PC - AOR GT3 Elite - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Elite - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016

ROUND 4 - Brands Hatch GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 29 November 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 40 Laps (1 formation lap + 39 racing laps)

● Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
- Quali: Rain
- Race: Rain

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 9 July, 18:00
- Race start time: 9 July, 20:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Reactions: Dany Mitchel

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
1 car less :-(. It's a goodbye party from work, on the type I have worked for the last 10 years, which I can not miss.
Have fun!

• Informative
Reactions: EVR Morvic

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I can´t wait to see ~30 cars being squeezed together in wet conditions on this little piece of tarmac :pigeon:
If you jinx it I'm gonna have you blacklisted

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Does the weather carry over from the different sessions @Yorkie065? Like if we have 5 min practice before Q we could expect a fully wet track with puddles. We had 5 min practice last time just to check that everything is working with wheels and pedals before jumping in to Q.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Does the weather carry over from the different sessions @Yorkie065? Like if we have 5 min practice before Q we could expect a fully wet track with puddles. We had 5 min practice last time just to check that everything is working with wheels and pedals before jumping in to Q.
I believe so yes

• Informative
Reactions: rillo7105

rillo7105

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
I was just wondering if the track isn’t wet when Q starts there might be an option for the softs. But i think that is unlikely since the slot is rain and not light rain. I’m not sure though

Vernux

AOR PC GT3 Elite S8 Champion
Dec 16, 2016
I think its full luck. If u get out fast u could do 1 lap with softs. But the pit system is kinda ehm uhm sh*t. So whoever gets out first will win the quali.

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK

rillo7105

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Might be difficult to get enough heat in to the softs. Interesting option for coming races though with changing weather during Q

Zabbzi

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 9, 2016
OUT, working Wednesday late, will watch stream after to see how many contact on wets were made ;)

Vernux

AOR PC GT3 Elite S8 Champion
Dec 16, 2016
I talked to @Raigore (i heard he pushed it to the coods), It would be better to make quali 20min long and wait 5 min in pit, so the track can get some water. Why? Because first few dudes who get on track (and not stuck in the pit) can do 1-2 sec faster laps than others cuz the track is not that wet yet. It would make the quali fair. What you guys think about that.

rillo7105

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
I talked to @Raigore (i heard he pushed it to the coods), It would be better to make quali 20min long and wait 5 min in pit, so the track can get some water. Why? Because first few dudes who get on track (and not stuck in the pit) can do 1-2 sec faster laps than others cuz the track is not that wet yet. It would make the quali fair. What you guys think about that.
So, is this OK with everyone?

I'll start the lobby at approximately 20.50 with 5 min practice and the 20 min Qualifying and no one is allowed to set a time the first 5 minutes?

That won't give anyone an advantage leaving pits earlier than others.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Would be nice, but is the weather/track contition carry over from practice to qualifying? if the track is already wet after 5 mins of practice, will it be wet aswell in qualifying of it will reset?

If it resets, then im up for on time set in first 5 minutes, or until any of the coord will say, that it is green and we can go to do out outlaps.

JuniorJH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2016
The track conditions still progress even after the first 5 min. Maybe not as dramatically, but the track seems slower still at 10 - 15 min in than it is at 5 - 10 min. So regardless of when cars are allowed on track, you still have to get your best lap in on your first laps.

• Agree
Reactions: SBart_uk