PC - AOR GT3 Elite - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Elite - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Well, that was a bit nuts.

Quali, unknown to KK was pretty damn awesome. Got an early banker lap in which put me around 10th once everyone had got their laps in, and as usual I opted to take a bit of fuel to do 5 or 6 consecutive laps, rather than 1 or 2 hot laps and return to pits. About 3 or 4 laps in, the back section of the track started to form a bit of a drying line, so I knew that was the best chance for any kind of lap to put me near the front. The lap I set pole on was alright, was up by just under a tenth in 1st sector, middle sector I was actually down by a tenth but I got some huge oversteer on the exit of long left onto the back straight as I was getting the power down which cost me there, then the final sector just beasted it and managed to put it on pole (at the time) by 2 hundredths to @SBart_uk. The next lap was going to be quicker still, but I ran wide in the final of the 3 right handers on the back section. After that, @Yoohan24 stuck it on pole and the track got wetter and wasn't able to reproduce decent lap time.

Race time! Took more fuel than was needed in my race setup with the hope for extra stability, but also actually took a different approach in terms of setup thinking about the long run. Start was good, and was able to hold 2nd into turn 1 with a decent reaction time to @Yoohan24's get away thanks to TrackIR. At the end of the first lap, @SBart_uk spun out leaving a 2-3 second gap from me back to @Vernux. From there, I knew I could just focus on @Yoohan24 infront, and pressure him for hopefully a chance for the lead. For the first 10 laps, I was right on Yoohan's rear bumper, sat in the spray, not really able to see bugger all and hoping that Yoohan was taking a good line to avoid standing water, otherwise I would have followed him straight into it. There was a couple of mistakes Yoohan made that allowed me to get up along side, and we went through a few turns alongside each other, leaving just about a cars width for both of us through the turns but alas, I was not able to make any moves stick due to the Ferrari's traction and grunt.

I then started to drop back a bit, a few mistakes of my own came in where I lost a bit of time and a few hairy moments of almost losing the car, but the gap didn't extend to much if at all over 2 seconds. Then I started reeling Yoohan in for round 2. Again, some great battling, and thank you to the back markers for staying well out of our way and not affecting either of our races, much appreciated :) Again though, I just couldn't make any moves stick, and then about 6 laps to go, I made a slight small mistake that dropped me off the back of Yoohan to just under a second. After that, I'm not entirely sure what happened. Possibly the track changed but the car just didn't feel quite as quick as it did before, and Yoohan went into 'Yoohan mode' and beasted some lap times to pull away.

I decided to settle for 2nd at that point, as I just didn't have the pace to keep up in the final few laps, and @Nismo was a safe distance behind. Best result I have had in the league, best chance of a win, and probably the best race and performance I have put in in an official league race. Extremely happy with that, as it's going to do wonders for Drivers and Team Championship.

Have to say congratulations to @Yoohan24 on a very well fought win! And thank you for keeping the race so clean and fair! Whenever we were alongside, the racing was hard but there was always a car width for the other person. Defensive moves were clear and early enough for me to read easily, and despite being just mm's away bumper to bumper a number of times, I don't think we ever touched. Also congratulations to @Nismo for picking up the final podium spot. Sounded like you had one hell of a start. Unlucky for @AndrexUK with his troubles, as he could have been on for a decent result with the M6 pace and potential for some big team points.

As for the car, the M6 is good mid corner, and through long fast sweepers. It would have done well here even in the dry, but a bit more advantage comes in the wet with the engine at the front, helping to get into the corners more. I was quite a bit quicker through the back section of the track than Yoohan because of that, as the Ferrari is mid engined so it's weight is more rewards, and the Ferrari understeers a bit, made worse by the rain too. What the Ferrrari had over me though was that weight at the rear giving it good traction. Made it so damn difficult to pass because of that, as although the stream doesn't really show it, I was struggling to get the power down properly when it was really needed to eek ahead. As for the stream, shame about the leaderboard bug, as watching it back, the stream only saw about 1 3rd of the action between me and Yoohan.

That was probably my best chance of a win, certainly this season. I doubt the M6 is going to do too well at Laguna, and the Merc is going to be mighty at Monza. Going to have to practice and work some setup magic to give the best chance of fighting near the front for those two final races.

JuniorJH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2016
Most fun i have had online racing. Absolutely brilliant. VR working sweet now and the racing in this league is so close.

Q:10 My aim was top 10 but when i saw that if i hooked up all my sectors id have been top 5, 10th seemed a little disappointing. Also being right in the middle of the pack in the dark & rain was frightening.

R:7th My aim was top 10 so all things considered i am happy. Got a decent start around the outside of turn 1 and broke late and made a position around the outside of turn 2 as all the cars in front were bunched on the inside. Had a great battle with @Ycoms and @Xenon91 for the first few laps in which @Nismo quickly slipped by all of us!!. I felt sorry for @Xenon91 in the SLS, it looked like a whale on roller-skates on this track! Anyway i managed to get past those guys into 6th and made a bit of ground on @Vernux and @Mazy CZ.
I panicked a bit with my race setup after the patch and think i went a little too far with some diff setting. It was nice for the first 20 laps, real good traction. But from mid race on, i was prone to sudden loss of rear grip and i spun while pushing hard to catch the 2 in front losing 6th to @Ycoms. From there my pace was pretty consistent but was having to be extra careful on the power. I was wary of @Raigore behind me, he seemed similar pace at this stage. I am pleased to see the AMG in the top half of the field. I hope it is because of the patch and not just that he was out performing the car in the rain. Quiet final third of the race for me.
Pity i spun, it would have been nice to challenge for top 5 later in the race. Hopefully the McLaren will be strong at the next round and i can put in a bit more long run practice. Thanks guys for the clean racing!!(y)(y):happy:

Reactions: Nismo and hesto

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I have an announcment to make..
Yesterday, I was doing this...
01.jpg

Today morning, I got a little present from my lovely wife...
IMG_0105.JPG

Hold your hats gents, in few years, Mazy Jr. will kick our asses :D:D:D

Both wife and little boy are well and OK.

Yoohan24

Pro Karter
Jan 31, 2016
Well, that was a bit nuts.

Quali, unknown to KK was pretty damn awesome. Got an early banker lap in which put me around 10th once everyone had got their laps in, and as usual I opted to take a bit of fuel to do 5 or 6 consecutive laps, rather than 1 or 2 hot laps and return to pits. About 3 or 4 laps in, the back section of the track started to form a bit of a drying line, so I knew that was the best chance for any kind of lap to put me near the front. The lap I set pole on was alright, was up by just under a tenth in 1st sector, middle sector I was actually down by a tenth but I got some huge oversteer on the exit of long left onto the back straight as I was getting the power down which cost me there, then the final sector just beasted it and managed to put it on pole (at the time) by 2 hundredths to @SBart_uk. The next lap was going to be quicker still, but I ran wide in the final of the 3 right handers on the back section. After that, @Yoohan24 stuck it on pole and the track got wetter and wasn't able to reproduce decent lap time.

Race time! Took more fuel than was needed in my race setup with the hope for extra stability, but also actually took a different approach in terms of setup thinking about the long run. Start was good, and was able to hold 2nd into turn 1 with a decent reaction time to @Yoohan24's get away thanks to TrackIR. At the end of the first lap, @SBart_uk spun out leaving a 2-3 second gap from me back to @Vernux. From there, I knew I could just focus on @Yoohan24 infront, and pressure him for hopefully a chance for the lead. For the first 10 laps, I was right on Yoohan's rear bumper, sat in the spray, not really able to see bugger all and hoping that Yoohan was taking a good line to avoid standing water, otherwise I would have followed him straight into it. There was a couple of mistakes Yoohan made that allowed me to get up along side, and we went through a few turns alongside each other, leaving just about a cars width for both of us through the turns but alas, I was not able to make any moves stick due to the Ferrari's traction and grunt.

I then started to drop back a bit, a few mistakes of my own came in where I lost a bit of time and a few hairy moments of almost losing the car, but the gap didn't extend to much if at all over 2 seconds. Then I started reeling Yoohan in for round 2. Again, some great battling, and thank you to the back markers for staying well out of our way and not affecting either of our races, much appreciated :) Again though, I just couldn't make any moves stick, and then about 6 laps to go, I made a slight small mistake that dropped me off the back of Yoohan to just under a second. After that, I'm not entirely sure what happened. Possibly the track changed but the car just didn't feel quite as quick as it did before, and Yoohan went into 'Yoohan mode' and beasted some lap times to pull away.

I decided to settle for 2nd at that point, as I just didn't have the pace to keep up in the final few laps, and @Nismo was a safe distance behind. Best result I have had in the league, best chance of a win, and probably the best race and performance I have put in in an official league race. Extremely happy with that, as it's going to do wonders for Drivers and Team Championship.

Have to say congratulations to @Yoohan24 on a very well fought win! And thank you for keeping the race so clean and fair! Whenever we were alongside, the racing was hard but there was always a car width for the other person. Defensive moves were clear and early enough for me to read easily, and despite being just mm's away bumper to bumper a number of times, I don't think we ever touched. Also congratulations to @Nismo for picking up the final podium spot. Sounded like you had one hell of a start. Unlucky for @AndrexUK with his troubles, as he could have been on for a decent result with the M6 pace and potential for some big team points.

As for the car, the M6 is good mid corner, and through long fast sweepers. It would have done well here even in the dry, but a bit more advantage comes in the wet with the engine at the front, helping to get into the corners more. I was quite a bit quicker through the back section of the track than Yoohan because of that, as the Ferrari is mid engined so it's weight is more rewards, and the Ferrari understeers a bit, made worse by the rain too. What the Ferrrari had over me though was that weight at the rear giving it good traction. Made it so damn difficult to pass because of that, as although the stream doesn't really show it, I was struggling to get the power down properly when it was really needed to eek ahead. As for the stream, shame about the leaderboard bug, as watching it back, the stream only saw about 1 3rd of the action between me and Yoohan.

That was probably my best chance of a win, certainly this season. I doubt the M6 is going to do too well at Laguna, and the Merc is going to be mighty at Monza. Going to have to practice and work some setup magic to give the best chance of fighting near the front for those two final races.
i joined the aor for this, thanks u for that man! close racing for 40 laps in the wet WITHOUT contact within a second of eachother for most of the time:p u made me sweat for it man, and if u wanna laugh.. i streamed the whole deal and can be found on my twitch lol. im pretty sure u wanna watch that and promise me u dont laugh xD because dude u did an amazing job of the game called: putting pressure in the wet:p Congratz on yr podium and outstanding drive!

Reactions: Nismo and Yorkie065

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Congratulations to you both @Mazy CZ and Mrs Mazy CZ! No doubt the little one will bring many moments of joy and happiness.....especially on the top step of that AOR podium ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: Mazy CZ

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
Race Report!

Lets start with Qually first; dreadfull. P12.. I was so much faster in practice before quallifying and when it mattered I didn't show my pace.

Starting P12 Created a really interesting few first laps for my overtaking 9 People to P3 (Thanks @Vernux for letting me by)
Everything was clean except for the little contact between me and @Mazy CZ, Totally my bad my spotter didnt tell me you were on the rear quarterpanel and turned into you slightly. Luckely we escaped without any crash or damage.

The rest of the race was really lonely for me with @Yoohan24 and @Yorkie065 battling it out miles ahead of me I had only one task. Keep it on the island in those tricky conditions and managing the gap behind. And so I did. I Am also very happy with my last 2 laps; especially the last lap were I managed to get the fastest lap of the race. 1.31.(something) don't remember the exact number :p

I Finally managed to claim my first podium position in the GT3 Elite league and I Am really happy with that. Also I would like to give an ode to my G29, because this race was his last since I upgraded to Fanatec CSL Elite.

Massive congratulations to the other podium finishers @Yoohan24 and @Yorkie065, well done! You guys were one size to big today.

Until Next week!