PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 8 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Round 7 Red Bull Ring 14/11/2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 8 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Round 7 Red Bull Ring 14/11/2019

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion |Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery

Event Information

• Date: November 14th, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RIM/RW
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 23 laps - In-game ‘Grid Start w/ False Start Check’ procedure
    • Sprint Race: 12 laps In game rolling start, with reverse grid from result of First Race
●Track Map

1573425250647.png

● Weather Conditions:
Rain

● In-game time-of-day:
17:30

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Drivers List:
  1. @Delaney; PSN: RoninGT_Delaney; Danish EU Citizen; TBA (fast enough)
  2. @Jackiid15; PSN: GKRT_Pinkiiboii; Scottish; 25ms
  3. @Gareth Kirk; PSN: RGD_Gazmania; British; 12ms
  4. @Hasnain; PSN: Hasnain282; British; 9ms
  5. @Wobbuffet; PSN: Ragna_Kagari; English; 14ms
  6. @jutngo; PSN: Jutngo; British; 28ms

Informed No Show:

Uninformed No Show:
  • @mrstim96; PSN: MrSt1m96, Latvian, 27ms (more than 3 times => banned

Resigned:

Results:
Qualifying
GTSL8_Q_RD7.jpg

Feature
GTSL8_S_RD7.jpg

Sprint

GTSL8_F_RD7.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Sorry guys I'm not making this one, going to struggle making the rest of the season too, as work is building up hugely now and I'm in alot of overtime so going to be hit or miss some weeks.

mikesum77

Junior Karter
Sep 17, 2019
Sorry guys I'm not racing tonight, seems my wheel needs some cleaning&repairing and I won't race using controller. Will be back for the last round!

Reactions: Delaney

jutngo

Pro Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Oh no. Going to be a quiet one tonight! Hope you feel better soon Bl99dy.
Good luck with the wheel repairs Mike.

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Can't make this one just left and the way home from work, starting to feel like a reserve driver lol, hope you all have a good race.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings updated

Q 3/FR 3/SR 3
What could have been a very boring race with only 5 cars on track turned out to be an OK race. Well to me at least. Qualified 3rd, but took the start and was first after first corner in FR. I was able to keep @Wobbuffet behind (probably because he was fuel saving) for the first 4-5 laps and after that I could stay within 1-2 sec's till he pitted. @Hasnain was staying behind/stuck behind @jutngo for most of the first stint. I pitted a lap later and came out some 8-9 sec's behind him and Hasnain, who had stayed out. When Hasnain pitted some laps later, he came out 2-3 sec's behind me and I did my very best to keep him behind, but a mistake on my part on the last lap let him by and I ended 3rd less than a second after Hasnain, which was a victory to me. Unfortunately @jutngo wasn't able to keep up in the FR and ended a bit back. @Jackiid15 did his usual excursions, examining parts of the track, that We never visit.

I felt really comfy in the FR but in SR I felt like I was driving with CH's on ice. I was all over the place and struggled to build a gap to Jutngo. Wobbie and Hasnain just disappeared in the distance. But I managed to stay in front of Jutngo for the whole race and got my 3rd in the end.

So what sounds a bit boring with same results in Q/FR/SR for all of us, was in fact (to me) a great race.

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Results and Standings updated
I was looking through the results so far and the sprint race in Round 1 is missing the FL - which I believe was set by you! Also as for the feature last night I remember Hasnain set the FL in that race.

Lastly I would suggest Delaney that you hold off doing the drop week until after the final round, as for example Hasnain who has been very consistent and scored high every round could have his worse round at Nurburgring (though I doubt it :LOL:), either way waiting until after the final round to apply the drop week would probably be the sensible thing to do. (at least in Hasnain's and myself case)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I was looking through the results so far and the sprint race in Round 1 is missing the FL - which I believe was set by you! Also as for the feature last night I remember Hasnain set the FL in that race.

Lastly I would suggest Delaney that you hold off doing the drop week until after the final round, as for example Hasnain who has been very consistent and scored high every round could have his worse round at Nurburgring (though I doubt it :LOL:), either way waiting until after the final round to apply the drop week would probably be the sensible thing to do. (at least in Hasnain's and myself case)
I know about the FL in SR missing. I simple do not have anything on it.
The FL in SR done by You I have from My own picture.

As for the drop week, the intend is to reduce the differences among the racers so that everybody know where they are. This will not change. I appreciate You thinking out of the box though.

jutngo

Pro Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Congratulations to the podium peeps. That was good pace from everyone and I struggled to stay in touch here. Don't think I had any major issues apart from running very wide once at the horse shoe bit. Just not quick enough! Managed to stick with Delaney in the sprint race but I was never quick enough to think about a move anywhere.
Wish I could have done better for the team while we down to 1 car but that's the way it goes.
Had a great night as always and look forward to Nurb. Sort of.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
A late race report.

Qualy - 1st: Put together a excellent lap and probably only left a tenth on the table, so very happy to take my first pole this season.

Feature - 1st: Got mugged by Delaney at the start who rocketed pass me despite that I felt initially that I had a ok start, either way after things settled down after the first lap the next couple laps I had a couple go at passing Delaney at T1 but I broke to early on the first occasion and on the second I nearly lost it on exit.

I did eventually get pass Delaney a couple laps later but after that I found it difficult to pull out a lead, the gap was staying around a couple seconds until I pitted and with Delaney & Jutngo pitting a lap later that left Hasnain in the lead.

As the laps went by I began to wonder around the 2 thirds mark whether he was trying to go to the end but a lap later he then pitted and that left me with a comfortable lead over Delaney, not much happened though in the rest of the race for me and so I won the race.

Sprint - 1st: Despite the small field expected a tough battle to get to the front just because of how hard if was to pass in these conditions, at the start unfortunately Jack went wide at T1 so that was a free place and early on I battled with Hasnain and got past him.
(I think) Jutngo then went wide then a couple laps later allowing me and Hasnain to get pass him and then I caught up to Delaney.

Again it was hard to find a way by within a couple laps Delaney went wide at T1 and that allowed me to get by at T2, Hasnain got past Delaney short after as well and that left me in a straight fight with him for the rest of the race, I managed to pull out a couple second lead and that's pretty much how it stayed until the end of the race, so I won and also took the FL as well.

Looking back naturally I was very happy with my nights work and it was very important I won both races heading into the final round and despite the small field I have to agree with Delaney's assessment that's the races were enjoyable, the field & race pace spread was certainly a lot smaller then I thought it would be, as when pitstops started in the feature the top 4 were covered by just 8 seconds and it meant that you couldn't afford to make a mistake, its just a shame there wasn't more people racing.

Anyway well done to Hasnain and Delaney on there double podiums and also to Jack for technically having his best top tier round result.;)

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Decided to try my own setup for this one rather than Delaney's given one. Didn't think a default transmission would make a load of difference, but it did (didn't try changing it as felt ok). Had absolutely no acceleration out of corners and was lucky to get 2nd in the feature race in the end. Changed it up for the sprint race which helped a bit but I was all over the place in terms of driving in that one. Congrats to RK on the wins and well done to Delaney on the podiums. Was good fun.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I could see at @Hasnain ’s replay that it was him that did the FL in FR. And it was @Wobbuffet who did FL in SR, so I’ve updated the results and Standings accordingly.