PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 6 - SUPER FORMULA - MAY 23rd. KYOTO COMBINED - Yamagiwa+Myiabi | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 6 - SUPER FORMULA - MAY 23rd. KYOTO COMBINED - Yamagiwa+Myiabi

VLX_Maverick

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 29, 2019
Tonight I'll as usual be on from 7-ish to around 9 pm.

I'm not nearly good enought at this but smooth driving, no "over turning" the wheel, try to be off gas pedal turning in to get a good rotation, will make it easier to be early on the gas out of the turn, oh yeah and a lot of practise to get that special GT feeling under Your skin.

What do You say @VLX_Maverick? Any special tricks that You VLX guy's wanna share?
Hey guys!

Tyre wear in the SF cars can be an absolute beast. I personally have not been good at it in any way shape or form .

But about some tips, the SF cars have tonnes of downforce. The most obviously things you can do are the following:
-not going full throttle during high speed corners and scrubbing the tyres even if speed and grip is there.
-be careful into heavy braking zones, I try ease off the brake to not put too much load in the fronts.
-SF cars, run brake bias at +5
-GTSport really favors smooth driving and not biting at the wheel or oversteering.

My personal opinion is the tyre wear is a little high. This track is a really long lap with lots of fast corners so it really eats away at your tyres.

VLX_Maverick

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am unfortunately on business traveling this week and don’t have my PS4 or wheel with me so I can’t make this race.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am unfortunately on business traveling this week and don’t have my PS4 or wheel with me so I can’t make this race.
Thanks for the heads up mate. Have a nice travel and see You next week

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Doing it again: Tonight I'll as usual be on from 7-ish to around 9 pm.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I needed to prepare more for this as I don't like this track much.

F:8

Ran out of time before I started my final lap which put me 7th.

Launch was the best I have had all season but on this track didn't do much.

Got caught up in too many battles, made too many mistakes and 8th was the result, 6th was on the cards had I not been sent into the 19th century.

S:4

Forgot to fuel at the pit stop which resulted in being passed by all the VLX guys so best result I could get given the circumstances

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings has been updated BUT BEWARE!!! The Standings are only temporary til all Steward enquiries has been closed.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Unfortunately due to technical problems, it was not possible to produce the commentated stream this week. @A.O.R Evildragon should be back next week.

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015

Battling hard with @TubbyPhantom for P1 lap 2 Sprint Race (y)(y)(y)

Qually?
Think it was 9th;) but returned to pit again :sleep: So started last :( couldn't get my lap down - So was hugely dissapointing. Where can you see Qually results after we finished the session? . No Times show up.
Can Anyone care to share the Fuel Burning Glitch CHEAT. ?? which I only found out about last night(n) . Look I find this very unsporting and should be banned , but believe it cant be Policed. Any other CHEAT GLITCHES I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT. ??:mad: I signed up for Fair & competitive racing . This is clearly not fair , and certainly NOT competitive. (n)

Feature Race.

I gained a few positions opening lap, but soon dropped off the pace , I was on a 3 stopper. To say im struggling with Tyre wear , is an understatement. And soon found myself in last pos. Lost all motivation for Race 1 after learning about the Fuel Burning Cheat !! But either way I Can't seem to do anything with preserving that Front right. I only have the pace for a lap or so . Then the car becomes lazy and unresponsive & very slow. Soul destroying for a racer like me. :confused::cry: Think ive totally gave up on the Tyre Management . Extensive Training and many miles , but no matter what I do to try and maintain Race Pace & consistency, I only have the True performance of the Car for 1 lap or so. Is this another Glitch - CHEAT??? I dont know about.:p Didn't see a single car after lap 3 . A very lonely race, and slowed for a 2min 40 sec lap , for the timer to run out . :(so I didn't have to do another lap.:cry: P12 (LAST)

Sprint Race .

Got off to a good start and maintained P1 for the opening lap. :oops: felt good to be racing again. I knew I had only the pace for 2 laps and would of got swallowed up by end of lap 2. It didn't happen, but had some great racing with @TubbyPhantom . It was wheel to wheel and felt alive again, with the race adrenaline kicking in. :)(y) It was all going to be very short lived though as a 3 car sandwich with multiple hits (crazy racing) , behind me . I got T boned at the first crossover hairpin . Looking back at the replay , I didnt stand a chance and was just a passenger and was stunned to be heading for the barrier. @VLX_Pinkarey had the deciding hit on me, but he had multiple hits, (NON CONTACT SPORT) with more than forceful overtaking attempts. So if I do decide to act on Stewards action, 3 drivers will be affected , as I can't put any blame on the guy who took me out , as you were bumped into, and was hit that many times, which acceleread you into my side right rear;). Checked the replay ! Just calm the Frack down - jeeze guys!
RETIRED LAP 2 - Confused & Lost all heart to continue to race . Which i was never going to close any gap after the incident , with having no pace on already struggling tyres. Just dreading the Next Race, and will have to dig deep for some motivation to be competitive for my 1-2 competitive race laps or so. GUTTED! :(

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
A short Race Report

Q2 I really thought that I had it, couldn't have gone faster anyway (turns out I could, but that was with the overtake butten in most of the lap).

FR 4th Really disappointed with this. I had the pace which I showed in the first 3/4 of the race, then I made one (1) stupid mistake, which took away more than 14 sec ( I went from being 4.335 down on @LukeEtheridge95 to being 18.936 sec down. I then did my best to save what what could be saved. I gained 7.770 second on Luke again and nearly caught @BL99DY-NINE in the process. I didn't because I made an other (little) mistake that cost me a couple of seconds and a podium (maybe).

SR 4th Awfull race. I got away ok and caught up to @leedamastr quite nicely, but @BL99DY-NINE and apparently another divebombed me, as I was trying to not ruin Lee's entrace to the transition turn. That send me off track and into the Armco and down in last place. I then managed to catch up again, but forgot my breaking point into the last hairpin and again I lost a tonn of time. To make it absolutely certain, that I couldn't get a podium, I of cause did it again some laps later. As the race panned out, I was actually happy to make it into 4th place at the end. I felt faster in the Sprint Race too and was generally catching up, but it wasn't meant to be.

Next up is Monza, a track that I normally do quite well on, so let's see. I think that tires are going to be an issue again and fuel of cause, because it's a power track. So practise is crucial.

VLX_Maverick

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 29, 2019
View attachment 80956

Qually?
Think it was 9th;) but returned to pit again :sleep: So started last :( couldn't get my lap down - So was hugely dissapointing. Where can you see Qually results after we finished the session? . No Times show up.
Can Anyone care to share the Fuel Burning Glitch CHEAT. ?? which I only found out about last night(n) . Look I find this very unsporting and should be banned , but believe it cant be Policed. Any other CHEAT GLITCHES I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT. ??:mad: I signed up for Fair & competitive racing . This is clearly not fair , and certainly NOT competitive. (n)

Feature Race.

I gained a few positions opening lap, but soon dropped off the pace , I was on a 3 stopper. To say im struggling with Tyre wear , is an understatement. And soon found myself in last pos. Lost all motivation for Race 1 after learning about the Fuel Burning Cheat !! But either way I Can't seem to do anything with preserving that Front right. I only have the pace for a lap or so . Then the car becomes lazy and unresponsive & very slow. Soul destroying for a racer like me. :confused::cry: Think ive totally gave up on the Tyre Management . Extensive Training and many miles , but no matter what I do to try and maintain Race Pace & consistency, I only have the True performance of the Car for 1 lap or so. Is this another Glitch - CHEAT??? I dont know about.:p Didn't see a single car after lap 3 . A very lonely race, and slowed for a 2min 40 sec lap , for the timer to run out . :(so I didn't have to do another lap.:cry: P12 (LAST)

Sprint Race .

Got off to a good start and maintained P1 for the opening lap. :oops: felt good to be racing again. I knew I had only the pace for 2 laps and would of got swallowed up by end of lap 2. It didn't happen, but had some great racing with @TubbyPhantom . It was wheel to wheel and felt alive again, with the race adrenaline kicking in. :)(y) It was all going to be very short lived though as a 3 car sandwich with multiple hits (crazy racing) , behind me . I got T boned at the first crossover hairpin . Looking back at the replay , I didnt stand a chance and was just a passenger and was stunned to be heading for the barrier. @VLX_Pinkarey had the deciding hit on me, but he had multiple hits, (NON CONTACT SPORT) with more than forceful overtaking attempts. So if I do decide to act on Stewards action, 3 drivers will be affected , as I can't put any blame on the guy who took me out , as you were bumped into, and was hit that many times, which acceleread you into my side right rear;). Checked the replay ! Just calm the Frack down - jeeze guys!
RETIRED LAP 2 - Confused & Lost all heart to continue to race . Which i was never going to close any gap after the incident , with having no pace on already struggling tyres. Just dreading the Next Race, and will have to dig deep for some motivation to be competitive for my 1-2 competitive race laps or so. GUTTED! :(
Hey dude,

Whats the fuel burning glitch you are referring to?

The tyres can be a real pain and some can definitely manage them alot better than others. I am one of the worse ones at it.

Sorry to hear you had such an unfortunate experience in the race. I am in agreement that it should be clean fair and competitive racing. Unsportsmanlike conduct in this regard should be punished. So please report the incidents so they may be investigated and we can prevent this happening again in future.

VLX_Maverick

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 29, 2019
View attachment 80956

Qually?

Feature Race.

Sprint Race .

Never-mind I think the fuel burn problem you are referring to is increasing your fuel consumption during you out lap to lighten fuel load and therefore total weight of car.

I wouldn't classify this as a glitch or cheat. This is only possible due to the high fuel consumption multiplier and the power to weight ratio of SF cars. So your fuel consumption is higher at high RPM in a low gear similar to that of a normal everyday car.

This happens a lot in FIA events, and the community has raised this concern as more time is spent on preparation than actual qualify. Unfortunately we cannot prevent this outright. But we can reduce its effectiveness in one of the three ways:
1. Turn off fuel consumption for qualifying
2. Reduce fuel consumption rate such that burning fuel does not have such a great effect on car weight for it to be viable
3. Allow competitors to select a starting fuel load (not possible in current game format)

In summary its not ideal to do it, however the weight of the fuel makes a substantial difference to the capability of an SF car around a lap, its less so in higher categories but still effective as a car with 40% fuel will be easier to man handle than a car with say 80% fuel, but we are kind of forced to if we use the current settings. However I would not classify it as a glitch, exploit or cheat.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
this isn't so much a glitch, and I haven't been on board with anyone to see them doing it, but I have noticed some people driving very slowly on out laps at the start with full fuel. Can't say it's actually cheating, but for me, if anyone is actually doing it then it kind of goes against the real life principles. If they did it in real life it would be a reprimand at least.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Never-mind I think the fuel burn problem you are referring to is increasing your fuel consumption during you out lap to lighten fuel load and therefore total weight of car.

I wouldn't classify this as a glitch or cheat. This is only possible due to the high fuel consumption multiplier and the power to weight ratio of SF cars. So your fuel consumption is higher at high RPM in a low gear similar to that of a normal everyday car.

This happens a lot in FIA events, and the community has raised this concern as more time is spent on preparation than actual qualify. Unfortunately we cannot prevent this outright. But we can reduce its effectiveness in one of the three ways:
1. Turn off fuel consumption for qualifying
2. Reduce fuel consumption rate such that burning fuel does not have such a great effect on car weight for it to be viable
3. Allow competitors to select a starting fuel load (not possible in current game format)

In summary its not ideal to do it, however the weight of the fuel makes a substantial difference to the capability of an SF car around a lap, its less so in higher categories but still effective as a car with 40% fuel will be easier to man handle than a car with say 80% fuel, but we are kind of forced to if we use the current settings. However I would not classify it as a glitch, exploit or cheat.
Just noticed your post, I agree that the fuel limit could be set to open.

VLX_Pinkarey

Semi-Pro Karter
May 4, 2019
Sprint Race .
I take full responsibility for knocking you off of the track however it's interesting that you say that you and me both got hit multiple times. I was missing both SolidNinjaSnake and Cpt JJ from my race, I couldn't see either of them during either race and only realised they were in the race because I checked out SteveGaming's stream after the race and saw that I finished P5 and not P4 on my screen. For the start of the sprint race I was confused because it said I was starting P3 but there was a much bigger gap to P2 than there was behind me to P4. As for the incident between us it all looked clean until that corner in question where I ran into the back of yo, I didn't go for a silly move, I just hit the loud pedal a bit too hard for the gap between us and tapped you wide, however I don't think I hit you hard enough to knock you wide so was surprised you did so, it wouldn't surprise me if there was another car involved in there somewhere that I couldn't see, I see from your picture that Snake is back in P4 now and I'm in P3, however to each of us the other wasn't in the race and we were only visible to the others that could see all competitors. It would be interesting to see from your angle what actually happened there because this stuff about me being hit and you being hit before that is all foreign to the view I had, it all looked clean from my side until I ran into the back of you and knocked you off of the track. I was going to wait but there was cars everywhere behind me and there was no where I could wait without blocking them all, then you spun and I figured that wasn't my fault that you spun so I could continue anyway.

VLX_Maverick

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 29, 2019
this isn't so much a glitch, and I haven't been on board with anyone to see them doing it, but I have noticed some people driving very slowly on out laps at the start with full fuel. Can't say it's actually cheating, but for me, if anyone is actually doing it then it kind of goes against the real life principles. If they did it in real life it would be a reprimand at least.
Yeah it goes against real life principals I agree. But it goes against real life principles as the fuel consumption rate is effectively set to x8 or whatever, so as the fuel consumption is so exaggerated, you have to do it. if the fuel burn rate was this high in real life the same thing would happen. This is why even in official FIA events the same thing happens, and its not considered a cheat but rather just something annoying because of the settings we are forced to use. We would all prefer for fuel not to be an issue and to drive around slow on an out lap. So we have asked polyphony to change this in official FIA events too.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Yeah it goes against real life principals I agree. But it goes against real life principles as the fuel consumption rate is effectively set to x8 or whatever, so as the fuel consumption is so exaggerated, you have to do it. if the fuel burn rate was this high in real life the same thing would happen. This is why even in official FIA events the same thing happens, and its not considered a cheat but rather just something annoying because of the settings we are forced to use. We would all prefer for fuel not to be an issue and to drive around slow on an out lap. So we have asked polyphony to change this in official FIA events too.
I just refuse to do it out of principle, no pole position for me anytime soon!,

VLX_NovA

F1 Sponsored Driver
Apr 24, 2016
Driving slowly on the outlap doesn't nessecarily mean people are fuel burning, with 11x tyre wear if you hammer round for 2 laps your tyres will have done the equivalent of 22 laps, so taking it easy on the outlap will make sure your tyres are in optimum condition for the majority of the flying lap

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hey dude,

Whats the fuel burning glitch you are referring to?

The tyres can be a real pain and some can definitely manage them alot better than others. I am one of the worse ones at it.

Sorry to hear you had such an unfortunate experience in the race. I am in agreement that it should be clean fair and competitive racing. Unsportsmanlike conduct in this regard should be punished. So please report the incidents so they may be investigated and we can prevent this happening again in future.
Hey thanks (y) Yeah it was messy at best . I will be putting an enquiry in for sure. I really dont want this kind of racing for the rest of my already broken champs. ;)(y) :LOL: