XB1 - AOR GT3 Pro - Round 3 Watkins Glen - 17/06/15 @ 8.00 PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 Pro - Round 3 Watkins Glen - 17/06/15 @ 8.00 PM

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Round 3 - Watkins Glen GP
GT3 Season 1

Race Information:
Date: Wednesday 17th June 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 34 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Tyre wear: Note that tyre wear is set to "x7" with the intention to spice up the strategy element of the races, where drivers may go for different tyre compounds and one or even two pit-stops may be needed, depending on drivers' ability to look after their tyres. This gives the racing more of an "endurance" feel, despite the race only lasting for about an hour. And remember; it's the same for everyone!

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Yeaaah #LovingAmericanTracks

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Thats one of those tracks that I sweated on a lot of time on Nascar 14 :)

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
Well, it can't exactly get any worse than Spa. Will be hoping to stay competitive here..

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
what we looking at time wise people??

FueledByBrennan

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Okay, this is the first race I'll be able to attend due to exams, if my internet doesn't explode and die of course.

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Okay, this is the first race I'll be able to attend due to exams, if my internet doesn't explode and die of course.
(Which it usually does, for those uninitiated to the ways of the LagDragon :p)

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Ive just gone from this:

To This!!!:

HAHAHAHAHAHA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FINALLY NO MORE SLOW FAST CAR GLITCH!!! YAYYYYYYY
[DOUBLEPOST=1434446127][/DOUBLEPOST]just to get the ball rolling my times atm are around 43.9's but hoping to break into the low 43's maybe even a high 42!! whats everyone else getting atm??

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
FINALLY NO MORE SLOW FAST CAR GLITCH!!! YAYYYYYYY
[DOUBLEPOST=1434446127][/DOUBLEPOST]just to get the ball rolling my times atm are around 43.9's but hoping to break into the low 43's maybe even a high 42!! whats everyone else getting atm??
Nowhere near that :/

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
First lap was a 45. Merc is a boat round here lol

Doing 44s but thats about it with this set up

Last edited:

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
"1.1 Clean racing:

Race cleanly at all times. No contact should occur between cars on track, and as a driver you are required to do your best to avoid this from happening. Accidents can happen, but if you are at fault for causing a collision, you are likely to be penalised.

If you accidentally take out another car, or are responsible for causing an incident, you have to slow down and safely let the affected car(s) back in front of you on track, as long as the circumstances allow it. Even if it doesn't benefit the other car, that is the punishment you have to take for causing a collision. If you fail to follow this rule, you are likely to receive a harsher penalty by the stewards if the incident is reported after the race. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going.

The above rule still applies even if lag (connection issues) is the cause of the incident, when it is obvious that your car's lag is the cause of another driver going off, as this would still be classed as an unfair overtake. Please be more careful around other drivers if you are regularly involved in lag-related incidents.

1.6 Spacial Awareness

● Unlike other racing games, Project CARS does not have any assists to let you know when a car is in close proximity to yours. There are no arrows like on the F1 games and no spotter like on iRacing. Being aware of where another car is majorly important in a race so taking extra care is important both at the start of a race and in battles.

● If you spin off whilst the pack is close, rejoining the track immediately is ill-advised. You do not ghost and you will cause accidents. Staying still is the best option until the other cars have avoided you. It is far easier to avoid a stationary obstacle."

Some important rules to consider. If there's a repeat of the start of last week at any point during this and future races, expect action to be taken. @JackG @blizzardwizard @Wookie pete @matthewsdea @Shaw lXl @Atticus @thelivingdead69 @FlameDragon72 @Fatboy1791 @Smifficle @Meireloso @Diogo @McMilanCZ @TC92

FueledByBrennan

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Alright, I'm ready to go tonight but my internet has (as always) been completely horrific since I downloaded the latest XB1 update yesterday. Having put over 50 laps of practice in this is bloody annoying. I'll try but don't expect any connection miracles...

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
what happened last week........

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
what happened last week........
There were several separate incidents which immediately ruined the races of two drivers, want to make sure those who caused it in particular can expect serious punishment if it happens again

Reactions: JackG

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
was it boneheaded driving or was there connection issues??

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Guys just to note the 1.4 patch is out for pCARS and I won't get a chance to have much of a shot of the game before tonight's race, so not too sure what to expect!

Make sure if you are racing, get on with plenty of time to download it :)