XB1 - AOR GT3 Elite - Round 6 Silverstone - 8/7/2015 @ 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 Elite - Round 6 Silverstone - 8/7/2015 @ 8pm

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Round 6 - Silverstone GP
GT3 Season 1

Race Information:
Date: Wednesday 8th July 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 28 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Tyre wear: Note that tyre wear is set to "x7" with the intention to spice up the strategy element of the races, where drivers may go for different tyre compounds and one or even two pit-stops may be needed, depending on drivers' ability to look after their tyres. This gives the racing more of an "endurance" feel, despite the race only lasting for about an hour. And remember; it's the same for everyone!

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Absences: @tam french

Last edited:

FREAK5TER

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 12, 2015
Done a 59.9 what's everyone else done?
I aint had chance yet mate to have a blast, looks like it'll prob be mon night before i get some laps in.
Was ya 59.9's in race trim or quali fuel? (just a good gauge for me when i get to do some laps).

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Having spent all weekend staring at this circuit, you would have thought that I would have picked up some tips, you'd be wrong ;)

Reactions: FREAK5TER

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
GUYS I JUST DID A 2 minute flat! I cut the final chicane though :(

I'm really starting to question my sanity a little. I can't tell whether it's my driving, the car's just a pile of poo or it's all in the setup or a combination of both.

I drive what I feel is a really good lap yet the car doesn't reward me with the lap-time to go with it. I try various things with setup (Of which I understand very little) and the times don't change.

I started off well, in Road America I was 2 seconds off the pace, but I still felt competitive in the race, battling with people throughout and could've had a podium had the pit-stops not screwed me, but finished 4th on merit.

I felt even more competitive in Spa, 1.8 off the pace, made my way up to third on track, but then running the wrong strategy and coming home in 5th, with my fastest lap being just 0.4 off the absolute quickest.

Watkins Glen was bad. All my doing admittedly. Despite being just 1.1 second off the pace in qualifying, my closest yet, I drove really poorly, I crashed twice and my race pace was poor. A lot of people had issues with the game which in turn gifted me a podium finish.

Nurburgring was where the problems really began. 2.4 seconds off the pace in qualifying and my fastest lap in the race was 2.7 off the next fastest. I spent the entire race at the back. I was so much slower than everyone else. A 2.01 was my fastest in the race, in the social we did pre-season I was consistently in the 1:57's.

Brno was the same, I was once again way off the pace. 4 seconds almost. It's so depressing when I don't know what I'm doing wrong or where I can even begin. I wouldn't mind, but again, I don't know where I'm losing that sort of time. If I was running wide everywhere and missing 80% of the apexes, I could understand. But I'm driving as fast as I possibly can and still losing out massively.

At Silverstone, if what @JordanMcGonigal has said is true, about being in the 1:59's in quali pace, then I'm again about 3 seconds off the pace, if that's a trick and it's really race pace, then I'm going to once again spend all race at the back :(

I currently sit second in the championship. Rounds 1 and 2 I think are deserving positions. 3 and 4 I've just lucked into thanks to many DNFs. I finished 3rd in Brno, but only because 3 people were racing, when we re-run this race (see here) I'm expecting nothing like that position.

I wouldn't mind so much if other people were struggling, but they aren't. I sit there and spend an hour, driving around on my own at the back.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Drivers Championship Standing Update Between @T6 BULLET and @Steve Freeman.

The two main championship protagonists, @T6 BULLET and @Steve Freeman currently sit 1st and 3rd respectively in the standings.

If @T6 BULLET scores a 3rd or higher at Silverstone, he will take the championship, even if @Steve Freeman wins the two remaining races.

I currently sit 2nd in the standings, and if I win the next two races, @T6 BULLET needs to score at least 54 points, so a second and a fourth would suffice, but let's be realistic, unless it's a chaotic race, I'm unlikely to be on the podium for either of the last two races, let alone winning them.

The top 6 drivers have a shot at the title, but need a lot of luck, some disconnections and a miracle to take the title.

That spoiler will show what @T6 BULLET needs to do to take the Driver's title.

Manufacturer's Championship Update between BMW and Audi.

With 93 points on offer, and 88 points the gap between the two German manufacturers, if BMW score more than 6 points in Silverstone, they will take the Manufacturer's title

That spoiler will show what BMW need to do take secure the Manufacturer's Championship

FREAK5TER

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 12, 2015
Nowhere near @JordanMcGonigal pace for me, mid 2:00 is best quali for me, thought the Aston would be better around the mighty Silvertone, or maybe it's me.... Looking like it's going to be close midfield.