PC - AOR GT3 Elite - R8: Silverstone GP 17/05/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Elite - R8: Silverstone GP 17/05/2017 @ 7:45pm

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 8 - Silverstone GP
GT3 - Season 7

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 17th May 2017
Lobby opens: 7:30pm (UK time)
Event starts: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 39 Laps (1 formation lap + 38 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slot:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 23:00
- Race start time: 23:00
- Race finish time: 01:30

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure exactly where on track these points are located, check the track map here.

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Reactions: rillo7105

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well, here we are again. Race night! Who is ready to tackle silverstone in the dark!? I'm not :D

Soulah

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 1, 2016
I have a problem with my pedals, I have T3PA pedals and on the connector there's something which makes sure it doesn't come out when it's connected. Well that has almost broken off and the cable moves freely so I'm scared that it will disconnect during racing. Yesterday when I did the social nothing had happened. So I have to pray that nothing touches the cable. Anybody knows a solution?

IMG_20170517_120514.jpg

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Hi guys!
Unfortunately I wont be able to race tonight, hope you have a fun race tonight! :)

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Well that was an utter sh*tshow.

Qualified in 12th, did a decent lap, maybe a little quicker but it wouldn't have changed anything.

Race started off well, got into a nice rhythm, was pulling away from 12th and keeping up with @Jeff[NL] (relatively speaking, I suspect he had damage :D). A few laps before I was due to pit, I decided that the race was not exciting enough and it needed a spin. I lost a position to @Brandarous but carried on after the pits to try and catch him, I got the gap down to like 4.6 I think at it's minimum, but made a few small minor mistakes and it went back up to about 6/7.

I then decided to donkeypunch the wall before Maggot's and Beckett's, had some suspension damage but decided to stay out, was passed by @AndrexUK and @Hetharion who were squabbling, tried to stay on the back of these guys but the damage was a nightmare, when I got past @Hetharion I spent a good few laps behind @AndrexUK until I spun (again). Car was feeling worse with the tyre wear and so I decided to try and nurse it home best I could.

Reactions: AndrexUK

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
congratz to podium drivers.
great presentation from @FisiFan91's stream.i watched it.
and thanks to all other friends.
qualify: 14th
finished: I retired from race it was 33 or 34 laps.after huge hit the wall:).i lost tyres,motor etc, even hits im really enjoyed. especially first 5-6 laps. @AndrexUK , @Hetharion , @Brandarous and @Perry Grondstra.we had nice battle all 7 laps.
then i made a mistake.i totally forgot effect of lifting after the brake and i went to wall.i laughed myself.it was a rookie mistake.i had early pitstop.i decide to change tyres and no pit again until end of the race.30 laps to go.after pit, i had strong pace,but i made amistake at the same area and i hit again same wall :).i felt in love with walls yesterday.after some laps i was forced to pit again and again and my race finished.but totally it was fun race.
cya next week guys .

Reactions: FisiFan91 and Def

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@Soulah
It might be worth putting on a new connector!
It looks like RJ45 (same as an ethernet connector)?

You can purchase connectors, and a 'Crimping tool' and put on the new connector.
Most decent IT shops should stock them both.

RJ45 Crimp Tool: From Screwfix Direct (UK, but you get the idea)
RJ45 connectors: From Screwfix Direct

Not too costly, just need to copy the colours of how they currently connect. (When you chop the current connector off, it will keep the coloured cables in place, so you can just copy that, but I'd advise to maybe take a photo, just in case!

Sorry, didn't see this post till today :(

• Friendly
Reactions: Soulah

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Degrade me to the Rookie league please! :grumpy:

Q: Was ok P10 with a new PB and the car felt good.

R: Lost one place to Klaassens but it wasn't a big deal.. usually i'm too careful and cautious at the start so i was happy to be en P11 after the first lap. Unfortunately on the second lap i touched the inside curb at turn 3 and spun in the grass making a nice piruett ending up in last. After that i just couldn't get in to a good pace, think my setup wasn't good the race so i tried to recover the best i could.
During the pitstop i made some changes to the tyre pressure but somehow i also managed to change to the Medium compound instead.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sad to hear that more drivers are dropping in middle of the season and only couple of races to go.

See you next week..

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Watched the stream and oh my! There were some insane battles in there, some even going til the finish line :woot:

Congrats to the new GT3 Champion @C. Tscharf since I placed a bet on you, you never failed me (@The Genius :sneaky:). I remember one time I practiced with you at Dubai, when you were on XB1 still, you already had the tenths I spent hours finding but I had no idea you were a champion in the making. Obviously less competition now than at the start of the season, but I'm not sure it would've changed anything such is your dominance! :happy:

Thoroughly enjoyed the light banter going on courtesy of @StevieSQ and @FisiFan91 that was an allround great performance in the commentary box. As for the on-track action... Thanks to you Elite chaps (y)

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Xanon91 looks to be dropping as per his post
:(

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
This season is developing like my usual driving on track: A lot better in the 2nd half.

I put in a lot of hours for this one. I never really been good at Silverstone so it was much needed. At the social i was testing an aggressive variant of @C. Tscharf setup. I never really got it to work and i had 5-6 spins. On race day i had a day off from work thanks to the norwegian national day. Instead of watching parade, eating ice cream and enjoying the day with the family i was stuck at the pc to prepare for Silverstone. That cost me some flowers on the home front, but it was well worth it. :D

I really got the setup dialed in thanks to good sparring with @C. Tscharf and @Vernux and it worked perfectly. Almost PB in qualifying and not a single mistake in the race!

In the 1st stint i had @Vernux on my tail and from the practice i knew he probably had the pace on me, so i decided to let him go, so he could put some pressure on @Hideaki as i was struggling to put in a proper attack and lost to much time trying to defend. It did not really work at first, as @Vernux could not close the gap. Luckily for us @Hideaki spun to the wall and it was now a direct duel with my sparring partner @Vernux for 2nd.

I knew he probably had me on pure pace but i had my hopes to beat him on stability and better tire management. It worked precisely liked that when i made a succesful undercut to get pass. He gained a tiny bit on the clean laps, but then lost a bit due to mistakes. I ran lap after lap within tenths and focused fully on being smooth. Thats what gave me 2nd in the end.

Real shame to see @Hideaki falling further behind as i think he fully deserves to be in that season battle for overall 2nd. But now it seems to be down to a 2-horse race between @GodfatherofShift and me. I think the tracks probably favor the Z4, but they are both among my favorites and i had some great results there in the past seasons. Really looking forward to this finale.

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Now my wheel problem went other way round - ration was really short. I over turn few corners on every lap - luckily spun only couple of time.