Jan 12, 2014

ROUND 5 - Laguna Seca

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 6 December 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 42 Laps (1 formation lap + 41 racing laps)

● Weather Conditions:(Sync-to-race weather progression)
- Quali: Hazy
- Race: Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 6 August, 07:00
- Race start time: 6 August, 09:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rulesand regulationsof the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @rillo7105
- @hesto
- @Ycoms

Last edited:

hesto

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 31, 2017
I won't make it as well. I'll be competing in the eSports WRC grand final on thursday and will have to travel to the venue the day before.

Raigore

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 19, 2016
Interestingly enough I almost managed to match the TT time set in the Audi R8 in the AMG. I think the GT3 class balance is actually not as bad, speically after the patch. When I was happy with my setup I though I should give it a try in the GTR. Seriously how is no one driving that car? With just a few initial setup changes out of the blue I was up .2 is s1, .1 in s2 in the very first lap. Of course some of that is down to it being a turbo car at Laguna, but still there is alot of room to get that car into 22s maybe even 21s in the right hands.

Ycoms

F1 Coordinator & Rocket League Master
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Content Producer
Mar 4, 2015
I'm stuck with uni work as I need to finish a presentation until 11pm and I won't finish it within the next half an hour. Unfortunately have to sit out on this one. @AndrexUK @Nismo @Raigore

JuniorJH

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 12, 2016
Who ever was in the yellow lambo that tangled with me in the left handed after corkscrew , my spotter said I was clear. Don't know what I could have done differently there.

Jeff[NL]

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Well the benz can go F himself.... First time i ever started in back of a league. Lost almost a sec at least since patch its just stupid.

And got to ask @WarnTyre what the hell where you doing in corkscrew and corners before ??? It ruined my race and prob from Haeder aswell...

N1kmido

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Who ever was in the yellow lambo that tangled with me in the left handed after corkscrew , my spotter said I was clear. Don't know what I could have done differently there.
Yeah don´t worry. I was a bit confused when you suddenly came across to the inside mid-corner but apparently it affected your race a lot heavier than mine. :/

Col.McCoy

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 26, 2016
That was a big big pity.
I screwed up my last quali lap, before even starting it. Was creating a gap and when accelerating out of the last corner I went to far to the right and therefor the next lap was going to be invalid! I still completed the lap though and with a 23 dead it would have been 4 BMWs in the space of 5 places.... sorry for that, would have been a great view!

As for the race, since I was much further back than anticipated, I knew the pace was going to be good enough to overtake. It was very busy in the first few laps, unfortunately with that a small spin, somebody could not avoid me and aero damage was up to 15. Car was stable enough and I knew I could manage the temps as I had put the radiator relatively conservative. But yeah, race was over from that point.. was not able to do the low 24s I had for race pace and with 30 laps to go, pitting wouldn't have gotten me the time back really...

Raigore

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 19, 2016
Well the benz can go F himself.... First time i ever started in back of a league. Lost almost a sec at least since patch its just stupid.
Don't think its just the patch. If you look at qualifying and race times every NA car is basicly 1s off all the turbo cars. I noticed that yesterday when Andrex lapped me in the practice race (nice to get lapped by people I'm used to race head-to-head against btw. :rolleyes:) that the BMW was pulling about half a second just on the start finish straight... And I dont really understand why, Laguna Seca is just 200ish meters above sea level so the difference shouldnt be that significant. :unsure: @N1kmido told me he had done some testing and was down about 20hp. So yeah might be down to the track for the most part. At least we got Monza next, but having 2 races in a 6 race season where you are down 1s from the get go is pretty frustrating. @Yorkie065 would it be possible to set the restrictor per track, so that the cars get somewhat equal performance even with high altitude tracks? I think the way it is right now the GT3 cars might be balanced at "normal" tracks, for example at Catalunya the laptimes should be very close for each car, but at the turbo tracks you are just running a 2 class race, dont even want to imagine how things might be at Bathurst. I'm all in for different strenght and weaknesses but that kinda differences are just too much.

I almost set a new pb in qualifying, topping my TT time set in better conditions, so that was about 110% of what I could get in qualifying. In the race I lost alot of positions early because of some very optimistic driving by some of the guys around me that would've resultet in some incidents if I didnt back out of it. Then I had one spin early in the race that got me minor aero damage that cost me another 1s per lap and the race was basicly over. I could match the times of the group ahead but couldnt catch them with damage and lapping cars I needed to let pass.

Mazy CZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Can anyone confirm or deny if I had +38sec of penalties? I believe so. I forget to take a screenshot of the race results. If somebody cna send me thise, would be good. Thx

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 19, 2014
Can anyone confirm or deny if I had +38sec of penalties? I believe so. I forget to take a screenshot of the race results. If somebody cna send me thise, would be good. Thx
You had 38 seconds worth of penalties. I've attached a screenshot of the results here, and in fact, it shows all those who got time penalties in the race too.
AOR-LS-Results.jpg

Raigore

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 19, 2016
@Yorkie065 I noticed 1 bug with penalties, well more with the interface, when the leader finished the race you get no slow down warning, I guess because the race finish timer blocks it or something.

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well......
That one made up for the horrible Brands Hatch DNF....

Tuesday's Social run went very well for me, lapping all but P2, but there was not many of the Elite / front runners in the test race, but was still showing some potential for picking up a decent result, and by decent (for me) I was looking for about 8th - 10th.

Qually went ok, with slowly nudging the time down on my first few banker laps, and put her in 11th on the grid. Quite happy with that (I never do well in Qually, mainly because I never practice it - I spend more time on my race setup).
I felt ppl would have issues with going off the track here and there, so I was hopeful for my goal of around 8/10th.
Managed to gain a spot into turn 1 I think, and was following @Yorkie065 for a lap or two, but he got a slight squeeze off the track, so picked up a warning, and had to slow down to avoid the penalty. So took his position.
Don't really remember too much of the first 10 laps, but I was still finding my pace, and was behind @Tipple 's lovely Falken M6.
But he picked up a warning on the fast left hander before the corkscrew, so he gifted me his spot as well.
@Vernux spun up ahead, so took his spot
Was about 5th now, and noticed I was slowly catching Jaaaames's Blue Ferrari.
Caught up to him, and managed to get passed him on an undercut. But very fair driving in defending your position!
4th...
Was very slowly catching @SBart_uk (STU) ahead, and there was a chance I would be on him towards the end, but hadn't really thought that far ahead. however, he went a little wide on the 2nd last corner, and the evil Curb caused lack of grip, and a spinning McLaren.
(I really don't like that Curb, as in Season 5, Khaki spun it there while challenging for the win, and when he rejoined, he spun again right into my path, and wrecked my car.. So I know it's a nasty piece of track!) Was unlucky for STU, as he was having a solid race.

3rd?????
Had a little scare when I looked at my fuel with about 6 laps to go, and decided to play safe and conserve fuel, as I had a decent gap to 4th
Then I realized I wasn't using as much fuel as my head was telling me, so I would have been more than fine anyway, so picked up a little bit of pace again, but there was no chance of catching P2 (although he did have a couple of issues on the last couple of laps, and the gap dropped from 13s to about 5.

I was in the right places at the right time, in terms of ppl picking up warning / spinning off in front of me. But I drove as well as I ever could, and the ties / brakes / engine temps were all sitting perfectly. And I had the pace to get past a few fast guys!

The M6 was certainly going well, and to grab a podium myself after Yorkie getting 2 in a row is very satisfying!

Now, in terms of the in-game penalties?
Well....now we are getting somewhere!
I think the penalties are a little too harsh atm (yeah, not something I thought I would ever say!!!!!!!!!)
But..... It really makes you stay in the lines, as the risk is not worth the reward. And to be frank, that can only be a good thing!
A little strange that when everyone really has to change their driving to stay in the limits, I suddenly do well? (Thanks SMS, £ is in the post! :p )
I'm not putting my result purely to that, everything went perfect for me! BUT, I did gain from ppl picking up warnings (as did others as well!)
Watch me fall from grace at Monza....

So yes, while they are a little harsh, it really is a good deterrent to driving riiiiight on the limit, and now you guys have to drive a bit more like me! HAAAAAA :D

Grats to @Vernux for a well deserved Title! Fast and Clean! My kind of Champion!
Looking good for the M6 to take 2nd in the driver championship, and 2nd in the team championship too!

Last edited: