- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 37 Laps

In-game time-of-day information (x10 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 06:00
- Anticipated race start time: 09:20
- Anticipated race finish time: 19:20

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the x10 time progression and that we have changed the tyre wear setting to Real.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed Absences: @Steve Freeman

Last edited:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
My home circuit, I absolutely love this track, it's such great fun to drive. :D

tam french

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2015
Think this track Is gonna be more of a struggle for Mercedes, any practice times for me to aim for??

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Well I done a 27.6, dunno if that is good or bad, I'm topping out at 150mph in 5th gear at the longest straight on the run to the chicane lol

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
overtaking round this track will be non existent unless you make a mistake
And this is a proper circuit, with grass and gravel, so if you make a mistake, you're losing time.

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
27.4 after a few laps. Very difficult track to link up properly.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438880260][/DOUBLEPOST]
And this is a proper circuit, with grass and gravel, so if you make a mistake, you're losing time.
I do fear that I might break it here. My prediction is at the bridge after the old hairpin ala Nigel Mansell.

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
overtaking round this track will be non existent unless you make a mistake
then you need to improve on your race craft lol theres more than enough places for overtaking, its just you have to set up the move a few corners ahead rather than just chucking it down the inside. im really looking forward to this, done a 27.6+ doing a few laps just to get a feel with the aston i should be able to make it into the 26s with a bit of setup tweaking and sorting out driving lines.

stevie i should also be leaving your rear end alone this race. im hoping to be ahead of you this time rather than stuck behind XD

• Optimistic
Reactions: Stevie

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
bullet please explain to me how its dumb?? youre complaining about not being able to overtake at this track which is wrong. T1,T6or7 (before the double right hander, which i personally think is an overtaking spot), you can overtake going into the chicane and at both hairpins as well. a track that we wont be able to overtake on?? i doubt it

T6 BULLET

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
what i mean is that overtaking is completely different as there are no straights long enough to draft like round 1 to get alongside to overtake. this won't happen here so overtaking will happen from someone getting the corner before not quite right, and the person behind getting it completely right resulting in really a mistake pass, unforced error. hope that makes sense.

• Informative
Reactions: thelivingdead69

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
yeah i get that but that doesnt mean there wont be any overtaking. as i said in the previous post its a track where you have to set up an overtake 2/3/4 corners in advance. means you have to work a bit harder for it but thats what i love!!

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Right, don't take this the wrong way team, but after Round 1's Merc annihilation I decided to test that car, and within 7 laps I hit a 37.6 round Hockenhiem. I thought that was a fluke so took it round Donington and hit a 26.6... Now that I know it's not a fluke I am rather annoyed that the Merc is so much better than the other cars. I will never get close to those laps in my Mclaren but I could probably go even faster if I had the Merc.

Just ranting away but the point stands. The Merc is OP. No way around. There is simply no coincidence that I've easily beaten my times round both tracks in that car with very limited driving time in it (One 15 minute session on each of the above circuits)

tam french

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2015
Right, don't take this the wrong way team, but after Round 1's Merc annihilation I decided to test that car, and within 7 laps I hit a 37.6 round Hockenhiem. I thought that was a fluke so took it round Donington and hit a 26.6... Now that I know it's not a fluke I am rather annoyed that the Merc is so much better than the other cars. I will never get close to those laps in my Mclaren but I could probably go even faster if I had the Merc.

Just ranting away but the point stands. The Merc is OP. No way around. There is simply no coincidence that I've easily beaten my times round both tracks in that car with very limited driving time in it (One 15 minute session on each of the above circuits)
Why didn't you choose it then?? You were in the top 4, :)

• Agree
Reactions: thelivingdead69

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014

i dont think its as OP as you think, throughout last season me and atticus were pretty much doing the same lap times give or take a few tenths. i will admit this was before the patch (you never know it could have changed something!) now, with me knowing this, id say hes only got faster due to him getting more used to the car and not the car being so OP.

THIS is the wonder of GT racing!! atticus couldnt get anywhere near me through the tight twisting sections of the nurburgring when we raced there last season (and was on the same tyres) but down the straights the SLS just pissed all over the mclaren. i think rather than moan about the SLS (which i do understand jordan, theres not much fun in it if you see the same car sod off into the distance) we should just carry on with our own cars and develop our setups and strategies so that 1) with setup help we can get within race distance of them and 2) make sure were in a position to pick up the pieces when they make mistakes.

if im honest, i HATE the aston. doesnt suit my driving style and i find the rear end EXTREMELY loose, but ive decided to stick it out and make the best of it. because of chasing you around at one point at hockenhiem i know this HAS the pace, the skill is whether I can get THAT PACE out of it consistently

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Why didn't you choose it then?? You were in the top 4, :)
This was because no one thought the merc was good, I tried it and it was average at best, Then we looked at TT leaderboards after race 1, It's beating the bentley on them all which is banned for being too op in the straights with a top speed of 170 lol, Merc is 3 secs a lap faster round Monza without a setup than a Z4 with a setup... I rest my case.

@thelivingdead69 This was before Atticus had the setup he has, Feel free to try it out and then come back, trust me though, the setup can be found here. There is one change that Tam and Atticus made and they have 0-11 on Aero I believe. http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/228275517 It's about as OP as the UMP on MW2 (For anyone reading and thinking "What is that" It's the most OP gun in CoD history)

tam french

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2015
This was because no one thought the merc was good, I tried it and it was average at best, Then we looked at TT leaderboards after race 1, It's beating the bentley on them all which is banned for being too op in the straights with a top speed of 170 lol, Merc is 3 secs a lap faster round Monza without a setup than a Z4 with a setup... I rest my case.
I tested All cars and chose Merc, in regards to your "no one thought the Merc was good" that's everyones fault for not giving it a chance,

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I tested All cars and chose Merc, in regards to your "no one thought the Merc was good" that's everyones fault for not giving it a chance,
I gave it a chance, I'm not bashing it, It's a generally solid car, i tested every car thouroughly prior to last season which is why i was in the BMW, And I used that knowledge to pick the Aston this year as it has the best Top speed at 193mph on Mulsanne, 180+ At Monza too, I think they buffed the Merc in the last patch as I drove it the other day and it has an acceleration mod haha

tam french

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2015
I gave it a chance, I'm not bashing it, It's a generally solid car, i tested every car thouroughly prior to last season which is why i was in the BMW, And I used that knowledge to pick the Aston this year as it has the best Top speed at 193mph on Mulsanne, 180+ At Monza too, I think they buffed the Merc in the last patch as I drove it the other day and it has an acceleration mod haha
No one gave the Merc a chance last season, BMW was the op car last season, now it isn't as effective, with the higher speed, long straight tracks this season :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1439298346][/DOUBLEPOST]

@thelivingdead69 This was before Atticus had the setup he has, Feel free to try it out and then come back, trust me though, the setup can be found here. There is one change that Tam and Atticus made and they have 0-11 on Aero I believe. http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/228275517 It's about as OP as the UMP on MW2 (For anyone reading and thinking "What is that" It's the most OP gun in CoD history)
How do you know what setup we running?? And changes I made lol :(