PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 5 - Red Bull Junior - 18th April SUZUKA CIRCUIT | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 5 - Red Bull Junior - 18th April SUZUKA CIRCUIT

BL99DY-NINE

Formula 3 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018

League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion | Team Selection | Time Trial | Results & Standings

Event Information

• Date: April 18th, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RM, RS (Feature) RS, RSS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 15 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 40 Minutes
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 20 Minutes
    • Reverse grid
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Feature Race results
●Track Map

● Weather Conditions:
Cloudy

● In-game time-of-day:
16:30

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist:

1. @Delaney, PSN: RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 30ms
  2. @BL99DY-NINE, PSN: BL99DY-NINE, American, 114ms (5pp)
  3. @Gareth Kirk, PSN: GP1_TripleG, English, 16ms (5pp)
  4. @Meg1s, PSN: Megamunkki, Finnish, 50ms
  5. @Jackiid15, PSN: jackiid15, British, 37ms TBC (5pp)
  6. @Wobbuffet, PSN: Shadow_Sylar, English, 10ms (5pp)
  7. @TubbyPhantom PSN: GP1_TubbyPhantom, English, 13ms
  8. @Ashracer2011, PSN: Ashracer2011, British, 14ms TBC (10pp)
  9. @Hasnain, PSN: Ace_Hasnain_282, British, 14ms (5pp)
  10. @Scuderia_Ethan, PSN: breaknclays, British, 28ms (10pp)
  11. @LukeEtheridge95, PSN: babaoriley3, British, 13ms
  12. @Manx57, Ronin_Manx, Manx, 63ms
  13. @SolidNinjaSnake, PSN: SolidNinjaSnake, British, 16ms
  14. @ExpritX30, PSN: Expritx30,
We will all gather in @Delaney's room before the race for warm-ups. For the race it looks like we will have 16 participants (or less) this round.

Resigned:

Informed no show:

Uninformed no show:

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jackiid15

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Ok after my stewards thread I like to think we can all agree none of us want anything like that to happen again, now while I think just for simplicity and to let everyone get on with racing, sticking to the game to decide stewarding of pens would be best, but with regards to Suzuka and track limits I can unfortunately tell the co-ords for a fact that with these corners:

Degner 1 can be cut significantly without any game pen and will need to be policed.
Degner 2 can also be cut, but the game does award a pen if you do cut it to much.
(With the exit of both Degners there is astroturf which can be used to extend, however by using it drivers are risking going off the circuit and losing time, its a big risk reward)
Casio Triangle is a tricky one, part 1 & 2 of it can be cut a bit with no pen but if you cut too much the game does award you a time pen.

Other then that I would say that the co-ords/stewards would not need to worry about the rest of the circuit and should be comfortable just letting the drivers race.

As for the corners that I pointed out that are not policed properly by the game I would say that there are a few realistic options for the co-ords & drivers:

A. Stewards to stick to the same rules as Interlagos at least 2 wheels on the white line at all times
B. Stewards to watch out for corner cutting at both Degners & Casio
C. Stewards to only watch out for corner cutting at only Degner 1
D. Or a complete open house and a free for all with no track limit stewarding whatsoever.

Now personally I think option D can't be considered due to Degner 1 alone and I wouldn't really like option A either as there would be nothing stopping anybody doing another stewards thread like mine after the round which could cause a lot of problems again.

For me I would suggest either option B or C would be the best thing to do, but out of those two options I would go for option C.
Simply because there is a time penalty system in place for those corners (Degner 2 & Casio) should drivers take liberties there, if the drivers only have to worry about Degner 1 then all the drivers are in the same boat for the rest of the rest of the circuit, and it would be alot simpler and quicker for the stewards to police just Degner 1.

Those are my thoughts, and I'm sure that others will have there own pov's to post on that they think would be best for this round.

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
STEWARDS NOTE:

The main concern of the Coords/Stewards when it comes to track limits, is persistent & intentional abuse designed to gain advantage over other drivers. This kind of offense will always be awarded a time penalty and/ or a number of Penalty Points. The occasional mistake brought on by tyre wear or loss of focus, is something that we all do and is only penalised if it happens too often.

In order to prevent further discord in the forums we ask that drivers NOT launch Stewards Enquiries over track limits except in cases of Illegal Overtakes (i.e. @P_Maldonaldo left the track to overtake me for position).

The following areas of Suzuka will be under scrutiny:

1. Degner 1: The limits as determined by the game here are nearly non-existent and regularly abused in sport mode. In the RedBull Jr. car it can be flat out through here and therefore difficult to judge if a driver is in fact over the line. Do your best to keep two wheels on the proper side of the white line.

2. Degner 2: The inside of this corner is well policed by the game the exit however is not. However, being over-cautious can and often does result in drivers going for a spin. Therefore, 3 wheels over the white line will be acceptable but do try to keep two wheels where they should be.

3. Spoon Corner exit: Really, really easy to run wide beyond the line here and there is little to no enforcement by the game. Much like the exit of Degner
2, being over-cautious can and often does result in drivers going for a spin. Therefore, 3 wheels over the white line will be acceptable but do try to keep two wheels where they should be.

4. Casio Triangle -or- the Chicane: Once again the game fails us here. Not just through the chicane itself but on exit as well. As for the chicane itself the usual two wheels on the proper side will apply but the exit can get tricky so as in Degner 2 exit & Spoon exit, 3 wheels over the white line will be acceptable but do try to keep two wheels where they should be.

Other areas of the track are sufficiently policed by the GT Sport auto-spin grass or the sand which will slow drivers down considerably.

Ultimately what we all want is to race respectfully, competitively, and flat-out to the best of our individual skill levels without the constant threat of a minor rules violation. We the coordinators are doing our level best to ensure a safe and fun environment for everyone involved, please help us ensure this happens by only using the Stewards Enquiries when absolutely necessary.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Feature race was generally happy with, sprint race was a flustercuck.
Well I was NOT happy about You in that Feature Race, when You took me out in 130R and not wait as the rules prescribe. I’m not going to make a case of it, as I took my self out playing in the nice sand dunes, with my little red bucket and showel.

LukeEtheridge95

Formula Karter
Sep 29, 2018
Well I was NOT happy about You in that Feature Race, when You took me out in 130R and not wait as the rules prescribe. I’m not going to make a case of it, as I took my self out playing in the nice sand dunes, with my little red bucket and showel.
It’s ok, I’ll stick to being a ‘sport race aggressor’ from now on.