PC - AOR GT3 Elite - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Elite - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
I JUST REALISED THIS IS GOING TO BE A WET RACE AND I HAVEN'T DONE ANY LAPS YET SINCE I WAS ILL YESTERDAY AND I DON'T HAVE A SETUP. Algarve setup will do, right? :p

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I JUST REALISED THIS IS GOING TO BE A WET RACE AND I HAVEN'T DONE ANY LAPS YET SINCE I WAS ILL YESTERDAY AND I DON'T HAVE A SETUP. Algarve setup will do, right? :p
Welcome to #teamNoPractice

Raigore

F1 Champion
Apr 19, 2016
Probably not because 1. Rain 2. Patch, so you basicly just had yesterday to do any useful practice since the patch basicly killed all your setups. I just tried the general rain race setup stuff and I'm kinda happy, when you do some practice make sure to not restart the lobby so you can test the actual race conditions because the track gets worse and worse.

• Agree
Reactions: Mazy CZ and Ycoms

Vernux

AOR PC GT3 Elite S8 Champion
Dec 16, 2016
Who did practice race yesterday. How was your fps? I had like 40-50 sometimes and it was very annoying. Now i tried with 30AI cars, game felt smooth always 60 fps and gpu at 70% (yesterday was 100% all the time).

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Who did practice race yesterday. How was your fps? I had like 40-50 sometimes and it was very annoying. Now i tried with 30AI cars, game felt smooth always 60 fps and gpu at 70% (yesterday was 100% all the time).
Same for me, between 40-50. It was ok though, only when I follow a car very close with a lot of spray in front of me it drops noticeably below ~35 which is not great :(.

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
i had the same problem with FPS. Restarted the game had no issues anymore. hope today will be good still :nailbiting:

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
WTH happened? Isn´t the pre-race screen normally like 2 mins? I went for the toilet way before Q even ended and got disqualified...

Season going great so far.

Edit: Nevermind, checked my recording and I was late by 4 seconds :pigeon:

Last edited:

Veloce Jaaames

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 30, 2016
Unfortunately my computer gave up the ghost midway through the race :/ think it's due to my graphics card drivers requiring an update since the most recent PCars Patch came out. Hope everyone had a good race[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Preeeetty cool race that was. :)

I didn't really know how good the pace was since I couldn't start practising until 3 hours before the race, so yeah, unsure if I could improve again from last week's result.

Quali wasn't too satisfying. I bottled 2 laps in a row where I was 3 to 4 tenths up, which is why I was surprised to be so far up. Pace definitely seemed reasonable.

Not really the best start to the race as I lost a few positions and therefore couldn't capitalize from some early spinners as much as I wanted. Then I caught the @Xenon91 train which developed into a pretty cool battle for several laps. Unfortunately I made a tiny mistake after that which dropped me behind @Raigore, so down to 8th again. Then he and James spun a couple of laps later and it was at this point where I started to pick up pace out of nowhere. Was closing a 6 seconds gap to @Mazy CZ and @Vernux in 15ish laps. For some reason I did my fastest lap on Lap 23 lol. Unfortunately, once I caught up with 5 laps to go, I made some mistakes again which costed any chance of applying pressure, making passes would have been very very difficult anyway.

Very happy with P6 though all things considered, was the first time I thought I had some decent pace in the car. Hopefully that was not the only time I get that feeling. :p Congrats to @Yoohan24 and @Yorkie065 on being aliens and @Nismo on the podium as well!

hesto

Pro Karter
Oct 31, 2017
Finished watching the stream :angelic:. Very good job @King-kodiak again with the solo cast despite that darn timing bug, simply enjoyable to watch. And ofc nice job @Yoohan24 and @Yorkie065, sick pace & battle yo.

The race was pretty interesting. Where's the Ferrari nerf? Why are they still at the top? :lol:
And did the M6 get buffed or is it just very good in the rain or did @Yorkie065 simply build the best rain setup? :confused:

For me this race was a big struggle. I found the SLS incredibly hard to handle in the wet, the rear is just too light. I don't have any experience with setups, maybe that's where I will have to improve in the future. Quali P17 and Race P9, no pace but lucky enough to pass some people spinning on the grass.

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Great work @King-kodiak! Just amazing how they managed to mess up the standings and timing board. Hopefully it gets fixed soon :)

Great fun racing in those conditions and on that track. I was all sweaty after 40 laps phuh!

Amazing graphics and effects in PC2
FPS was 55-65 the whole race with Ultra and 2560x1440 resolution

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
I must say I was disappointed to see that bug is still present, especially when there were SEVEN drivers hit with it. You lot just wanted to make me work harder didn't you? :p
Now you guys see why our job as commentators is made that much more difficult if people join the session late. Fortunately for me I had @AndrexUK acting as a spotter for me, which was a HUGE help in figuring out who was where.

Great battles going on, thoroughly enjoyed it.

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
There is no need to watch for any cuts or extends this time. Overtaking was almost impossible seeing the battle for first place but it wasn’t less exciting when everyone was driving within the white lines.

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Indeed, looked clean! (Thanks!)
Although the track doesn't really lend itself to cutting, so we'll see for the last 2 races! but yes, well done all!

I had a 2 second screen freeze on a corner on the parade lap which spun me out (I assume I didn't hit anyone?)
Was still going to be ok, but coming through from the back was always going to be tough here.
I got past Warn tyre, but he later went up the inside and nudged me wide, and I lost it coming up the hill after being a little on the grass.
Was a bit of a divebomb tbh...
So drive head first into the barrier, so had to pit for repairs or blow the engine.
On my outlap, the car just didn't feel right for some reason, and I lost it on the final turn, and just missed the pit wall.
I was then just going to be getting lapped all race, so parked it and helped KK a little with the stream.

Shame, as Yorkie (And Tipple) proved the M6 was strong in the wet! I had high hopes after a good social race the night before too...

I think that's my first DNF in about 5 seasons...
:(

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Shame, as Yorkie (And Tipple) proved the M6 was strong in the wet!
Just a shame the driver wasn't with it all race :( The first race all season I've managed to get time to do an hour an a bit of practice, and I spent the race making rookie mistakes. I was absolutely fuming with how I drove last night, especially knowing I could've been in the Top 5.

I've been way off where I expect myself to be all season and I'm really not happy about it.