XB1 - AOR GT3 Elite Round 8 Silverstone GP - 23/9/2015 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 Elite Round 8 Silverstone GP - 23/9/2015 8pm

T6 BULLET

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Unbelievable you guys select a host with a one bar. The championship is completly out of reach now so pretty much no point in racing the last two rounds for me, especially not if Freakster is gonna host.
change of host was not needed

my controller disconnected twice then wouldn't respond when it connected, cheers for the season guys won't be at the next race as I'm away and imola is a shambles of a track don't who decided that track was fit for purpose after driving it. so won't be there.

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
'Host migration failed'. Nowt to do with me this time, disconnected at the same time as a few others. Don't think the host should've changed tbh... Led from start to finish, unless I crashed I was gonna win easy. OH WELL.

Congrats on the title @Smifficle

Res F1 Italian

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Jan 31, 2015
remount from last place to third place is I get disconnected, luck hates me

Last edited:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Unbelievable you guys select a host with a one bar. The championship is completly out of reach now so pretty much no point in racing the last two rounds for me, especially not if Freakster is gonna host.
You were the only one having issues. Thelivingdead will be hosting the remaining rounds he attends.

I had issues with connection in Monza when thelivingdead was hosting, so we shouldn't use him either that basis. We'll use tld and see how it goes.

As for not racing because you feel you can't reach the title is quite frankly an immature attitude to take. You cannot win every race and you cannot win every title. Everyone has issues across the season and if everyone had that attitude then what's the point in racing?

It's unfortunate what happened to you, and hopefully you won't have issues again.

change of host was not needed

my controller disconnected twice then wouldn't respond when it connected, cheers for the season guys won't be at the next race as I'm away and imola is a shambles of a track don't who decided that track was fit for purpose after driving it. so won't be there.
Not turning up to an event because you don't like the circuit is not a good enough excuse not to turn up to a league race. You saw the calender when signing up and you signed up in the knowledge that Imola was included.

T6 BULLET

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
You were the only one having issues. Thelivingdead will be hosting the remaining rounds he attends.

I had issues with connection in Monza when thelivingdead was hosting, so we shouldn't use him either that basis. We'll use tld and see how it goes.

As for not racing because you feel you can't reach the title is quite frankly an immature attitude to take. You cannot win every race and you cannot win every title. Everyone has issues across the season and if everyone had that attitude then what's the point in racing?

It's unfortunate what happened to you, and hopefully you won't have issues again.

Not turning up to an event because you don't like the circuit is not a good enough excuse not to turn up to a league race. You saw the calender when signing up and you signed up in the knowledge that Imola was included.
I'm busy that week got to water the grass as think that could be more intresting, but seriously i am away

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014

I wasn't really serious about not taking part in the last rounds, I'm not that bad of a loser. Was just really dissapointed as I had put quite a lot of practice in, felt good around here and felt I still had a little chance of the title. But as you said many have had problems with disconnections this season, that's how it goes sometimes, just unfortunate.

Reactions: Stevie

Smifficle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2015
Obviously a win is a win but @blizzardwizard deserved to win he was leading quite comfortably and it's a shame because we was going to bring a big haul of points in for the constructors.

Quali - 2nd, wasn't bad although I though my 1.59.5 was going to be pole but wasn't going to get a 1.59.3 which what was blizzard did.

Race - Got a better launch than Blizzard but had to back off into turn 1. Tam was all over me and we had a little scrap, we exchanged positions and then he passed me before copse but he went off and I got 2nd back. I was just extending the gap to T6 Bullet until the pit stops, I think the gap was 13/14 seconds when I pitted. I came back out in 2nd place after the pitstops and was around 8 seconds behind Blizzard when he disconnected.
As I've said above he deserved to win and obviously it's a shame because he thinks his chances of winning the title is all over, considering he's hasn't finished three races through no fault of his own and is only 47 points behind really he deserves to be the champion of this season.
Anyway enough of bigging him up, I just took it easy after that because the gap was quite big to Tam and took the chequered flag by 17 seconds.

@blizzardwizard Don't give up just yet - you have the pace to win this title, anything can happen, just ask Kimi Raikkonen in 2007!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevie

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
@blizzardwizard Don't give up just yet - you have the pace to win this title, anything can happen, just ask Kimi Raikkonen in 2007!
Unless your internet suddenly turns dodgy I've got no chance!! ;)

I'm awful around Imola, so my hopes are to try and win Zhuhai, never raced round there so dunno what fast times are.

Will give it a go though!

tam french

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2015
Qualified 3rd, had a battle with smifficle, got past, but after think I was clear, I cut back in and touched his front bumper with my rear, causing me to run well wide and lose a few places,then spun off the kerb a few corners later, was down to last, had a good battle with resi Italian for a good few laps. Up to 5th before Pitstop I think. Then on entry into pits caught grass and nearly hit wall in reverse, come out with resi still behind as he pitted same lap, with Steve a little infront, Battled with him pretty much the next 6-7 laps, until I eventually got clear and pulled a few tenths a Lap, happy with 2nd, pitty it was smifficle that won, bigger lead in title race. Still in the hunt, which is okay, since I missed the last 2 rounds,

Congrats @Smifficle

FREAK5TER

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 12, 2015
This game online is rubbish... Doesn't matter Who is host someone always has issues, we all get frustrated as we all put time in practising, it is hard to stay positive...

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Finally!

After the back of those awful past two events, especially at Sonoma where I felt I could've had a good result.

I'm so happy to have finished a race AND to have had a good result! :D

Qualifying was typically GT3 Elite, I do the best I've done all week, a tenth up on what I've done previously and I'm still 10th (After TLD69's disconnection). Qualified 10th, started 11th after some mad hacks from @thelivingdead69.

Made up a few places due to other people's mistakes, first real obstacle was @JordanMcGonigal, I felt I was a little quicker than him and after following him around for a few laps and a few failed attempts to get close, I had a run through Turns 1/2/3 which I seemed to have a really good pace through. He defended into T2, I went to the outside and jumped up the inside for T3, it was nice, fair racing and I got the move done.

Next up the road was @T6 BULLET, I caught him steadily and only had one half-hearted lunge into Stowe. I, again, felt faster than him and decided to do the opposite to him when it came to strategy. Lap 12, he pitted, I stayed out and pushed like hell. Had tam behind me, who was starting to pressure me and I was hoping he wasn't going to battle me. Thankfully he made a slight mistake for the braking for T3, giving me a little breathing space. The in-lap was awesome and I came out 2 seconds clear of @thelivingdead69 and @T6 BULLET.

I then fought like mad with @tam french for what felt like a life-time. It was such a great hard-fight. I had like 20 seconds back to 4th so had no reason not to fight. It was a case of 'when' not 'if', but I tried my damnedest to hold him off but I knew eventually he'd get through. When he passed me I stuck with him for a couple of laps before falling back. I maintained decent pace, hoping he'd make a mistake until the final lap, where I backed off. I just wanted to get the position.

Mega happy with tonight.
So happy I finally beat Chris in a race, on track! Even though he disconnected, I was still ahead.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

Standings updated btw. :)