PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 5 - Red Bull Junior - 25th April RedBull Ring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 5 - Red Bull Junior - 25th April RedBull Ring

BL99DY-NINE

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018

League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion | Team Selection | Time Trial | Results & Standings

Event Information

• Date: April 18th, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RM, RS (Feature) RS, RSS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 15 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 40 Minutes
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 20 Minutes
    • Reverse grid
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Feature Race results
●Track Map

● Weather Conditions:
Fine Weather

● In-game time-of-day:
07:45

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist:

1. @Delaney, PSN: RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 30ms
  2. @BL99DY-NINE, PSN: BL99DY-NINE, American, 114ms (5pp)
  3. @Gareth Kirk, PSN: GP1_TripleG, English, 16ms (5pp)
  4. @Meg1s, PSN: Megamunkki, Finnish, 50ms
  5. @Jackiid15, PSN: jackiid15, British, 37ms TBC (5pp)
  6. @Wobbuffet, PSN: Shadow_Sylar, English, 10ms (5pp)
  7. @TubbyPhantom PSN: GP1_TubbyPhantom, English, 13ms
  8. @Ashracer2011, PSN: Ashracer2011, British, 14ms TBC (10pp)
  9. @Hasnain, PSN: Ace_Hasnain_282, British, 14ms (5pp)
  10. @Scuderia_Ethan, PSN: breaknclays, British, 28ms (10pp)
  11. @LukeEtheridge95, PSN: babaoriley3, British, 13ms
  12. @Manx57, Ronin_Manx, Manx, 63ms
  13. @SolidNinjaSnake, PSN: SolidNinjaSnake, British, 16ms
  14. @ExpritX30, PSN: Expritx30,
We will all gather in @Delaney's room before the race for warm-ups. For the race it looks like we will have 16 participants (or less) this round.

Resigned:

Informed no show:

Uninformed no show:

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Qualifying

Feature

Sprint

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I just wanted to raise this from the last round.
STEWARDS NOTE:

The main concern of the Coords/Stewards when it comes to track limits, is persistent & intentional abuse designed to gain advantage over other drivers. This kind of offense will always be awarded a time penalty and/ or a number of Penalty Points. The occasional mistake brought on by tyre wear or loss of focus, is something that we all do and is only penalised if it happens too often.

In order to prevent further discord in the forums we ask that drivers NOT launch Stewards Enquiries over track limits except in cases of Illegal Overtakes (i.e. @P_Maldonaldo left the track to overtake me for position).
I have no issue with the co-ords/stewards wanting to prevent discord on the forums however to not allow drivers to launch stewards enquiries on track limits as a reason for it isn't right, now while no one likes taking anyone to the stewards sometimes it is necessary, and something like track limits which will likely always be contentious when taken to the stewards, obviously its not ideal for anyone.

Also potential issues of this is the lack of transparency by only allowing the co-ords to decide on raising any potential stewards on track limits and as shown from my stewards, replays from driver to driver are not 100% accurate.

But in all leagues across AOR anybody can take someone to the stewards for any incident or issue that happens in races, of course its going to cause unhappiness between the drivers involved and potential arguments, but that's part of the parcel of the stewards and the stewards in turn have to deal with this whether they want to or not.

Now co-ords everyone knows the big issue for track limits this round will be exiting T1, (and will need to be policed) now I can accept people making errors or battling for position why track extending can be acceptable in circumstances there, but with the exit of T1 there is potential ranging from small to decent time to be gained there by extending - whether that's minimally or just completely taking the Michael.

I'm interested to see what will be decided by the co-ords/stewards for this corner and how much leeway drivers will be given, of course I'd expect myself and everyone else at some point during the races to extend that corner (intentionally or not) and we'll all likely see a driver ahead extend T1 at times, but I think its only fair in these circumstances that drivers themselves can raise this if it happens regularly enough.

But that then raises the question, what will the co-ords/stewards consider to be regular? - are we talking 9 times out of ten, once every 2 laps, or less then that?

As for the rest of the circuit in general it is policed by the game reasonably well, like if you cut or extend the exit of T8 or 9 then the game does penalise you, so I think that only T1 on Thursday will really need to be watched be the stewards and allow the drivers to just get on with it around the rest of the circuit.

Reactions: Manx57

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Advanced notice I may miss this last round sorry, I am trying to get out of my obligations to be able attend but cannot guarantee it... @Delaney

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Here you go everyone, I think these are 3 good examples of what typical lines can be taken exiting T1 with the bottom 2 not penalised by the game.

(And using Dara O'Briain's 3 states of legality in Irish law for comedic effect to describe each T1 exit taken)

This comes under - That's grand:

Then it moves in to - Ah now don't push it:

And finally - Right your taking the píss:

Now I can accept on occasions when drivers have their 2 left wheels go as far as on the long yellow sausage kerb, but when you start going over the yellow sausage kerb on several occasions then that's when I feel your taking liberties with track limits regardless of intent or not.

As for the final picture, for me no one should be going that wide with the exception of avoiding an incident when battling with another driver or to avoid a slow/spinning car on the inside, I could accept the odd occasion to go this wide but if people are going that wide at least 3 times with no valid reason (worn out tyres is not a valid excuse) then that's blatant extending.

(And just as an example if you do something like that 3 times in the F1 games you get a deserved 3 sec time pen)
Co-ords/stewards I think these are 3 good examples here that you can use to clearly tell and indicate to all the drivers what will and won't be acceptable over a race at T1.

At the end of the day I want to just focus on the racing, but equally I think its fundamentality important to establish clear rules & boundaries especially at circuits where track limits can be abused, so that everyone is in the same boat and there fully aware what's acceptable and there is no uncertainty - which surely can't be a bad thing.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Steward note is in the making

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Something minor co-ords since the update, 9:45 is no longer available anymore in the time of day options for Red Bull Ring, the nearest time is 10:15 or 7:45 - so what will be the new time of day used?

BL99DY-NINE

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Stewards Notes

To begin with, we The Stewards were pleased to see that Round 6 @ Suzuka was a nice clean showing of adherence to track limits and we thank you all for making it so. Also the good people around the area of Spielberg, Austria have decided to no longer observe the hour of 09:00. Therefore the in-game race time will be changed to 07:45

1. T1. We all know quite well that time can be gained here by extending on exit. To further complicate matters, the bump on the inside of the corner can throw the RedBull Jr wide on exit. The rules around crossing the white line still apply but definitely do not touch the yellow sausage kerb.

2. T2's exit has similar issues to T1, so: white line, 2 wheels only, no touching the yellow sausage kerb.

3. T7 exit. Yet again "White liiine, flowing through my miiind..." Don't cross it! Not too much anyway.

4. T8 can be cut and extended however cutting T8 can result in being thrown wide by the yellow baguette kerb. Same rules apply around crossing the white line in both the inside of the corner and the exit.

5. The pit entry can be problematic as drivers wishing to pit will take a tighter and slower line around T7. In order to avoid incidents we ask that drivers move to the right hand side of the track at the Gran Turismo sign between T6 & T7.

6. Good luck, have fun.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So final round tonight and looking at my position in the championship, well unlike the previous 2 seasons for me I actually have a proper chance.

Obviously I'll just to have to wait and see how things play out in the feature and hopefully I'll have a chance going into the sprint, but I think I will still need a bit of luck if I'm to win the championship tonight.

Anyway I'm expecting 2 very competitive races tonight as theres a close team championship battle and many drivers are looking to get there first win of the season with a few still looking for there first podium.

Reactions: Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Stewards Notes

1. T1. We all know quite well that time can be gained here by extending on exit. To further complicate matters, the bump on the inside of the corner can throw the RedBull Jr wide on exit. The rules around crossing the white line still apply but definitely do not touch the yellow sausage kerb.

2. T2's exit has similar issues to T1, so: white line, 2 wheels only, no touching the yellow sausage kerb.

3. T7 exit. Yet again "White liiine, flowing through my miiind..." Don't cross it! Not too much anyway.

4. T8 can be cut and extended however cutting T8 can result in being thrown wide by the yellow baguette kerb. Same rules apply around crossing the white line in both the inside of the corner and the exit.
So basically be careful for the first 2 and last 2 corners of the track, I will say though that cutting or extending the last 2 corners will normally lead to the game giving out a time pen, so that should help police the last 2 corners tonight.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
So final round tonight and looking at my position in the championship, well unlike the previous 2 seasons for me I actually have a proper chance.

Obviously I'll just to have to wait and see how things play out in the feature and hopefully I'll have a chance going into the sprint, but I think I will still need a bit of luck if I'm to win the championship tonight.

Anyway I'm expecting 2 very competitive races tonight as theres a close team championship battle and many drivers are looking to get there first win of the season with a few still looking for there first podium.
As Ash and I are leading the Teams and Ash the overall, you’ll be in for a hard fought battle, if You are to win the overall. There’s not much time separating us all, so it’s going to be up to consistency’s

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well what a crazy night and final round I'll be doing my race report tomorrow or something like that, but firstly I want to congratulate @Ashracer2011 on the championship again, he was the fastest driver again this season and I have no real complaints.

Looking at the current standings if my maths are correct I think I ended up 9 points short, and when looking in-depth at the results if you don't include the bonus points for pole or FL that would've meant just 1 point would have been between us based on race results.

Which goes to show they nearly made the ultimate difference for Ash, but that would be doing him a disservice as he had a great season with all due respect.
I was in exactly the same position as he was after Round 1 (last season) where you've already used your drop week and you have no margin for error (ie: can't afford a bad race) what so ever for the rest of the season, its not a nice a place to be in for the rest of the season so kudos to him on that.

Now while I may have more wins this season then him, Ash he was more consistent - he racked up 3 wins & 10 podiums from 12 races and majority of those podiums were 2nd places, that consistent heavy scoring was without doubt the keystone of his championship success this season.

For me I certainly don't feel I could've done anything more realistically, I pretty much maximised and got the best result I could in every feature, but as for the sprint races they were very much feast or famine for me I won 3 and finished off the podium in the other 4 and that says it all.
I've always accepted to a degree that things even themselves out over a season when it came to the sprint races, but unfortunately circumstances just seemed to work really against me at times in half of them, the Barcelona sprint race is definitely one where I'm left thinking what if.

But it is what it is though and I will still think of this season from a personal view point as a big success, I may have missed out on the championship (again), but I do take solace that I really did push Ash all the way this season unlike last.

Finally one last big announcement from me this was my swansong in this league for the foreseeable future (I'm sure some of you are delighted lol), I had hoped to do a Rosberg tonight but I will be moving on regardless.

I made this decision at the end of March - originally I was planning to leave after S6 but if the truth be told the surprise early announcement and release date of F1 2019, means that I had to change my plans as I wanted to have a proper couple months break before I make my planned return to the F1 leagues (& potential F2) that'll probably start July.

But with that being said I am offering my services until end of Monday (29th) to the co-ords as a consultant/test driver if they want to try out any last tweaks to settings with the SF car before the Super Formula season starts.

(@Delaney @BL99DY-NINE - I do have a idea that might help improve the racing in these cars and keep it close between the field like this season either message me here or drop me a line on PSN if you want to know more.)

After that though while I don't think you'll see to much of me, don't expect me to fully disappear from the GT Sport forums (your not getting rid of me that easily:LOL:), I will be keeping an eye to see how things go during S6 and whether anyone can take Ash's crown. (good luck everyone on that!)

P.S - The FL's are missing from the Interlagos races and I know for a fact that @Hasnain got both FL's - it might be pivotal in deciding the teams championship outcome...

Last edited:

LukeEtheridge95

Formula Karter
Sep 29, 2018
Was an issue at work which meant I had to go back in, meant I was cutting it tight for qualifying, so not an ideal start.

Had no one lap pace, wasn’t expecting anything from either race so was pleasantly surprised that I could keep it mostly clean, and wasn’t too far off some of the others in race trim. Was making the tyres last longer than I could in practice as well which was a big plus (maybe the time change helped). Ballsed up the sprint race again, seems to be my trademark now.

Went into last night undecided on whether I would continue into next season. Never really felt comfortable in the RB Jr., and I don’t think I was alone in that respect. Always want to win at everything that I do, and if that’s not looking likely, I want to do the best job I possibly can. Unless someone Maldonado’s the field at some point, the win ain’t happening, and I’ve made so many stupid mistakes this season that I’d become pretty disillusioned by the end of it.

I know I’m generally going to be one of the slowest in the field, and I know my race craft needs some work. Aiming to work on both of these during the season, and rediscover some of my love for league racing.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Ok my last race report here for a while.

Feature
Qualy - 7th:eek:: Nothing short of a disaster not only had I had my worst qualy of the season (this was my worst since Season 1) when I couldn't afford to and it was at the worst possible time, I didn't put in a good banker at the start and invalidated my 2nd run, my 2 lap 3rd run at the end - 1st lap went wrong, as I started my last lap I was in down in 10th and had to just settle to make sure I put in a solid time which I did, and despite being just a second of pole I was a tad surprised to find myself down in 7th though.

Race - 2nd: Considering the championship situation going into this round I knew realistically I had to finish ahead of Ash in the feature, but starting 7th I felt I now faced a nigh-on impossible task.

The start didn't go to well for me and SNS got by me, I tried to fight back pass but I couldn't do it and to make matters worse our battling allowed the top 5 to pull away after the first lap.
The next couple laps Will who jumped the start and dropped to the back, caught up to me he had great pace so I didn't fight him and next lap I was able to follow him and used his battle with SNS to pass SNS also.

The next few laps I slowly but surely began making inroads towards the pack of drivers 2nd on down, as we got to lap 6 pitstops began and by the end of lap 9 everyone in front of me had pitted except Will, and by the end of lap 10 it was clear that he was doing the one stopper like me.

As we came towards the end of lap 12 Will must have been in a low on fuel and in a leaner fuel mix as I began catching him pretty quick, I got past him before T1 on lap 13 and pulled a second lead over him before we pitted that lap.

I came out in 7th and no mans land and set about just trying to run decent lap times while saving fuel which I did, then once again over the next several laps the drivers ahead made there final stops and on lap 19 I inherited the lead again.

The next couple laps Will who I had pulled a couple seconds advantage over previously started to reel me in and by the end of lap 21 he had properly caught me however I managed to stay ahead of Will on lap 22 but Ash was also now very close behind us, on lap 23 Will and I started to battle I managed to hold him off T2 & T3 and that allowed Ash to have a go at Will T4.

This allowed me to just focus on the next few corners but when I looked back after T6 I was very surprised to see I had a few seconds advantage all of a sudden, at this point I felt I had a chance of pulling of a miracle win but with worn out tyres Ash and Hasnain quickly erased the 3 second buffer I had within 2 laps, I was bearly able to keep Ash behind as we started the last lap and unfortunately for me I tried to be too greedy at T1, I missed the apex and killed my speed it allowed Ash pass as well as Hasnain.

But I knew I couldn't just give up, so with Hasnain battling Ash while braking at T2 I also followed Hasnain and went down the inside, I made side on side contact with Ash who I think was looking to do the cutback on Hasnain but no real harm was done, I did managed to slot in behind Hasnain on exit and on the run down to T3 I was debating to do a banzai move for the lead but I knew with my tyres at that point that it would've been a complete disaster, I still broke as late as I safely could but Ash had a go down the outside of me.

Once again I battled with Ash, we came close to contact and I did my best to give him a car's width on exit but unfortunately for him he went wide and lost a bit of time, at this point Hasnain had pulled clear of me and went on to win, I managed to somehow finish 2nd with Ash my championship rival in 3rd.

Sprint - 1st: Heading into the sprint I knew I still had a chance of winning the championship but I would need a lot of things to go my way and it was completely out of my hands.

This time though I had a great start and managed to jump up from 13th to 7th after T2, I then moved upto 6th at the start of lap 2 but Ash then found got past me at T6.
The next lap (3)...a lot of crazy **** happened in the first couple cornerso_O

and by the end of it I was in 5th.

The next few laps not much happened and I stayed in 5th, but then Will again caught me up from another jump start and passed me, on lap 7 a few of the drivers ahead pitted this promoted me to 3rd, which become 2nd on lap 8 as SNS went wide at T2 and allowed me and Will to get by.

On lap 9 I was following Will closely who was saving fuel again but so was I at this point, but next lap I did pass him for the lead exiting T3, I started to pull away from him a bit but then I got T6 wrong on lap 11 and just like
that he was all over me, I then had a poor T1 on lap 12 and he took the lead from me.

I stayed as close as I could to him for the rest of the lap and on the final lap I was able to have a go down the outside at T2, Will was able to hold me off but I had another go around the outside of T3 and this time I was just able to make it work and pull of the pass, but it weren't over again I had an average T6 and Will was able to pull alongside me heading down to the last 2 corners but I had the inside, and directly behind both of us was Ethan and Ash on fresh tyres.

Me and Will made light side contact with each other and we were still side by side as we took the final turn, thankfully for me I was able to just take the last corner good enough to not only fend of Will, but to just keep Ash behind as well, as I was heading towards the chequered flag I had a quick look behind and saw this...

I then took the chequered flag to win the race with 4 drivers covered by 4 tenths, and was left thinking afterwards - just another day at the office.:ROFLMAO:

Looking back on that night it was a lot of fun and feel I overachieved on the night, in the feature when Ash pitted for the first time I thought I had no chance of finishing ahead of him as he was over 10 seconds clear of me, also I knew for a fact the 2 stopper was quicker then the 1 stop - so why I did the one stop then despite knowing this.

After my poor qualy I knew I needed to try and do something different and the one stop would give me track position, though I knew I would 2 seconds a lap slower at the end but I hoped that track position might be worth its weight in gold and it nearly was, to be honest with 4 laps to go I thought that was that for me I had a faster Will behind me and and even faster Ash on fresh tyres.

But they then had an incident of some kind on lap 23 which gave me a chance all of a sudden, I wasn't surprised though when Ash re-caught me but the only disappointment from my perspective was the poor T1 I had on the final lap, it ended my chances of the win just like that, but I still managed to fight and ended up getting 2nd.

As for the sprint I think those 2 pictures above sum up this season sprint races in a nutshell - just absolutely mental.
I've never known a race to have 4 wide battles and for 4 drivers to be covered by a blanket at the end, again it was a surprise result as with the lead Ethan had I fully expected him to catch me and Will but things worked out as best they could as it turned out.

Of course though unfortunately for me it still wasn't enough in the championship battle, but even so I'm leaving the league on a very positive note I feel.

Something I probably need to work on is my 1 lap qualy pace, if truth be told that's my weakest area and some of you will be probably surprised to know I've never had a pole in AOR though it weren't from a want of trying lol.

But when I look back over my time here sure I may not have won a championship, but I I'm incredibly proud at the numbers I put together over the seasons that was my 16th win in my last 3 seasons and the most of anyone over all the season in the GT Sport league currently. (though I expect Ash to take that record from me during next season lol)

As for you Ash, I think you and I both know (as does everyone else here) we will never truly get on, are personalities just clash with one another which funnily enough for me I don't actually have a problem with as I just accept it as a fact of life, you can't expect to get on with everyone.
But when it came to battling on the track I'd like to think one thing you will agree with me on, is when we had our battles they were always hard and fair in general, there was no shunts or crashes between us the way we raced each other on the track, is a perfect example how drivers in leagues should behave even if they don't get on with each other off it.

And lastly on a more positive note I will say your one hell of a talented racer and I'd be genuinely curious to see how you would get on in the F1 leagues, if you ever want to make a return to the F1 leagues and want to continue our on track rivalry we built here over the last 6 months in the future, then I won't be complaining.

Finally co-ords I want to thank you for your hard work since you guys took over properly from Season 2, I know on occasions I've not been the easiest person to deal with, but equally I hope you and everyone knows it was only because I wanted things to go as smoothly as possible, and I only had the best intentions in mind for everyone involved when I raised many things even trivial ones.

Though seriously I do feel honoured to have raced against some of the cleanest and fastest racers I've ever raced against not just in GT Sport but in AOR itself, I feel this league has set a very high standard for itself and I hope for future seasons this is maintained.

See you around everyone.