PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 8 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Round 8 Nürburgring 24hr 14/11/2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 8 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Round 8 Nürburgring 24hr 14/11/2019

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
S8_GTSL_PorscheCup_RD8.jpg

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion |Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery

Event Information

• Date: November 21st, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RH/RM - RM/RS
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 12 Minutes + a lap
    • Feature Race: 5 laps - In-game ‘Grid Start w/ False Start Check’ procedure
    • Sprint Race: 3 laps In game rolling start, with reverse grid from result of First Race
●Track Map
Nurburgring-Nordschleife-with-F1-track-map.jpg

● Weather Conditions:
Night

● In-game time-of-day:
22:30

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Drivers List:
  1. @Delaney; PSN: RoninGT_Delaney; Danish EU Citizen; TBA (fast enough)
  2. @Jackiid15; PSN: GKRT_Pinkiiboii; Scottish; 25ms
  3. @Hasnain; PSN: Hasnain282; British; 9ms
  4. @Wobbuffet; PSN: Ragna_Kagari; English; 14ms
  5. @jutngo; PSN: Jutngo; British; 28ms\
  6. @BL99DY-NINE; PSN: BL99DY-NINE; American, 115ms
  7. @Ashracer2011; PSN: AshRacer2011; British; TBA (fast enough)
  8. @mikesum77 ; PSN: OBH_Mikesum77; Hungarian; 50ms
Informed No Show:
  • @Gareth Kirk; PSN: RGD_Gazmania; British; 12ms
  • @TubbyPhantom; PSN: RGD_WRAITH; British; 12ms

• Uninformed No Show:
  • @mrstim96; PSN: MrSt1m96, Latvian, 27ms (more than 3 times => banned

Resigned:

Results:

Qualifying
    GTSL8_Q_RD8.jpg

Feature
    GTSL8_F_RD8.jpg

Sprint
  • AOR GTSL S8 Prorsche Rd8 SR.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Did a few laps yesterday (6) and managed a dodgy 8:40 (RM's) on last lap - The rest didn't count as they were start lap / in lap / out lap. Fuel only last 2,6-2,7 laps without fuel saving. I did it in a race against the Gr.3 cars and that worked perfectly. Kept me good and honest. Only problem is that tires can only be set to x2, so very little tirewear.
BEWARE of especially the first corner as Your braking distance is much longer than Your used to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackiid15

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Cool. The feature only 5 laps now?
That is the closest We get to 40 min (5 x 8:45=42:15) excl. pit stops and start. 6 laps would mean more than 52-53 min. The Sprint Race it's best to do 3 laps, as it'll give us a bit more than 20 min race instead of less.

Reactions: jutngo

jutngo

Pro Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Sweet. Might get a couple of laps tomorrow evening.

Oh. I know it may not suit everyone at this late stage but have you considered starting quali a few minutes earlier to get a couple of laps in? Maybe even just a 7.30 start? I would be ok with that anyway but I know you would need everyone to be on board with it.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Sweet. Might get a couple of laps tomorrow evening.

Oh. I know it may not suit everyone at this late stage but have you considered starting quali a few minutes earlier to get a couple of laps in? Maybe even just a 7.30 start? I would be ok with that anyway but I know you would need everyone to be on board with it.
We have been discussing this and We ended up with just ONE counting lap. This put’s Maximum pressure on everyone. We’ll set it to 12 min, which is actually the allowed out lap time. After that You’ll have 10 min for Your counting lap. This means that You can (if You should wish to do so) let the AI do Your out lap and just get back on at Döttinger Höhe (the Long straight).

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
We have been discussing this and We ended up with just ONE counting lap. This put’s Maximum pressure on everyone. We’ll set it to 12 min, which is actually the allowed out lap time. After that You’ll have 10 min for Your counting lap. This means that You can (if You should wish to do so) let the AI do Your out lap and just get back on at Döttinger Höhe (the Long straight).
So just want to 100% confirm and clarify when you start your qualy lap, once the 12 minute qualy timer expires (during the qualy lap) a 10 minute countdown will then appear and begin?

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
So just want to 100% confirm and clarify when you start your qualy lap, once the 12 minute qualy timer expires (during the qualy lap) a 10 minute countdown will then appear and begin?
Yes and no
If You are faster than 12 min doing Your out lap, You have that time on top of the 10 min, but You will not have time to start lap 3. So even if You end lap 2 with fx. 3 min to spare, Your quali will end, because You do not have time to do a full lap

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So heading into the final round tomorrow as everyone knows there is a championship to be decided, sure yeah theres been a few seasons where its gone to the final round however most of those saw a big points gap.

I think it was season 3 (ie last years xmas cup) that had the closest gap heading into the final round between championship contenders (season 5 was nearly as close) and that was 3 drivers on that occasion.

But this season has now broken that record and its very close points wise between me & Hasnain, however things aren't that simple as the drop week could potentially change for Hasnain and because of this its why I genuinely believe the championship is 50/50 heading into tomorrow.

Though after thinking about how the season has gone with a direct comparison to my championship rival, I'm going to give my assessment by doing a round by round basis.

Round 1 at Brands Hatch - Felt I was faster then Hasnain and maybe even the quickest driver overall here, but ended up with a double 2nd.

Round 2 at Alsace - I got caught out by the time of day being different then listed and as a result this wasn't even a contest, easily my worst round and performance in this league in a very long time, and if this was a boxing match my trainer would've thrown in the white towel moments after the 1st round bell. Hasnain without doubt was miles faster then me here and may have been the quickest overall but the only saving grace was that he ended up with two 2nds.

Round 3 at Lago Mag. - Back on form here however I think Hasnain had a slightly better race pace then me but in the end me and Hasnain shared honours.

Round 4 at Mount Pan. - This was a bit of a struggle for me but no excuses this time and Hasnain like round 2 was once again quicker by a country mile then me, but also was probably the fastest overall here so in the end this round was very much a damage limitation exercise.

Round 5 at Dragon Trail - Again normality restored but pace wise compared to Hasnain it felt similar to round 3 though, as he was probably overall a little bit quicker then me over a full stint, ended up though losing a little more ground.

Round 6 at Sardegna - Due to how both these races went for me and Hasnain, it was hard to gauge the pace between us though I suspect it would have been pretty even, however I ended up winning both races that night.

Round 7 at RBR - For a change I feel like I was on the front foot completely here and had a bit of a pace advantage over Hasnain, and I drove home that advantage by winning by races again and taking my 1st pole of the season as well.

Well that's my assessment and I'm sure @Hasnain has his own thoughts on the battle between us over this season, either way looking forward to the nightmare version of the green hell.

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
I've made so many major mistakes, pretty lucky to still be within a good shot of winning it.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hopefully You'll both be making mistake's tonight ;)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I've made so many major mistakes, pretty lucky to still be within a good shot of winning it.
Yet you've either won or finished 2nd in 12 of the 14 races - you made mistakes, what mistakes?:p

Will add a interesting sidenote I realised after looking at the stats thread tonight will see a double champion crowned.
Hasnain is the reigning champion from last season and looking to retain, and within the space of a week I'm now looking to potentially do a unique double and win 2 championships.o_O

Jackiid15

F1 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
*meanwhile at the back of the grid*
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Beware!!! standings has been updated!

I feel the need, the need for speed. In theory I can still beat @BL99DY-NINE, it just require me to win the FR and BL99DY not finishing better than 5th and me finishing better than him in SR. I just have do my very best and hope that Wobbie and Hasnain have some extra challenges.

Last edited:
  • Surprised

Jackiid15

F1 Test Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Beware!!! standings has been updated!

I feel the need, the need for speed. In theory I can still beat @BL99DY-NINE, it just require me to win the FR and BL99DY not finishing better than 5th and me finishing better than him in SR. I just have do my very best and hope that Wobbie and Hasnain have some extra challenges.
Maybe I should reprise my seat in the commentary box for that battle :love:

jutngo

Pro Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Wow. That was seriously intense!! Some bad luck and some good luck for me tonight. I was happy enough with my pace but made a few silly mistakes that I could have done without. Luckily for me I wasn't the only one getting caught out by the green hell grass.
5th in the feature race isn't as good as I would have liked but 3rd in the sprint is better than I had dared to hope for.
Had a great night as always. Congratulations to wobbie and hasnain for the great drives and championship results. Also well done to Bl99dy and Delaney for the series. Well deserved results after some great battles throughout the season.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Final results and Standings has been updated