XB1 - AOR GT3 Elite Round 7 Sonoma Raceway GP - 16/9/2015 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 Elite Round 7 Sonoma Raceway GP - 16/9/2015 8pm

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
im struggling to get into the 29s!! can do low 30's but struggling to get the aston round under that!! hopefully race pace will help me

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
If I don't crash I'll be well happy. Also I've literally injured my braking leg, pretty badly so I'll be in quite a bit of pain during the race tonight :(

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
That lap in qualifying was quite possibly the best lap I've ever driven, on anything. I nailed it. I improved on my best by a second. P3 on the grid would have been my best grid position ever in GT3's. For once I'd out-qualified my team-mates, I wasn't at the back, I wasn't making up the numbers in qualifying like I usually am. I wasn't going to get involved in the usual mid-pack craziness at the start. I was buzzing.

All for my game to crash in warm-up.

I cannot truly express my disappointment.

Res F1 Italian

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Jan 31, 2015
thanks for ruining my race is damaging my car at the first corner, now on I will not raise your foot at the first corner

Smifficle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2015
Unbelievable Unbelievable race....... Don't know why I seem to love American tracks

Quali - Got pole by 500s I believe, I could have done a little better maybe could have sneaked into 28s with the perfect lap!

Race - Kept 1st, with @Leoobot behind. He put me pressure and obviously I've said before my confidence in the car isn't great so I wasn't expecting to still be ahead of him at lap 18 when he pitted. I pitted 2 laps later and I managed to stay ahead. He really put me under a load of pressure in the second stint with it being less than a second for quite a few laps. Thankfully he made a couple of mistakes, then I knew I had to drive sensible and bring it home.... Thankfully I did in one piece.

For one the car felt very stable maybe because of the lack of bumps and it felt solid under braking. If the car feels like this for the remainder of the season, I think more good results will come

Reactions: blizzardwizard

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Don't think so, seemed to be a bit of a skirmish at the first corner, but that's probably expected. There wasn't a car with three wheels in the middle of the track, I can gladly say.
Who was involved at T1?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
No idea, was behind me, and as I said, no one went massively off I think, just bumping and banging. I would refer to replay but I got the ol' 'failed to save data' message again, as always.
Get deleting it.

Cheers for the info.

Chris Starsmore

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 28, 2015
I did not lag into anyone so that is 100% successful race for me. At such a cool looking track at night as well. Literally after turn two you cannot seeing anything until you get to the bottom of that long downhill left turn. No pit stop needed as I some how managed to keep the tires in good condition. My only failing was running over the lines and getting a five second penalty. Thought I was going to get fifth but was caught with five laps to go by @Troyfmcg and @thelivingdead69. A very fun race to be a part of. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1442442446][/DOUBLEPOST]I was behind everyone at the first turn and I could see nothing major. Just usually rubbing and such. Clean get away really considering the first few turns.

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
thanks for ruining my race is damaging my car at the first corner, now on I will not raise your foot at the first corner
Sorry about nudging into the barrier at the last hairpin, locked up the brakes and it was either run into the back of you or move to the inside and try and avoid you. Was kinda hoping you notice I'd messed up and let me just fly by on the inside and switch back on me and drive off but I guess it happened to fast. A race to forget for me changed setup in war, up and it screwed with my consistency glad I climbed back to 5th at least