I hope we've all learned valuable lessons from it.

Finally just want to thank all the other drivers who took part this season, and especially those who I battled with who were always excellent, clean and fair(y), and I honestly feel in general we have one of the best driver standards across all the AOR leagues so lets try keep this up.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Moving on I just want to thank the co-ords for there hard work over the season @Delaney @BL99DY-NINE & @Hasnain.
Obviously I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with at times co-ords, but please bear in mind I've always only raised things and put suggestions forward (which I will continue to do so) because I want to see the league run as smooth as possible, and be as successful as it can be so I won't apologise for that.
For the most part your suggestions & criticisms have been of the fair and constructive variety and in general I'm glad that you take the time to read over the League Information and point out the areas where we might not have been clear or... well let's face it, outright missed things. However, there has been a rare moment or two where it feels like your emotions get the better of you which only proves that you are human after all. :) (as opposed to what your diving skill suggests: demi-alien :alien:) In short: keep the suggestions & critiques coming because it does help us out a lot to have another set of eyes on things.

Last edited:

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
That was a brilliant race thoroughly enjoyed that, we need more long road circuits. (wish the TT course was on)

Shame I got the fuel wrong by one lap again! Great close racing considering the high speeds, one thing was evident my car is so sloooww down the straights I got left behind unless I was tucked up tight drafting faster cars. Last lap was exciting ducked into the pits for a splash and dash and coming out to drive the last lap behind @Delaney and @BL99DY-NINE I think it was, man that was great, managed to get past bl99dy when he had a poor exit but he got it wrong and bumped me off so the chase after delaney was a lost cause. Loved it.
Well done to the winners and everyone that stayed the whole season long. Big thanks to the organisers for their efforts.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race report time:

5th - so with no qualy and championship position being used to determine the starting order I started in 2nd.
The first half of lap 1 went well enough and Ash was only a couple seconds ahead but it become clear that not only was I struggling with the handling of my car but from the karussell onwards that I was actually holding up Hasnain and Tubby behind, I was able to keep them behind for the rest of the lap but Tubby had got in front of Hasnain.

I was pulling a slight gap over Tubby for the first part of lap 2 but with the long straights he was able to catch back up and with him close behind behind me exiting Bergwerk, I stayed as close to the left of the track as possible to give him space to get by, as I knew I was struggling to much and didn't want to risk causing an incident.

Hasnain caught me up by the end of lap 2 and the next lap things just went downhill, I got it wrong at Brunnchen (I think it was) and went off losing a couple places and then at the Kleines Karussell, the concrete part of it nearly spun me, I dropped down to 7th and pitted that lap.

I came out in 8th not far behind Defiant and with my fresh tyres I caught upto him pretty quick, he very generously gave me the room to pass at Kallenhard, after that I began to make inroad on all the drivers ahead and by the end of the lap they all pitted, as I drove past the pits I found myself back in 3rd and only a couple seconds behind Tubby but I undid my good work getting Brunnchen wrong again, I was able to just stay ahead of Hasnain but he got past not long after exiting Galgenkopf.

The next lap I think I stayed 4th and then I pitted again, I once again started to catch the cars ahead and on lap 8 I managed to get past Megamunkki and by the end of the lap I had caught upto Delaney and Manx however they both pitted and this moved me upto 4th, but I then had the issue starting lap 9 that I only had 0.6 laps of fuel left, so with a 20 second gap to Hasnain ahead and a 15 second lead over Delaney I put my fuel mix into 6 and started to save, I began losing time to Delaney but it was at a rate that meant I would still stay ahead by the end.

However as i was approaching Schwalben-schwanz I got the entry badly wrong (the fast right before the the 2 lefts) due to my car getting very loose and cutting the inside, if I gained any time it was minimal but the game decided it deserved a 7 second penalty and with Delaney only a few seconds behind I knew I wouldn't be able to serve it all and stay ahead, with hitting 0.0 laps of fuel left (still had 1% left at that moment) I got off the throttle and coasted through Tiergarten which actually got rid of half the time pen, and managed to finish the race ahead of Delaney in 4th, but with the pen demoted to 5th which pretty much summed up my race perfectly.

Looking back at last night's race for some reason it was a complete struggle for me, the car felt like at majority of corners like it was on a knife-edge when going over bumps especially - with bumps entering corners, through corners and exiting corners at times. (I'm sure Tubby and Hasnain can confirm this:LOL:) Either way I was hanging on for dear life and it didn't surprise me that I had a couple major offs and went wide on a few occasions.

Yet when I looked at the replay and especially to see how Ash was able to handle his car, it looked like he was driving a different car to me, from what I saw I think he still had a few on edge moments but his car looked a lot more stable over bumps and through corners.
(The only explanation I have for this is the classic wheel v pad debate - as theres only so much finesse and accuracy steering with the analog stick, but it is just one of those things I guess.)

But even if I didn't make any mistakes I doubt I finish higher then 4th anyway as I had to do 2 stops, and pace wise I was only 7th/8th fastest based on my fastest lap of the race so I should probably be thankful I started 2nd, as for my end of race time pen I won't be appealing, (though had it been a podium position I probably would have, as I think I would have a good chance of being successful) as it doesn't affect the championship standings for anyone and it'll save the stewards a bit of time, so consider this a early xmas present @Delaney.;)

Anyway congrats once again to @Ashracer2011 on the championship and a excellent performance & win last night, also special mention to @TubbyPhantom for well and truly proving me wrong about the Jag last night, considering everyone knows how bad that Jag is around corners I think he drove an unbelievable race to take 2nd and well done to @Hasnain for taking the last podium spot.

Lastly I didn't say this in my previous post but congrats also to the GP1 guys (@Gareth Kirk) on winning there 2nd consecutive team championship.(y)

In short: keep the suggestions & critiques coming because it does help us out a lot to have another set of eyes on things.
I'll try my best Bl99dy but sometimes I feel that I need to be thorough in my details so thats its clear for everyone, if I keep things short then I add the risk of not fully explaining a suggestion or critique.
(as opposed to what your diving skill suggests: demi-alien :alien:)
Me an alien...:ROFLMAO: your too kind, but when racing against quality drivers here in these leagues past and present of the standard of Jamie, Ash, Hollowdene and others, I just consider myself - a mere mortal punching well above his weight.:)

Last edited:

TubbyPhantom

Formula 4 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
My race report: started 4th and knew from the previous weeks practice that I had great pace on the hard tyre and a bulletproof level of concentration, so a mistake was not going to happen. From the start of the race I knew it would be difficult to pass until the straights as @Hasnain and his ferrari would have better handling with fresh tyres than my jag, and I knew @Wobbuffet would be fast in the corners and easy to pass on the straight so I decided to make no attempt at an early pass and instead tried to breathe down @Hasnain neck and hope he made a mistake which took a long time coming but fortunately for me he went a little wide and that was enough for me to get by. Next up was @Wobbuffet and I could see he really wasn't comfortable in that little alfa so I bided my time until we got on one of the uphill straights (forgive me as I have no idea what any part of the track is called) where I had much more grunt and thankful he gave me enough room to get by, and then it was just a case of get my head down and build a gap. By this point @Ashracer2011 had already built up a 9-10 second lead if I'm not mistaken, so I just focused on consistency and pressure, thinking that maybe the bouncy alfa would give him problems. I already knew from practice in the week that he could do laps just as quick as me on the softer tyre and had better tyre life than my hards which was very surprising to me, but I knew all I could do was keep him honest and just hope that one or two mistakes would bring him back to me. Also at this point @Hasnain had found his pace and was sticking roughly about 10 seconds behind me and so I was managing that gap and keeping an eye on @Ashracer2011. That's pretty much how it stayed for the whole race, and when it came to the last 2 laps and my tyres were a little shot, I thought I would just back off a bit and make sure of 2nd place. I have to admit that I'm kind of glad to be out of the jag now, but in a strange way I'm going to miss it, and at this track it was awesome for me, felt solid and was a pleasure to drive. I think I reached its limit this week and it felt good. Well done to @Ashracer2011 for a well deserved championship, and everyone for the clean and fair racing, also I have to say a great drive by @Delaney to come from so far back and get 4th. Shows his class on such an epic track, so well done in that. And thanks @Wobbuffet for congratulating us on our team championship win. It's a pleasure racing with you all and I'm looking forward to a great season 5 and some good battles.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
I'll try my best Bl99dy but sometimes I feel that I need to be thorough in my details so thats its clear for everyone, if I keep things short then I add the risk of not fully explaining a suggestion or critique.
I used the term 'in short' as a way to end my comment not to imply that your comments are too long, sorry for the misunderstanding

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Race - P3
Wasn't really expecting to be on the pace for this one as I didn't have as much practice as I'd have liked. From early on, could tell Sylar was having issues keeping the car facing the right direction, however I didn't want to take any risks early on. Unfortunately I went wide at the second Carousel and then the subsequent corner which dropped me down to 4th, many seconds behind the guys in front. After that I was mostly on my own, overtook Sylar a couple of times as he made some mistakes and Delaney and Megamunkki did get quite close but I pulled away eventually, The time flew by, really enjoyed driving and relatively pleased with my pace and result.

With that I've finished P3 in each of the feature races, so I guess it's right that I finished P3 overall. Would have liked a win somewhere but I guess it wasn't to be.
Congratulations to @Ashracer2011 on the title and well done to @Wobbuffet as runner up (though I don't think you'll be too happy to hear that). Also congrats to the CPI boys @TubbyPhantom and @Gareth Kirk on the constructors title.

Finally,thank you to @Delaney and @BL99DY-NINE for running the show, you put a lot of effort behind the scenes and deserve all the plaudits.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Race Report
Start P11 -> Race P4
I started out with @Jackiid15 right behind and @SEAN-GBR in front of me. I didn't know what to expect from SEAN, but since he wrote that he don't like the track, I thought that I would be allright. I got past i T1 when he ran a bit wide. First problem served.Then I had a bunch (3) Scuba's in front of me. First @Manx57, who I caught up to quite fast and when We got to "Flugplatz" @Gareth Kirk and @BL99DY-NINE was so friendly to visit the grass and thereby letter the four of us past. When We got to @Kesselchen" Manx "let" me by, as I was much faster on the straights. I could see that @Defiant195 and @ERS_Thunder was battling it out up front, so I kinda waited it out till @Galgenkopf" where I was nearly taken out by Mega, who didn't see me on his outside, and "forced" me onto the grass. It didn't help him though, I was past and onto Defiant, who had to let me by at @Döttinger Höhe". I was amazed, had past 6 cars on lap 1. This had to end well. Before the race I had been testing with RH front and RM rear and I knew that I could do 4 laps like that. But I had actually decided not to run this option, but forgot in the pre-race commotion. This should bite me later.
Over the next laps Mega hung on to my rear (1-2 sec's down) as We slowly but surely caught up to @Hasnain and @Wobbuffet. I simply couldn't shake him off. I pitted at the end of lap 4, as most did. Mega apparently had used less fuel than me and came out in front. That didn't help him much, as the grunch of the Vette soon got the better of him. I think he made a mistake, because suddenly it was Manx on my tale. Again We caught up to Wobbie and Hasnain and again I got past Wobbie quite easily, as He made a smal mistake. Problem was now that I started to realize that this was going to be a 9 lapper instead 8, as I had believed before the race. Also I realised that when I pitted I had blindly accepted the tire suggestion and had RM's mounted and they were NOT good for 4 laps. Also my fuel would run out, if I should do 9 laps. So I pitted at the end of lap 8 for a new set of RM's and a splash on petrol. Manx pitted with me, but Wobbie and BL99DY didn't so I was suddenly at P6, but right at the tale of BL99DY. I guessed that his tires were a bit shot and I knew that I was faster so I keept him good and honest and at "Schwedenkreuz"/"Aremberg" he broke a bit late and I was able got past on the inside. Now Wobbie was 14 sec's up front so I tucked my head down and pushed all I had ever done. The gab soon started to scrink, which ofcause only fueled me more. When We reached "Planzgarten" I could see him and hoped for the best. I didn't expect him to mess up the start of "Schwalbenschwantz" and get a penalty, but I was hoping, that my rapid closing of the gab, could maybe force him to push, more that he could handle. At Döttinger I was of cause powering through, but I could see that I was going to be tight. When We reached "Tiergarten" I could see his penalty and I knew that if could keep it together for the last few turns, I would have him and I managed and got MY 4th back ;)

Congratulations to @Ashracer2011 for a stunning championship, To @Wobbuffet and @Hasnain on their individual podiums and to @TubbyPhantom and @Gareth Kirk on their Team championship. It has been a true plesure driving With You and all the other participants in this Gr.4 Season. Now let's see what Season 5 brings.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings updated - BEWARE this is still a temporary result. We are awaiting a Stewards Investigation against @ERS_Thunder for a Penalty Serving Enfringement.

Wow, it looks like Team Dansk Amerikansk Motorsport got a well deserved podium in the end. Congrats to us @BL99DY-NINE
The Stewards has had a good talk of the Penalty Serving Infringement from @ERS_Thunder / Megamunkki.
Facts: At lap 1, Sector 2 Megamunkki got a penalty. He should have served that penalty within 3 sectors, which he didn't. He did in fact not serve this penalty before lap 7 sector 1.
The decision is that Megamunkki will have 1 second added to his driving time of 1:00.07.761 for each sector he did not serve his penalty. This means that his total race time will now be 1:01:26.761 and his result will therefore be changed to 10th instead of 8th and @Defiant / @Gareth Kirk will be moved up a place.

• Informative
Reactions: BL99DY-NINE