PS4 - AOR GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Spa Francorchamps - 10/06/15 @8:15pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Spa Francorchamps - 10/06/15 @8:15pm

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Round 2 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
GT3 Season 1

Race Information:
Date: Wednesday 10th June 2015
Lobby opens: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:15pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 25 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Tyre wear: Note that tyre wear is set to "x7" with the intention to spice up the strategy element of the races, where drivers may go for different tyre compounds and one or even two pit-stops may be needed, depending on drivers' ability to look after their tyres. This gives the racing more of an "endurance" feel, despite the race only lasting for about an hour. And remember; it's the same for everyone!

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed Absences:

• Kiz41 - holiday(Florida)
  • Kieran470 - family

Last edited:

Drastics

2-time AOR PS4 GT3 Elite Champion
May 6, 2015
I think it's going to be a lot closer around here than it was at road america :)

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
You say that but i'm a country mile of that sort of time :(. I really struggle setting up a car at the minute. I have spent all week watching YouTube videos with only a little success on track. Anyone got any tips/tricks they would like to share with a back marker? ;-)

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
You say that but i'm a country mile of that sort of time :(. I really struggle setting up a car at the minute. I have spent all week watching YouTube videos with only a little success on track. Anyone got any tips/tricks they would like to share with a back marker? ;-)
the most frustrating part it that it looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooo f*cking easy in his vid's.....and when I watch it it seems like I do everything exactly the same but still my best is over 2 seconds down on that time...I really need to figure out what I am doing wrong with those GT3 cars :)

• Agree
Reactions: Bluerat

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Watching videos is always misleading because it always makes the driving look smoother. For example on that lap i was on the absolute limit through the last chicane, on the vid all you see is a slight correction on the way out but the rear was light all the way through both parts of the chicane.

Also i think there are about 20 corners at Spa, if you lose 1 tenth in every corner that equals 2 seconds over the lap. So naturally if you were to lose a tenth a corner that is impossible to see in a video because it's just going to look pretty much identical. I think vids help with comparing driving lines but that is about it.

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I haven't done as much practice as I should of done, this will be a character building exercise again!

Daryl.Ferrari

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 11, 2015
Guys i really have a problem. Help please! I wanted to test my pit strategy as follows; i started a quick race weekend with 5 m warmup and race only. I made everything in the pit strategy as my preference. But when i come in after 4 laps he gives me the fuel i started with again. I pressed close as soon as i entry the pit lane as Lorrentz said. But still it doesnt work. I also cannot drop the amount of fuel in my pit strategy window below the amount i start with. Please someone help me with this bullshit..

SamH95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 24, 2014
I should be able to make tonight but the fam and i are going out for meal now but i should be back before quarter past 8, just to let you all know

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Daryl.Ferrari

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 11, 2015
Okay that didnt last long. I got beated out of the track somehow by Antonios. Really wonder what he did there... Got suspension damage not going to continue like this. The time i lost incl the pit stop that i would need to make will leave me 1 minute behind. Well i dont want to judge or something but i better hope that wasnt for nothing cuz i have no clue what happened. All the effort and time for 3 corners.

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Quite how I got 4th in that race I'll never know!:whistle:

Walsh: I would like help with setups for the next few rounds please?;)

SamH95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 24, 2014
Did anyone else have cars glitching everywhere from lap 14? It was so damn annoying! But yh, dreadful start (reaction of a sloth) from 7th to 10th but battled up to 3rd! Epic first Project Cars league race, thanks guys. P.s. superscrub, at the final sector, what happened to you because i was fighting with you and nervo and you crashed? o_O

• Agree
Reactions: ANTONIOS1978