PC - AOR GT3 Elite - R1: Imola 08/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Elite - R1: Imola 08/11/2017 @ 8PM

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
It is weird that they can get away with it, as I was within the limits and in some occasions over and it imediatelly gave me warning to slow down, once I didn't enough and got +1sec.

Anyway, I wasn't hoping for some top 10finish as I thought pole will be in 42's, whichi it almost was, but my qualy pace was in 44's but I could get a nice lap with 43.5 which put me on 8th, just 0,5sec off pole so the field was really close.

Right after the start where I could outrun McLaren, I noticed he pulled himself next to me into T1 so in Audi we were slowish on the main straight. I say behind Porsche and Ferrari every lap just to see they pulled away slightly on the straight, until SLS caught me up :D What a tank :D just like "Hello, may I.....thanks" and he was 2 car lengths in front :)

Anyway, P9 at the end is preety okay :)

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry for double post but I had a small issue yesterday and I don't know why. After 3 laps I noticed that I had 1 engine damage. After another 3 laps it goes by 1 and in the end I had over 15 engine damage.
My oil temps were between 100-105°C and water between 95 and 98°C. I didn't rev the car to the maximum, I didn't downshift rapidly as there is that downshift protection aswell. So why I did get engine dmg? Is that normal engine wear? if so, then I think you can only do about 40 laps until you have to go to the pits for repairs. Also I didn't have any aero damage
Did any of you had the same problem? Not sure why I get those engine dmg points

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yes, looks like you need to open the radiator quite a lot tbh (about 80%+ to be safe) - looks to be quite different to pCars1.
I think I finished with about 5% running 75% open - Not sure how much the eng dmg affects the power (didn't look to have any real affect for me, but 5% is next to nothing).
If you get any front end dmg, there is a very good chance that the radiator will pick up damage, and you will soon overheat the motor...and then 'pop' soon after.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Sorry for double post but I had a small issue yesterday and I don't know why. After 3 laps I noticed that I had 1 engine damage. After another 3 laps it goes by 1 and in the end I had over 15 engine damage.
My oil temps were between 100-105°C and water between 95 and 98°C. I didn't rev the car to the maximum, I didn't downshift rapidly as there is that downshift protection aswell. So why I did get engine dmg? Is that normal engine wear? if so, then I think you can only do about 40 laps until you have to go to the pits for repairs. Also I didn't have any aero damage
Did any of you had the same problem? Not sure why I get those engine dmg points
Did you had a crash in qualification ?
I suspect you had aero damage in qualification and your damage carried over in race.
I reload my setup every time I have damage in qualification, just to be sure. It's a workaround I found while doing practice.

EDIT: It's also explained in the link posted by @SonOfMaw

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Thanks @Def
My qualy was not my best. Also at the end one of my starting laps was ruined cause of a guy getting out pit for outlap and decide to just drive on the racing line i wasnt happy about that.

So started from p9 6 tents of pole. Very cool close qualy guys !

The race went very good. Did my own race which yoohan was trying to make bad but my SLS was amazing on straight so as long i was keeping my line for most of the laps and defend in some corners yoohan had to make a risky move. I have to say thanks to yoohan for his patience it must have been frustrating but i warned you before you know haha.

Managed to drive pretty constant laps within the limits sometimes little wobble or understeer but overall very good thanks for the setup teammate @Xenon91 !!

At the end of the race i dont know what happened to @hesto ? I was closing relatively (is that correct spelling ?hah) fast and yoohan and i got past.

Happy with P2 !
See you guys next week @SPA

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Did you had a crash in qualification ?
I suspect you had aero damage in qualification and your damage carried over in race.
I reload my setup every time I have damage in qualification, just to be sure. It's a workaround I found while doing practice.

EDIT: It's also explained in the link posted by @SonOfMaw
As I said, no dmg to the car whatsoever. I loaded up the race setup between Q and R so there was no problem there. I had 75% radiator, but will look as @SonOfMaw link if the temps were maybe too high then.

I have read that thread and Im not too clever about it. I guess that below 20 engine dmg I should be fine as I haven't noticed any difference..It just got into my head so I wasn't driving at my best because of that as I wos a bit worried. In practice I didn't get any dmg with even less radiator.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Ironik

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I sometimes get the feeling that the less info you get the better :D When I saw +1 engine dmg after 3 laps, I got scared and confused -> -0,5sec per lap usually..then saw my brake temps -> 800°C after heavy braking and 550°C after main straight and even more at the back (yeah I got wery low brake ducts to gain a little bit of speed but in practice it was allright) I used to have around 400°C usually :D -> got scared even more --> another loss of time and confidence. Have not seen that, I guess I would drive better LOL :D

Vernux

AOR PC GT3 Elite S8 Champion
Dec 16, 2016
If you go over 100 C you will get engine dmg. In random race i felt enginedmg made a huge difference. @Jefferson da Silva Braga made a test race at COTA. I was driving the Audi With 100 open radiator and after 3 laps i got engine dmg. After i got my 2nd tick on the engine i was 3-4tenths slower/lap. Yesterday it was all good With 75 radiator.

Send from phone so dont mind me if theres any mistakes.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
If you go over 100 C you will get engine dmg. In random race i felt enginedmg made a huge difference. @Jefferson da Silva Braga made a test race at COTA. I was driving the Audi With 100 open radiator and after 3 laps i got engine dmg. After i got my 2nd tick on the engine i was 3-4tenths slower/lap. Yesterday it was all good With 75 radiator.

Send from phone so dont mind me if theres any mistakes.
That's not correct. Engine damage from temperature should come around 125°C.

Raigore

F1 Champion
Apr 19, 2016
Was barely hitting 100° yesterday, finished the race with 4 engine damage.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I wrote what happend to me.
I wrote what I tested for weeks during development and what the physics guys told us. ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1510224431][/DOUBLEPOST]
Was barely hitting 100° yesterday, finished the race with 4 engine damage.
Your damage is probably due to your shifting then.

EDIT: Having say that, it's possible there is a bug, I don't deny that.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I guess different cars may have different limits...?
Either way, for the difference (in terms of speed) that having the radiator open 100% compared to 50%, I'm not sure the reward is worth the risk...

• Agree

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
I was at 108 degrees had 5 damage at the end but i think this was from blasting trough the gears :smuggrin:

• Agree

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I guess different cars may have different limits...?
Either way, for the difference (in terms of speed) that having the radiator open 100% compared to 50%, I'm not sure the reward is worth the risk...
Nope, it's the same for every cars : 125°C is the limit. Above that you'll take damage.
Above 130°C your engine will take HEAVY damage.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
There are 2 temperatures..water and oil. Form offline testing, as soon as the oil temp (in HUD RPM gauge) goes around 125°C the engine dmg gets raped. Water temp is on the dashboard (usually) and that can even go above 100°C for little time, but I was really driving around 95°C water temp. But if I get the same engine dmg with 100% radiator then I believe it has to be some sort of a problem because then no way you can do some endurance events in those cars that are affected by that.
And with hard downshift, if there is downshift protection which in Audi definitely is as sometimes it wouldn't go to 2nd, there should be no way you could damage the engine by downshifting. That is why it is called "downshift protection"

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Ok, I finish on about 5 damage, and was running under 100c - so I guess I must have done a couple of hard downshifts, but that's not my normal driving style..

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Water temp has nothing to do with engine damage. The temp in Hud is the oil temp IIRC.
It's not necessarily in downshift. Maybe you're going too much in the red zone / hitting the limiter.
If you're heel & toeing, maybe you're applying a bit too much gaz while in neutral.
Again, I don't the deny the possibility of a bug.