PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 8 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Round 4 Mount Panorama 17/10-2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 8 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Round 4 Mount Panorama 17/10-2019

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion |Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery

Event Information

• Date: October 17th, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RH/RM for FR and RS/RSS for SR
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 19 laps - In-game ‘Grid Start w/ False Start Check’ procedure
    • Sprint Race: 10 laps In game rolling start, with reverse grid from result of First Race
●Track Map

● Weather Conditions:
Fine weather

● In-game time-of-day:
Morning 12:00

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Drivers List:

1. @Delaney; PSN: RoninGT_Delaney; Danish EU Citizen; TBA (fast enough)
    2. @Jackiid15; PSN: GKRT_Pinkiiboii; Scottish; 25ms
    3. @BL99DY-NINE; PSN: BL99DY-NINE; American, 115ms
    4. @mikesum77; PSN: OBH_Mikesum77; Hungarian; 50ms
    5. @TubbyPhantom; PSN: RGD_WRAITH; British; 12ms
    6. @Gareth Kirk; PSN: RGD_Gazmania; British; 12ms
    7. @Ashracer2011; PSN: AshRacer2011; British; TBA (fast enough)
    8. @Hasnain; PSN: Hasnain282; British; 9ms
    9. @Wobbuffet; PSN: Ragna_Kagari; English; 14ms
    10. @jutngo; PSN: Jutngo; British; 28ms
    11. @mrstim96; PSN: MrSt1m96, Latvian, 27ms

Informed No Show:

Uninformed No Show:

Resigned:

Results
Qualifying
GTSL8_Q_RD4.jpg

Feature
GTSL8_S_RD4.jpg

Sprint
GTSL8_F_RD4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
How's everyone doing round here? I'm struggling a bit with The Cutting and the Esses. First corner is more or less ok, there is still time there, but I need to be careful as the corner is Sooo important for the speed on the Mountain Straight. Quarry Bend is sort of same, but luckily it's not quite that important. If You get it wrong, Your screwed though. Apart from The cutting on cold tires on first lap, I'm more or less ok all the way up hill to The Skyline. Down is much more challenging, especially the first part down through The Esses and The Dipper, You really need to get right or loose a LOT of time. Forrest's Elbow is also tricky - do brake in time! - and it's extremely important because of that long Conrod Straight that come after it. Then We come to The Chase, where that very heavy breaking is extremely important to get right, but at least there is a LOT of run of space there, where You can also loose a lot of time. Murray's Corner is not that tricky, but the pit entrance is very twisty and tricky. There is not a lot of places good for overtaking, but end of straights are always (nearly) good. I have seen overtake's in real life done at Quarry Bend, Cutting, Skyline and even at Forrest's Elbow, but those are really tricky and need a very couple of hands and some luck to pull that off.

I'm setting up a room tonight at 7 pm UK time, if some of You need a slight bit of practise.

jutngo

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Had a good wee session there with Delaney. This place isn't forgiving at all but managed to get a couple of successful laps in! My car feels like a wild animal on this track for some reason but I know how to keep it in check now. Mostly.
Might get on for a bit more tomorrow evening.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
I had a little go just to see how the car felt and it went OK. Plenty to improve on but I'm generally happy with how the car feels and I'm not making many mistakes, but it is definitely an easy track to lose alot of time on if you are slightly late on the brakes. Going to do some driving over the next couple of mornings and see if I can get my speed upto scratch.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings are up

Race report
Q2 / FR5 / SR5

Q) With such a long track and only 10 min for quali, it was always going to be a bit tricky, to get that good lap in. But I got it. That it wasn't as good or better as @Hasnain's, I has sort of seen coming. I knew I had the pace, as I've been on top of the screen all week, but I didn't know the pace of Hasnain and Wobbie (@Wobbuffet / Ragna_Kagari), but Hasnain showed right before the quali started, that he was up there. So pretty chuffed that I was able to pull that P2 out of the box, when it mattered.

FR) Start of the Feature Race was really good for me. I got of the line pretty good and was able to challenge Hasnain already in Hell's Corner. We both got a little bit of air behind us going down the Mountain Straight and through the Quarry Bend I could again challenge Hasnain. This time I pulled it off. Only problem was that I was on the outside which meant that I was on the inside for the first part of The Cutting, which meant that was a slight bit out of my comfort zone coming up the real Cutting corner. I had a small slide there and Hasnain got past me again. But I was very close behind up the mountain and when We got to Sulman Park, Hasnain had a little moment and went into the kitty litter, which let me and @jutngo past. Over the next 4 1/2 laps I was trying to calm a bit down and find my mojo. I pulled a lead of a little over 2 sec's on and as I knew that a three stop was fastest, I pitted at the end of lap 5. Stupid! I forgot that with a bit of fueling it would send me down in the traffic. I came out right behind Rick (@TubbyPhantom / RGD_WRAITH), who was on a completely different team strategy. He was out to slow the field down to allow Gaz (@Gareth Kirk / RGD_Gazmania) to climb up the order. I tried my very best to get past him for some laps, while Ragna_Kagari caught up to us. I then had to battle with Ragna keep my place, but I lost. We then kept it going till Tubby had an off in the Chase and came back right in front of Wobbie, taking him and himself of in the process. That was my moment. At lap 11 I pitted again, but fumbled a bit in my wish to do well and pressed no to fuel. So I came out with fuel for just 2,7 laps. So two laps later I of cause had to pit again. When I came out, I did not do my best laps and couldn't catch up to Jutngo and had to settle for 5th.

SR) Out of 9 5 is right in the middle. As I ended 5th, I'm to start 5th. I was released for start right after the last corner, which meant that I didn't get the best run up to Hell's Corner, so Jutngo was able to get a run on me and pull it off. Coming up though the Parks, @BL99DY-NINE apparently had had an incident with @mikesum77 and Jutngo, I, Gaz and Ragna slipped past into P3/4/5/6. That meant, that when We got to Murray's Corner at the end of lap 1, @Jackiid15 (Pinkiiboii) in second was leading a whole bunch of us. Jutngo managed to get past Pinkkii, but alas I lost a place to Gaz in the process, but managed to get it back in Hell's Corner. Then Ragna got a good run on Gaz and me down the Mountain Straight and dived in on us in the Quarry Bend, but he caught a slower Pinkkii and ended up on the grass and Gaz got past me and the both of us got past Ragna. We both closed the gap to Pinkkii at the Skyline and I had a really good run on Gaz as he made a small mistake in the esses and got past. BUT when I looked back I saw chaos and both Hasnain and BL99DY had gotten past Gaz. So I assumed, that I had caused the chaos and decided to wait for Gaz to catch up to me. This didn't happen till Pinkkkiii had reached Murray's and We had lost A LOT of time. I was now in P8 only in front of Mike. I was going to be tough from there. But good pace on the Slippers (RSS) and some mistake's from other drivers meant that I could slowly get a few places back.

All in all a fantastic, awful, frustrating, amazing and just a race as usual here.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Might as well do a race report, wasn't going to bother seeing as so few actually do it, but I do think it's a good idea for everyone to share!
Qualy was awful! Think I was 4th if I remember right? Car felt terrible with no fuel in. Very slippery and also understeer city. I had done faster laps with a full tank of fuel.
Fr: nowheresville:
Got my best start in these cars but still wasn't as good as those around me! I really need to work on them. Unfortunately punted off at the first corner and way down on the leaders, these things happen and I wasn't too annoyed, I knew I had good pace and was kind to my tyres at the same time, so gaz and I used each others slipstream to gain time back, I was always going to do a one stop and gaz (@Gareth) was undecided as to what strategy to go for 1/2 stop. It wasn't until it became clear that @Delaney and @Wobbuffet pitted and came out behind me that I knew I could sacrifice my feature race for the good of the team, and decided I would slow down and give gaz some room to get away and give him the best chance of a top result. Things were going well until I made a slight mistake and touched the dirt in the braking zone for the final chicane, so I went off and when I came back on track I made a monumental cock up and mistook where @Wobbuffet was on track and I went across the track to get out of his way, but unfortunately not only did I take myself off track I also took him off with me, and for that I'm sorry and I fully understand any stewards enquiry that comes my way. My race got even worse as I lost heart in what I was doing and was just ticking the laps away at a steady pace until I came to lap pinkii (@Jackiid15) it was in the mountain section with a handful of laps to go and I got a 1.5 second penalty which I was trying to serve, and I saw pinkii have a bit of a wall moment and I reacted and ended up spinning! @BL99DY-NINE came past me and was about 12 seconds up the road and I could see I had a huge gap behind me, so thought I would salvage something so went in the pits and got fastest lap of the race.
Sr 1st.
Not the kind of race win I wanted but with a rolling start I knew I was going to make the first corners unscathed. I pushed down to turn 2 and managed to get straight into 2nd and had a good run on pinkii and was 1 St by turn 3. I was on a no stop strategy and wanted to stay smooth and consistent to save my tyres, I saw that @Jackiid15 was being a good team player in our sister team and was holding up the others (thanks mate) :) so built up a nice gap. I saw eventually jutngo got past and started closing down my lead ever so slightly and I wasn't sure if he was no stopping as well. I kept an eye on what was happening and thought to myself that he is pushing to try and catch me and he would use his tyres up thus giving me better tyres on the last few laps, but I saw him go in the pits and come out around 12/13 seconds behind and I knew that there wasn't enough laptime in the tyres for him to catch me quickly enough even with me driving constantly smooth laps. I took it very easy on the last couple of laps in particular as I know how easy it is to throw it down the road on this track. Well done to all podium drivers and once again I'm sorry to @Wobbuffet for my poor decision making. So all in all a night with a low and a high so mixed feelings really, as I always prefer to do well in the feature races, but my starts are severely hampering me and putting me in positions where I could be in danger.

Jackiid15

GP2 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Race report tiiiiiiiiiime :D

AOR GT: SPORT LEAGUE S8: ROUND 4 MOUNT PANORAMA (BATHURST)

Quali: Last; Tough track, lots of fun when you get it right, something I really didn't do but was happy just so set a time (was orginally debating just sitting out of quali) But that would be a boring 10 minutes streaming xD

FR: Last->Last; Lots of mistakes could have done better. 'nuff said

SR: 1st->Last; Got a decent start from pole, (Fun fact: I have had the most poles in the last 4 seasons, it's just unfortunate they are all in the sprint and therefore don't count :ROFLMAO:) started making a gap to @mikesum77 after Hell Corner only to suddenly have my good buddy @TubbyPhantom from my sister team alongside me coming into The Cutting. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! I need to keep this lead but I don't wanna crash. I lost the game of chicken and had to let him by and slot in behind, soon I had @jutngo all over my rear wing. c'mon Pinkii you can do this! Managed to hold my own for a bit but he inevitably got past but not before I let my buddy @TubbyPhantom stretch his legs (least I could do mate). There must of been some chaos behind me because it took longer than I expected for @Hasnain to be filling up my mirrors. Please @Hasnain just let me have this one, I really need this. Actually manged to defend what I think was really well against @Hasnain for longer than I expected and slotted in behind before The Cutting with @Wobbuffet behind Why are all the fast guys picking on me tonight!?!?!?!?!?!? After the two championship contenders passed me I tried to pick up my pace and show that I can have a good race, then two laps in a row I lost it at The Chase, first time nearly taking @Gareth Kirk with me I understeered through the kink and had a wheel on the grass when I threw the brakes on. welcome to gravel city. Next lap, the same again battling @mikesum77 after that I was too far behind and left to lament what was a poor race that started off with many positives. small gains.

Overall: As always room for improvement but I enjoyed the battling while it lasted.
Congratulations to all, especcially the winners and podium finishers, well deserved.
Although I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY wanted that podium XD

jutngo

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Well that went a lot better than expected! My pace on the night was an improvement on any previous practice session and that continued in qualifying. My quali lap was actually quicker than any lap I'd done before.

Feature race start was great. I've since noticed on the replay that my Bl99dy team mate got a similar great launch but couldn't get the room to use it. I had more luck and a wee jutngo shaped gap lit up in front of me! It seemed like tonight was the time to use any pace to make my way up the field rather than play the cautious game and watch my mirrors for chances to let people by. At this point my plan was to then put in some quick laps, stay out of trouble and keep ahead of Delaney.
My lap times seemed quick enough to keep me safe and the only worry I had was wobbuffet when he popped out of the pits just in front of me a few laps from the finish. I was well happy with 4th place so had no desire to battle for 3rd with a risk of Delaney closing in on me. With wobbly looking unhappy on cold tyres and Delaney now closing in I had to try a couple of reluctant around the outside moves but he soon got the message and disappeared a couple of seconds up the road and everyone was happy. Well, I certainly was.

Sprint race. Not sure about the Delaney start delay but I was haded the control on the straight just before the start line and managed to be along side with nose in front before the braking point of T1. Then there was a small incident with Bl99dy and Mike on the way up the hill. As Bl99dy had eased off and with Delaney totally breathing down my neck l had to keep the momentum and go past. Mike had a couple of moments over the hill then a big one in front of me on the way down. Then there was Jack, but lining up a nice move is difficult when there's a swarm of angry German wasps chasing you. Just about managed to keep everyone in line behind me and get along side at turn 1. Got a nice enough exit to pull a gap. Phew!
I pitted on lap 5 and popped out just in front of Hasnain. I know he's a lot quicker than me so I was watching for him making his move but he seemed to hang back then dropped further behind before (I'm guessing) missing a braking point on T1. I think I remember a similar point in race 1 where Hasnain was happy to follow behind me rather than go around, even though he obviously has the pace. I hope he isn't scared of me punting him off!! If I know someone is quicker then I'd rather let them past and try to learn something following them than to lose time trying to keep them behind.
And no Delaney, I don't KNOW you're quicker than me!! You'll have to go around the hard way!!!

Anyway. Had a great night as always, regardless of the results. But a 4 and a 2 is special. :)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I just had a good thorough look, at that incident I had with Gaz on lap 2 in the Esses. I shouldn’t have waited. I was actually along side him before We had contact. Gaz left the barn door open, not expecting anybody would try anything there. In my book it was Gaz who caused the subsequent collisions. But I did let him back past, so there is no incident between him and me. I am just trying to learn from it

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'll do my race report later today/tonight, anyway after coming upon this in the sprint race:

And being faced with something like this almost at the start of every sprint race this season, I was looking for best metaphor to describe this 'regular occurrence' and I think I found it:

That pretty much sums up what I'm thinking at times like these, don't get me wrong the sprint races are fun and I enjoy the battles but when your stuck towards the back of a high speed moving traffic jam with nowhere to go, I'd at least like to have the option to beep my car horn to jokingly vent some of my frustration in the process.:LOL:

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
I'll do my race report later today/tonight, anyway after coming upon this in the sprint race:

View attachment 96787

And being faced with something like this almost at the start of every sprint race this season, I was looking for best metaphor to describe this 'regular occurrence' and I think I found it:

That pretty much sums up what I'm thinking at times like these, don't get me wrong the sprint races are fun and I enjoy the battles but when your stuck towards the back of a high speed moving traffic jam with nowhere to go, I'd at least like to have the option to beep my car horn to jokingly vent some of my frustration in the process.:LOL:
I used to love watching Harry Enfield! Old gits were so good!

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
I just had a good thorough look, at that incident I had with Gaz on lap 2 in the Esses. I shouldn’t have waited. I was actually along side him before We had contact. Gaz left the barn door open, not expecting anybody would try anything there. In my book it was Gaz who caused the subsequent collisions. But I did let him back past, so there is no incident between him and me. I am just trying to learn from it
Problem is, we can see clearly on a replay, but in the moment we can never be sure. It's happened to me before and I waited when I didn't need to, but I think as clean racers we don't want to risk being labelled as dirty, so we make a judgement call at the time and ruin a chance of a good result. I think all we can do is if there is a 50/50 chance that we cause the incident we have to just roll the dice and carry on. If it's clear in the stewards enquiry that we were to blame then we have to take it on the chin. Too easy to ruin our own races when we're anything less than certain that we're to blame.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I used to love watching Harry Enfield! Old gits were so good!
Lets see if I can retell that vid with 2 more sprint race photos:

Come on (*beep), come on (*beep), where's the bloody funeral:

Now I don't believe this, who put these here!:

Come on MOVE! Move, move, move...(*bangs fist on car horn repeatedly)
:p

Reactions: TubbyPhantom

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Anyway a late race report.

Qualy - 7th: I wasn't sure how I would get on and it very quickly became clear I wasn't going to be able to get a good qualy result, ended up 7th just behind Bl99dy though I did leave half a second, but even if I had gone half a second quicker, as the gap between 5th & 6th was incredibly 1 second it meant I could have only qualified 6th at best anyway, but in the end 7th actually worked out for me at the start.

Feature - 3rd: I hoped I could still be a factor and I had a great start, but because the RGD guys had poor starts and combined with a good start for Jutngo it meant we ended up moreorless 4 wide heading into T1, I was on the inside and it seemed like it was going to work but then exiting the corner something happened to the RGD guys.

Either way it meant I was upto 4th and I could set my sight on the leaders however it become clear the pace wasn't there, I more or less held station until I stopped, I came out in 6th and not to long after that Delaney pitted coming out just ahead of me, over the next couple laps I eventually caught up to Tubby who was battling Delaney but then he got it slightly wrong on one of the corners going up the mountain, which allowed me by.

I was getting close to Tubby later that lap but then got bumped off by Delaney at the chase corner, he waited while I recovered, a lap later at the same corner Tubby ahead went wide and unfortunately came back on the racing line as I was exiting the corner, I had to go off track to try avoid him but still bumped him slightly, Tubby did slowdown immediately afterwards to let me by (which I appreciated) but with dirty tyres I decided to pit.

Came back out in 6th and the next lap the RGD guys pitted which promoted me to 4th, I started to catch Jutngo & Delaney ahead but then something happened between them I guessing at the chase, and I passed both of them to move upto 2nd, I then made my final stop and came out in 3rd just ahead of Jutngo.

It took me a lap or 2 to get up to speed for some reason and I had to fend him off which I did and I eventually started to pull a bit of a gap, Gareth in 2nd was out of range I felt and the remaining laps were pretty quiet, though on the final lap I somehow picked up a 2sec going down the mountain, with 3 secs to Jutngo behind I had to push a bit harder then I want for the last bit of the lap as I decided to finish with the pen, in the end I did enough to keep 3rd after the 2 seconds was applied.

Sprint - 4th: Had a very mixed opening lap, losing a place early on but somehow ending up in 6th at the end of it. But then all hell broke loose lap 2 after a bit of bit of battling on the way up the mountain, but at the top on the way down Gareth went wide into the wall I thought I could get by but then, his car ploughed into mine and pincered me into the wall, then Bl99dy got collected as well, just a right mess _ with Hasnain driving through it all trouble free.

In the aftermath and recovering I passed a waiting Delaney and somehow found myself up a position in 5th after all that, I then caught upto Hasnain battling Jack, once Hasnain got by I had a proper decent battle with Jack for many corners but I eventually found a way past him.

I had Bl99dy on my tail as I made my pitstop, and I had a decent outlap and did just enough to stay ahead of him when he pitted, in the remaining laps not much happened and I ended up finishing 4th.

Looking back on the night, I think my main gripe has to be the lack of luck I had as being on the receiving end of 3 incidents that were basically the case of wrong place wrong time, also it was pretty clear my car wasn't handling as well as others in the mountain section, and pace wise it was around a 5th/6th place car, so to end up getting a 3rd and 4th was actually two good result considering everything, but without those incidents I mentioned I could've ended up with a 2nd & a 3rd.

Oh well, anyway congrats to Hasnain on his win & podium, Tubby on his win and well done to Gareth & Jutngo on there podiums.

Jackiid15

GP2 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I then caught upto Hasnain battling Jack, once Hasnain got by I had a proper decent battle with Jack for many corners but I eventually found a way past him.
The sprint race was definitely my best effort all season, I thoroughly enjoyed the battles with the fast guys as I actually managed to defend a while :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Delaney

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Was good to be on pole for this one but you don't want to see my optimal. Lost out to Delaney at the cutting before getting him back but then hitting the inside wall at McPhillamy Park and going off. Luckily it only dropped me to 3rd even though it was only lap 1. Went long on the first stint for a 1 stop as I wasn't expecting to make too many overtakes despite the 2 long straights. It seems everyone else had their fair share of problems and brought home the win. I was just cruising at the start of the sprint race saving my tyres and luckily for me most people in front fell off the track. Jutngo came out side by side after his stop but I let him go considering he had fresh tyres. I then proceeded to go off at T1 which cost me 5s but luckily no positions and was in P3 at the end.

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
I pitted on lap 5 and popped out just in front of Hasnain. I know he's a lot quicker than me so I was watching for him making his move but he seemed to hang back then dropped further behind before (I'm guessing) missing a braking point on T1. I think I remember a similar point in race 1 where Hasnain was happy to follow behind me rather than go around, even though he obviously has the pace. I hope he isn't scared of me punting him off!!
Nah it's more me being scared of punting you off! I'm still not fully confident in making moves in these cars with their braking zones compared to what we've been driving previously. Also you weren't really holding me up the cars behind weren't catching up too quickly and I didn't want to lose too much time battling. In the second race you were on much fresher tyres so I didn't think it'd be worth fighting.

Reactions: Delaney

Jackiid15

GP2 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
For those wanting to still race on Thursday.

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Hi all, i apologise to put his message here, but i need some help regarding GTSPORT.

Any of you guys have a FANATEC CS ELITE for the PS4 ?

My wheel does a rumble/shake effect in GTSport when in corners the tyres lose grip. This is a very bad shake on the wheel wich is anoying and affetcs the turning. The lack of grip is suposed to make the wheel lighter has it does in F12019. Any help is aprecciated, has i like the game but this is very anoying.

Thanks a lot.