PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 6 - Super Formula - MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 6 - Super Formula - MAIN DISCUSSION

Irontiger91

Semi-Pro Karter
May 16, 2019
You did see this
  • You HAVE to be OFF track at least 15 hours

right?
I did I was referring to what Jack was talking about I think what you are suggesting is a much more feasible idea especially considering how many people are involved myself and Jack had been talking about doing a charity run for the 24 hour duration

Jackiid15

Formula 3 2nd Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I did I was referring to what Jack was talking about I think what you are suggesting is a much more feasible idea especially considering how many people are involved myself and Jack had been talking about doing a charity run for the 24 hour duration
I was talking about the three of us as a team doing two four hour stints each for Charity

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I’ve updated my first post with a couple of hmmmmm interesting details. Setup to be allowed and damage set to hard

Reactions: Jackiid15

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Remember to answer our poll regarding the future of AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE Link to POLL

I sat there watching the 24 hours of Le Mans and I thought to my self "Are there any way that We can do this"?

Then I saw that a group of crazies just a few kilometers from me, actually did it. It's in Danish, but You'll get the meaning Link here

I do not have 2 other drivers nearby and so do most of us I guess, so I can't commit to a full 24 hours, but what if We could compete for 9 hours over the 24 hours, so as to resemble the driving done by a single driver IRL.

The requirements that I'm thinking is:

• Start Saturday June 29th 15.00 CEST / 14.00 BST
  • No one can drive more than 4 hours in each session
  • Everybody have to drive the first and the last hour
  • Fuel consumption will be set to force everybody to fuel every 14 laps (as IRL)
  • Tires will be set to be able to last 2 stints
  • Damage to be set to hard
  • Setup to be allowed
  • You can ONLY be off in the pit
  • Only one compound will be possible (most likely RM)
  • Qualifying will be a short 3 lap session, just before the race
  • My streaming will be running all 24 hours, so Your "off time" can be checked.
  • 2nd RR will opened when more than 22 has signed up - fastest in RR1
I'm not sure everything is possible, but I'll check that. Your thoughts please!
Not exactly an overwhelming interest in this.....

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Only 10 answers so far for this:

Remember to answer our poll regarding the future of AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE Link to POLL

SEAN-GBR

Formula Karter
May 14, 2018
As much as it interests me i don't think it would work out. I think to stage an event like this you would need 30 reliable enthusiast's living close to each other just to get a 10 car field which on current numbers for the leagues we have had I think we would struggle to get. I have watched people do it on iracing and it looks great but I think they have a larger community of sim racers and the ability through iracing to switch drivers through the game makes it a lot more appealing.

How about a 3 - 4 hour race either on your own or sharing the driving if you can / want?

All LMP1 or a mix of LMP1 and GR3 to make it interesting?

VLX_Dennis

Junior Karter
May 4, 2019
Sorry guys but I can't run tonight, I'm sick I've thrown up so far and I don't have the strength, we update ourselves for the next race. Sorry again

• Sad
Reactions: Delaney

TubbyPhantom

Formula 4 2nd Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018

I sat there watching the 24 hours of Le Mans and I thought to my self "Are there any way that We can do this"?

Then I saw that a group of crazies just a few kilometers from me, actually did it. It's in Danish, but You'll get the meaning Link here

I do not have 2 other drivers nearby and so do most of us I guess, so I can't commit to a full 24 hours, but what if We could compete for 9 hours over the 24 hours, so as to resemble the driving done by a single driver IRL.

The requirements that I'm thinking is:

• Start Saturday June 29th 15.00 CEST / 14.00 BST
  • No one can drive more than 4 hours in each session
  • Everybody have to drive the first and the last hour
  • Fuel consumption will be set to force everybody to fuel every 14 laps (as IRL)
  • Tires will be set to be able to last 2 stints
  • Damage to be set to hard
  • Setup to be allowed
  • You can ONLY be off in the pit
  • Only one compound will be possible (most likely RM)
  • Qualifying will be a short 3 lap session, just before the race
  • My streaming will be running all 24 hours, so Your "off time" can be checked.
  • 2nd RR will opened when more than 22 has signed up - fastest in RR1
I'm not sure everything is possible, but I'll check that. Your thoughts please!
Sounds awesome!! I know gaz and I would be well up for this.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Short Race Report,

Feature Race: Tried to 1 stop, failed

Sprint Race: Tried to no stop, failed.

I would say I had a good race, but i didn't race anyone at any point as I was driving around on a different strategy and just letting people past to avoid ruining my long stints so can't say that went well apart from being fairly consistent and not making any mistakes except one in the feature, fuel saving lost me 1 to 2s a lap relative to were the pace was, but not getting the net gain from pitting less than everyone else was cancelled out by the fact I had to pit the same amount as the fuel wasn't enough and I'd sacrifice running at a slower pace. And the final stint in the feature was like trying to do a 1 stop as I got short fueled in the middle stint by the game, so that made the final stint into a bigger disaster having to run in mode 4 & 6 to make the finish line without another pitstop despite fueling a full tank.

Thought i'd try something different but didn't really have a knowledge if it would of worked so I guess now we know it doesn't at this track. (n) Probably do the same as everyone else next time out, bit of a shame we can't have more variety in the strategy really. :sleep:

Last edited:
Reactions: TubbyPhantom

TubbyPhantom

Formula 4 2nd Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Short Race Report,

Feature Race: Tried to 1 stop, failed

Sprint Race: Tried to no stop, failed.

I would say I had a good race, but i didn't race anyone at any point as I was driving around on a different strategy and just letting people past to avoid ruining my long stints so can't say that went well apart from being fairly consistent and not making any mistakes, fuel saving lost me 1 to 2s a lap relative to were the pace was, but not getting the net gain from pitting less than everyone else was cancelled out by the fact I had to pit the same amount as the fuel wasn't enough and I'd sacrifice running at a slower pace.

Thought i'd try something different but didn't really have a knowledge if it would of worked so I guess now we know it doesn't at this track. (n) Probably do the same as everyone else next time out, bit of a shame we can't have more variety in the strategy really. :sleep:
Yeah, we could definitely do with more room for strategy calls and to make a difference. To be fair I would be happy to drop the sprint race and just go for an hr long race and more scope for different calls with all 4 tyre compounds available.

VLX_Dennis

Junior Karter
May 4, 2019
guys, I'll be honest, Thursday I'll have a very important championship race on gtsport, it's a race for a qualification to a final event, unfortunately it's just on a Thursday and I'm sorry but I won't be able to run from you, I'm so sorry, sorry

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
guys, I'll be honest, Thursday I'll have a very important championship race on gtsport, it's a race for a qualification to a final event, unfortunately it's just on a Thursday and I'm sorry but I won't be able to run from you, I'm so sorry, sorry
We’re always sad to hear, that anything is more important than Racing with us. But We hear You and will, hard as it is, try to understand. GL mate

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Getting A New Wheel:

After the last few rounds I've realised that after 3 years of abuse my Logitech G29 wheel probably could do with replacing, the pedals have gone pretty dodgy in recent months and keep on doing things like the brake not working fully without having to stamp your foot as hard as you can and the throttle & brake flickering on randomly........So the question is to all of you who would like to be helpful, do I replace it with a new G29 which is about £189, I paid about 3 years ago £130 from Currys for my G29, pretty shocking that the prices of them are so much higher (£189 on offer), I guess "Esports" has made it a bit of a cash cow for Logitech.

The other options are Thrustmaster and potentially a Fanatech, never having owned either does anyone else have any ideas what there like. I assume Fanatech is probably a grade above Logitech and Thrustmaster in quality terms, but also the cost is to.

• Sad
Reactions: Delaney

VLX_Maverick

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 29, 2019
Getting A New Wheel:

After the last few rounds I've realised that after 3 years of abuse my Logitech G29 wheel probably could do with replacing, the pedals have gone pretty dodgy in recent months and keep on doing things like the brake not working fully without having to stamp your foot as hard as you can and the throttle & brake flickering on randomly........So the question is to all of you who would like to be helpful, do I replace it with a new G29 which is about £189, I paid about 3 years ago £130 from Currys for my G29, pretty shocking that the prices of them are so much higher (£189 on offer), I guess "Esports" has made it a bit of a cash cow for Logitech.

The other options are Thrustmaster and potentially a Fanatech, never having owned either does anyone else have any ideas what there like. I assume Fanatech is probably a grade above Logitech and Thrustmaster in quality terms, but also the cost is to.
Dude. Watch for specials

Attachments

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I've set up a new pole regarding changes to next Super Formula season

You can see it here