XB1 - AOR GT3 Elite Round 5 Circuit de Catalunya GP - 2/9/2015 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 Elite Round 5 Circuit de Catalunya GP - 2/9/2015 8pm

Chris Starsmore

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 28, 2015
It must be private or something as I do not have the option to join. Anybody else getting the same?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I'll set up a new one now, just mis-pressed trying to invite you and started a new game.

30 minutes practice coming up

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
2nd Place :)

Stayed out as I was 2nd last by 10 seconds, and was still lapping in the low 45's at half distance, so decided I had nothing to lose. If it wasn't for a half spin that cost me 7 seconds I'd have won it, but if you'd offered me a 2nd at the start of the race I'd have taken your hand off.

Grats @blizzardwizard on the win and @tam french on the 3rd

Reactions: blizzardwizard

Smifficle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2015
Qualified 5th not bad considering how close I was to Blizzard

The race
Good start kept 5th and I was keeping the pace to blizzard. T6 Bullet got past and on lap 5 I spun the car on entry at turn 7, someone hit me and caused me damage so I had to pit..... I was consistent and caught stevie, on 10 lap older tyres that had worn a lot, and spun again which was frustrating.

The best bit was me catching the kerb and it was flying me in the air YET AGAIN for the second time this season losing 30+ seconds in the process.

I'm really looking forward to the end of the season so I don't have to fly up on a kerb ever again and drive this car.

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
why the **** was my pit stop so much slower than all the others? I took on 44l and had 3l left when I finished the race

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The joys of the Elite league, I do my absolute best ever lap in qualifying, a 44.8! My best by 3 tenths, I'm 0.04 off the season 1 champion and I'm still friggin' 9th!

A race of two halves for me, first half was good, was holding @TroyzeH up for a long time but I fell off the circuit at that stupid faffy Turn 11, that kerb's been a git all week. I got a cut-track penalty so he got passed.

I then had a half spin at Turn 9 the next lap, and something else happened the lap after but I can't remember what.

My driving wasn't great in that, in the second stint my pace matched Troy's pace, so without the mistakes I could've been so much closer.

Held off @Smifficle towards the end, he was catching me but he spun and then had another weird glitch thing. Gutted about that because I was hoping we could have a battle.

Good news is McLaren now lead the constructors.

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
why the **** was my pit stop so much slower than all the others? I took on 44l and had 3l left when I finished the race
Taking fuel on takes a number of seconds, and there is a pause between taking fuel before it starts changing tyres. I'm fairly sure Bullet or Tam French didn't take fuel on. It saves you about five seconds or so not taking fuel, but the penalty is you have to start on heavy fuel..

• Informative
Reactions: Leoobot

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Flying BMW
We're having that a lot (me especially :cry:) in the PC Elite league and the best idea we've come up with is to reset your car as quickly as you can. Just gotta hope that SMS fix it sooner rather than later!

• Informative
Reactions: Smifficle

tam french

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2015
Taking fuel on takes a number of seconds, and there is a pause between taking fuel before it starts changing tyres. I'm fairly sure Bullet or Tam French didn't take fuel on. It saves you about five seconds or so not taking fuel, but the penalty is you have to start on heavy fuel..
Yip I always start on full race fuel, quicker pit stop , not bad race for me, spun 2 times at chicane, and had an incident with leoobot causing me to get 5 sec pen, other than thst had a good race, battled with bullet for a good few laps, was
Mostly in high 1:44s, low 1:45s all through the race, tyres were fine aswell, congratulations too Blizzard and Jordan on 1st and 2 :)

Reactions: JordanMcGonigal

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I finished 5th, but I don't care because...

I Saw Valentino Rossi win a MotoGP race with my own eyes.