AOR GT3 Leagues - Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 Leagues - Feedback Thread

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Hey chaps, so we're part way through Season 6, so I'd like to get an idea on what you guys think so far and what changes (If any) you'd like to see implemented going forward.

This is purely to gather a bit of feedback so don't take anything suggested that it will definitely be introduced.

The plan is to go back to a minimum of 10 rounds, with at least one wet-dry race, one dry-race race, one sunset race, one sunrise race, one night race.

Cheers <3.

Last edited:

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
Hi @StevieSQ,

my thoughts of season 6 PC Pro League so far:

Compared to season 5 I must say, that 8-10 races are more then enough. 12 races were too much, because we could see, that more and more drivers lost there pleasure over season 5. At the end, we started our races with 12-14 guys.

I think that it would be good to have a PC Semi-Pro League again. It is a nice experience when you have a league, where you can learn to drive and don't have so much pressure, when you must drive with more experince drivers. Right now there are enough reserve drivers in Elite and Pro League. Maybe a slighly lower number of drivers in every league (except Elite) will be the best.

What i'm not so happy about is the system, who is driving in which league (i hope you know what I mean). I think in a league, there must be more a rising up system. I know that this is hard for the fast guys who begins in a lower league and there must be a way to go to higher leagues when you show that you are fast (like the Xbox drivers who are now fighting for the championship in Elite), but I think the time trial is not the way a league should work. I think, that it must be more a from 0 to hero system.

Sry for my bad english. I hope you can undertstand what I mean.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I think that it would be good to have a PC Semi-Pro League again. It is a nice experience when you have a league, where you can learn to drive and don't have so much pressure, when you must drive with more experince drivers. Right now there are enough reserve drivers in Elite and Pro League. Maybe a slighly lower number of drivers in every league (except Elite) will be the best.
Thing is we have to make a decision before we announce the placements on how many tiers we are running based on the number of sign-ups. For a lot of people, they want to be competitive to those around them, if you only have 10-14 people in a tier (on PC) compared to the 20+ in some tiers, it could lead to the field getting quite spread out over the hour race.

What i'm not so happy about is the system, who is driving in which league (i hope you know what I mean). I think in a league, there must be more a rising up system. I know that this is hard for the fast guys who begins in a lower league and there must be a way to go to higher leagues when you show that you are fast (like the Xbox drivers who are now fighting for the championship in Elite), but I think the time trial is not the way a league should work. I think, that it must be more a from 0 to hero system.
There is no point in putting somebody in the lowest tier who is clearly super fast. Nova from Elite for example, is atrociously fast, if he'd been put in the lowest tier, he'd have thrashed the field. Probably wouldn't have enjoyed the night and nor would those behind him who had very little chance of beating him. We move people up/down depending on how their results are, but we can't stick every new driver in the lowest tier and use the lowest tier as a 'prove yourself' rung on the ladder.

Drivers in the slowest tier are fighting for a championship and racing for fun as much as people higher up, so it's not fair on them to keep putting people in, who come in, win the race by a country mile and then get moved up instantly.

Hope that explains why we use the TT system.

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Hey chaps, so we're part way through Season 6, so I'd like to get an idea on what you guys think so far and what changes (If any) you'd like to see implemented going forward.

This is purely to gather a bit of feedback so don't take anything suggested that it will definitely be introduced.

The plan is to go back to a minimum of 10 rounds, with at least one wet-dry race, one dry-race race, one sunset race, one sunrise race, one night race.

Cheers <3.
Interesting this Season 6 ;) 8 races is too short but I'm looking forward for Season 7 ;)
If there will be a last GT3 season with PCars (if PCars2 will be available soon in 2017), 14 races it would be interesting (last big & large season) or 10/12 (it's ok).
Diversity-races like you said Stevie, it's cool!
Maybe one/two races with rain+dry & dry+rain (like Season 2 on Nurburgring GP)
I agree with @Neiltanner & Bailey on "let the coordinators pick all the tracks"
Maybe I'd like to race on tracks never tried in GT3 League (like Sonoma different layout + Willow Springs)

and my personal thought, less people for each tier. For example 12+12+12 (depends from the signups naturally).
Why? to decrease lag-issues and to have a solid-group with same potential to win. I'm talking for xbox naturally, I can't talk for other leagues, I don't know their situation.

If I have other idea, I'll let you know Stevie ;)

Last edited:

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Been here since season 2 so i tried quite a bit in terms of AOR now. Just a few thoughts:

A 10 race season seem ideal. 8 races are a bit to short as its very hard to keep up with the top if you get a unlucky disconnect in just one race. 12 races are a bit to much as people drop out when things draw out to far.

The last 2 seasons probably had a bit to many extremes on the track list. At least 50% should be traditional tracks. Put in max 2 extremes (Bathurst, Monaco, Nordschlife etc). 1 full wet race. 1 with half rain. 1 night. Let the admins decide the track list based on entertainment in previous seasons. Maybe add a small group of drivers giving inputs so the track list is balanced for all car picks.

I still think time trial is a must to decide placements in tiers on new entries. But top 4 from Pro should be guranteed in Elite. Bottom 4 in Elite should go Pro. Elite should always be full grid. Pro and potential Semi-pro could split remaining drivers. Feeling competitive is a strong drive to keep going.

I think mandatory pitstop should be tested. 2x tire wear did not work and with 1x wear all of us have learned to master racing on worn rubber. Putting in the mandetory pitstop we might add some stategy. As far as i know you can make the stop without changing tires. I think that will save you aprox 20 sec making the difference on tire change versus no-change around 20 secs in total. That would make things VERY close and give 2 strong options.

Introduce 3 questions on the forum before each race. "How do you feel about the track" "Who will win etc" to raise engagement from everyone on the forum and give the streamers some potential insight to work with.

In the end i would also add its very important that AOR league racing remains the fastest in the world. So when streamers watch Elite league it HAS to be world class level. We have hit that every season since real assists were introduced and i think its important to hang onto that - even though no assists might be more interesting to race with. If we lose that edge we lose the edge compared to every other league out there. Ill rather be 7th in a race versus the worlds best than 2nd versus the 2nd best. Saying that its very important all of us try to recruit the worlds fastest to the league. Even not always so popular, i used every chance to bring in guys from ESL to drive in AOR as money seems to attract some pretty decent drivers there. I know there are many more out there who can compete at the very top. I would love to see them on board as it forces all of us to keep improving.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
This season 6 has been great so far. Personally I think that 8 races isn't enough.
At season 7 I would prefer more races, than 8.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Introduce 3 questions on the forum before each race. "How do you feel about the track" "Who will win etc" to raise engagement from everyone on the forum and give the streamers some potential insight to work with.
There's no reason why this can't be done now. You could always put this to your coordinator in your tier, and ask them to put it in the OP, or you could ask the questions yourself.

ven not always so popular, i used every chance to bring in guys from ESL to drive in AOR as money seems to attract some pretty decent drivers there. I know there are many more out there who can compete at the very top. I would love to see them on board as it forces all of us to keep improving.
If you're suggesting bringing people in by bribing them with money or having a prize fund or something then that's out of the question completely. No AOR league has had a prize fund, and any winnings would have to come from somewhere and the only options to raise the money would be to impose an entry fee, which is not happening, or to stump up the money ourselves, which is also not happening.

If the fastest guys in the world join us, great. But it's their decision because they want to join the AOR leagues, not because they can win some money.

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7 and Wizard

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Haha, damn @StevieSQ you gotta take a course in receiving feedback. :D

There's no reason why this can't be done now. You could always put this to your coordinator in your tier, and ask them to put it in the OP, or you could ask the questions yourself.
I put the suggestion here as a general for all leagues to make sure we keep high engagement on all tier forums. Not as something ill pull @FisiFan91's arm to introduce now. Feedback, thats all.

If you're suggesting bringing people in by bribing them with money or having a prize fund or something then that's out of the question completely. No AOR league has had a prize fund, and any winnings would have to come from somewhere and the only options to raise the money would be to impose an entry fee, which is not happening, or to stump up the money ourselves, which is also not happening.

If the fastest guys in the world join us, great. But it's their decision because they want to join the AOR leagues, not because they can win some money.
No, i did not suggest that. I feedback that its important for me that the leagues stays competitive. That means we should all take every chance to recruit the worlds fastest to AOR. There are quite a selection of well organized leagues out there, but AOR is by far the one with the highest level. It needs to keep improving.
I then state that i have had luck recruiting drivers from ESL who all come with a world class level. Drivers who probably joined ESL due to the money, but who still can be persuaded to join AOR.

We also have some very strong German and French leagues running. Would be amazing to get more of these guys on board.

When you put up a thread asking for feedback thats what you gonna get. You can agree or not agree, but this is the way i see things.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Ramzy_MZ and Stevie

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Haha, damn @StevieSQ you gotta take a course in receiving feedback. :D

I put the suggestion here as a general for all leagues to make sure we keep high engagement on all tier forums. Not as something ill pull @FisiFan91's arm to introduce now. Feedback, thats all.

No, i did not suggest that. I feedback that its important for me that the leagues stays competitive. That means we should all take every chance to recruit the worlds fastest to AOR. There are quite a selection of well organized leagues out there, but AOR is by far the one with the highest level. It needs to keep improving.
I then state that i have had luck recruiting drivers from ESL who all come with a world class level. Drivers who probably joined ESL due to the money, but who still can be persuaded to join AOR.

We also have some very strong German and French leagues running. Would be amazing to get more of these guys on board.

When you put up a thread asking for feedback thats what you gonna get. You can agree or not agree, but this is the way i see things.
I wasn't being grumpy about it! :p

I just try to explain things as we go through things, to make things a little more transparent. :)

Appreciate the feedback. :D

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
I think 8 race was ok for this period in december-january with xmas holydays but I would prefer a 10/12 races League for next season.

I m a bit bored because I picked up the wrong car and there s no strategy, everyone could finish race without pitting for tyre change or refuel.

That s what I suggested at the end of season 5:

Tyre wear 1x all the season but with mandatory pit stop
More race with hard weather conditions or 2/3 slots, night..heavy rain.. thunderstorm.. sunshine/sunrise

Track selection process (quote from assetto corsa League rules):
With a view to keeping the racing as close and fair as possible, we will be with-holding the track venue until very shortly before the race. This is being done to prevent some drivers which have more spare time, from being able to spend time practicing the car / track combination, and therefore counter any advantage from building a tuned setup, compared to others how do not have the available time to practice.
To increase predictability, the number of selected tracks will be higher than the actual number of races in season. For example 10 tracks will be chosen for 5 race season.

As already done in season 6 I think A pool for 4/5 race was also ok.

Hideaki

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 10, 2016
I also agree with pretty much everything @Papand has said so far, and as the only pad driver on the PC Elite side I think I can offer a slightly different opinion. My main concern is mandatory pitstops, currently the preferred strategy on 90% of tracks is a no-stop, therefore because of the increased tire wear on the pad I have little choice but to take the only car that has a chance of allowing me to do a no-stop, that being the BMW Z4. If a mandatory pitstop was enforced you would lose less time for pitting and changing tires would become a viable strategy, it would also allow pad drivers to pick a car other than the Z4 as we'd only lose around 15-20 seconds to change tires rather than 35-40 seconds compared to those that choose not to. I think mandatory pitstops are something that should definitely be tested in the off-season to check the balance of the strategies etc.

As for the other topics discussed I agree the season should be a bit longer, 10 races rather than 12 though. Also like @Papand I'd like to see less of the extreme tracks and more variable weather to create a challenge. Maybe in the poll at the start of the season outline what tracks classify as extreme tracks and make clear that only the top 2 from that selection will be used for the season. Lastly I think that time trials need to stay as placing a fast driver in the lower leagues isn't productive for anyone involved.

Also Happy New Year to everyone reading this! :)

Reactions: Barker95 and Def

Brandarous

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2016
My 2 cents:

10 races is the ideal number.
Full grid on elite and 2 lower tiers to put the drivers in where they belong.

!!!!!No mandatory pitstops, but make the race 10 minutes longer!!!!
Sinds we came off 2x tirewear we are all doing a Brownski :pompus:. If you make the race 10min longer, the guys who are really good with tyre management they still have the benefit of no pitstop and the guys who do pit they have 10 more minutes to catch up the guys who did not pit. That strategy is with the 60min races not valid.

Some will say that 70min is to long, but I would say: it's just 10 more minutes!

I do believe that that wil give more strategy and closer race over the whole race.

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016
@StevieSQ I'd love to see Azure Circuit on the calendar... just like bathurst and nordschleife, its a tight circuit, but its just so cool to race on! The tight circuit over the streets and (kinda) hills of monaco!

Reactions: Wizard

leli9

Junior Karter
Jan 4, 2017
can you sign up for season 7 now or is it to early?and if so where can i do that..thx

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
I would like to see the season be longer as suggested and why not have a random weather slot at every race? Would stop the advantage of people who get more time than others to practice and it would spice the racing up and be more realistic.

Id also like to go back to x2 tyrewear but let's not open that can of worms! ;-)

P.s. after the last week I'd also like to see racing line assist banned! It's unbelievable that it's used at all! And come to think of it auto gears.... I'll stop now ;-)

Last edited:

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
can you sign up for season 7 now or is it to early?and if so where can i do that..thx
No, we're in the middle of season 6. This is a feedback thread for current drivers with a view to improve the racing for next season. :)

Last edited:

Chicolini

Formula Karter
Aug 11, 2016
First of all I want to say that I am really enjoying my first GT3 League season @AOR (currently driving in the PS4 Pro league). (y) to the organisation!

My thoughts:
- Min/Max. 8/10 races in a season;
- Keep 1x tyre wear/fuel consumption;
- I'm not really sure about the added value of a mandatory pitstop that is suggested by some people. Now we experience worn tyres near the end of the race if no stops are made and it requires some skill to deal with this, which I like. To 'force' a pitstop by making the races longer sounds interesting, but the race distance is just ideal right now and would be too long otherwise;
- Not really a fan of night/sunrise/sunset racing but rain is fun.

The bottom line is: don't change too much:happy:

JuniorJH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2016
I have only recently joined the GT3 league as a reserve in the XB1 Elite league. But having ran the last 2 races, i agree that i would be more interesting to have pit stops but i do not like the idea of mandatory stops. I have raced in a league with mandatory stops before and i never refueled or took tyres because it took too long. I just drove in, was stationary for about 4 seconds then drove out. I agree with @Brandarous, make the races a little longer.

Other than that, i love the format this season.

Reactions: Def