PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - Xmas Cup - Round 1: Blue Moon Bay - Infield A 5/12/2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - Xmas Cup - Round 1: Blue Moon Bay - Infield A 5/12/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackiid15

F1 Sponsored Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
XmasCup_2019_RD1.jpg

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Main Discussion |Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery

Event Information

• Date: December 5th, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RH - RM
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes + a lap
    • Feature Race: 32 laps - In-game ‘Grid Start w/ False Start Check’ procedure
    • Sprint Race: 16 laps - In game rolling start, with grid set by host
●Track Map

● Weather Conditions:
Clear

● In-game time-of-day:
1700h

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Drivers List:
  1. @Jackiid15 - GKRT_PinkiiBoii - 25ms - Scottish/Indian
  2. @BL99DY-NINE - BL99DY-NINE - 121ms - American
  3. @Delaney - RoninGT-Delaney - <Insert Ping Here> - Danish
  4. @RLH_Wesley99 - RLH_Wesley99 - 21ms - Dutch
  5. @Meg1s - Communist_Minnion - 46ms - Finnish
  6. @jutngo - jutngo - 29ms - Northern Irish
  7. @Ashracer2011 - ashracer2011 - <Insert Ping Here> - British
  8. @Intotheobscurity - IntoTheObscurity - 9ms - British
  9. @Manx57 - ronin-manx - 51ms - Manx
Informed No Show:

Uninformed No Show:

Resigned:

Results:
Qualifying
70BDB8CE-4499-4634-83BC-C07F41FC8432.jpeg

Feature
XC19_F_RD1.jpg

Sprint
XC19_S_RD1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackiid15

F1 Sponsored Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Room and chat will be open in about 20 minutes, I will be streaming so if anybody is in chat and does not wish to be heard please remember to turn off voice sharing. If you do remember to turn it on.
For those who don't know how to turn it on/off please see the link below.
Party chat in PS4 broadcasts

Reactions: Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Despite the GT lobby/server issues that was fun to watch, feature was very exciting towards the end and the sprint had plenty of battles as were all use to seeing.:LOL:

Will add I didn't see Wesley's car move once in either race, it was stationary though where I saw his car provided some interesting screenshots which I will share below (in a mix of thumbnails and full pics) and not lying they just get better and better:

When I joined just after the start of the feature:confused:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191205200816.jpg

Though things took a turn midrace I hadn't noticed but his car was moving backwards and caught this momento_O
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191205221108.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191205203230.jpg
A car that drives on water, we need to know how this is possible!

And finally during the break I saw this from Wesley's car and its the best thing of the night,
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191205210511.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191205210520.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191205210525.jpg

Yeah just your everyday standard mid-air overtake by a aeroplane.:cool:

And for those that are curious what the view from outside the car looked like, well if you ever wanted to know what the scenery was like and venture into the wild blue wonder of blue bay speedway here you go:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191205205921.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191205210312.jpg
Fun fact I watched the landing planes 'crash' into the scenery.
So if your wondering why I kept going on about Wesley and what I saw from Wesleys car tonight all those screenshots are why, as he's clearly got a Megane version of the back to the future DeLorean!:ROFLMAO:

• Funny

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Wow where did that come from??? I've never ever beaten Ash in quali and never been able to challenge him in the races and suddenly I was right at his tail. I don't know where that pace came from, but rest easy, I'm sure it'll be gone next week :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: Jackiid15

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
I am soooo out of practice phew, my little arms are aching....

Race 1: was pants
Race 2: I thought I would hold onto a top 5 place but not to be. Some guy called Delaney muscled me out of the way at turn 3 :( so I thought elbows out and held my line through the next couple of corners to be slammed into the barriers and into last place doh remind me again why did I miss racing with you guys lol

Last edited:

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Excellent night for team Tuborg, 1-2s in both races, not sure that's been done on in this GT sport AOR Era?

Congrats to @Delaney for having his racing shoes on, I think he's been eating all of his greens and drinking all of the christmas tuborg special brew to make him so fast!

@Wesley congrats on the double podium in your first AOR race night.

I must say the racing was enjoyable a mix of strategies and pretty clean racing, usually the sprint races can get a bit chaotic but I think having a bit of patience and not trying to force your way past seemed to work best as I had no problems with anyone, there where a few side by sides moments with a lot of people in the early laps, but the mediums seem to suit me better and doing a none stop was the best option in the end, surprising given that the hards in the feature didn't last much longer than the sprint mediums really.

Wobbie it looks like GT sport was trying to replicate whatever this meme thing was:

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

jutngo

Pro Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Really sorry for causing any delays last night but thanks very much for hanging on a bit to give me a chance to rejoin. Pity it just happen. Internet just wasn't behaving at all for some reason so hope it's back to normal speed for next week! Seems like I missed another great night.
Oh, I got a quali photo if that helps. Don't usually do that but did last night for some reason.

DSC_2997.JPG

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

Race 2: I thought I would hold onto a top 5 place but not to be. Some guy called Delaney muscled me out of the way at turn 3 :( so I thought elbows out and held my line through the next couple of corners to be slammed into the barriers and into last place doh remind me again why did I miss racing with you guys lol
You were deffo not in Your usual form. I don’t Think I muscled You our of Your way. I was attempting a fast overtake and I might have been a bit too hasty, but as You hit my rear wheel, my car was turned a bit left and that took out the both of us. I did give You the place back and went on to claim my 2’nd and You could have done the same, had You not been out of form. You could on the other hand have seen me being along side, had You used Your radar.
But hey ho it’s Christmas and the snow is falling as rain

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Wow where did that come from??? I've never ever beaten Ash in quali and never been able to challenge him in the races and suddenly I was right at his tail. I don't know where that pace came from, but rest easy, I'm sure it'll be gone next week :oops:
Honestly Delaney it was great to see, I mean you took pole & FL in the feature and without that 1 poor lap (to serve that time pen) you would have had a great chance of winning that race, obviously I weren't able to see what everyone was doing and every error each driver had, but what I saw from you in that race, as I said on the night you did excellent.

With Ash I think I saw him run wide only a couple times onto the grass, but the errors he made were minor and in the end those minor errors weren't enough to cancel out that poor lap. (well it wasn't poor in reality it was serving a time pen)

Either way Delaney last night I would say has given you a proper genuine glimpse of the level required to give yourself a realistic chance of winning a race against Ash (when it really matters), Ash in the feature showed a very fast quick race pace and drove in general very well, but that race probably had a couple to many minor errors for his liking. (that's just my honest assessment)

But if you want to give Ash a real scare again Delaney then you know what you need to do, however I'm also sure the rest of the drivers will be keen to mix up the order and battle at the front next week as well.

Excellent night for team Tuborg, 1-2s in both races, not sure that's been done on in this GT sport AOR Era?
Not a 100% sure how they divided themselves team wise, but I do remember Super Formula back in S6 had that happen with the VLX guys in the opening round which saw them sweep the podium spots in both races.

But still a great team performance by you 2 last night regardless.

I was surprised to see you race (as I hadn't checked the forums at all on Thursday), still it was good to see you return and @Intotheobscurity for that matter.(y)

Also despite not seeing you at all during the night well done to Wesley on a very good debut, and nice to see Jack legitimately battling with the midfield for a good chunk of these races.

Status
Not open for further replies.