XB1 - AOR GT3 Pro - Round 4 Nurburgring GP - 24/06/15 @ 8.00 PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 Pro - Round 4 Nurburgring GP - 24/06/15 @ 8.00 PM

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Round 4 - Nürburgring GP
GT3 Season 1

Race Information:
Date: Wednesday 24th June 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 30 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Tyre wear: Note that tyre wear is set to "x7" with the intention to spice up the strategy element of the races, where drivers may go for different tyre compounds and one or even two pit-stops may be needed, depending on drivers' ability to look after their tyres. This gives the racing more of an "endurance" feel, despite the race only lasting for about an hour. And remember; it's the same for everyone!

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed No-shows:

@TC92 @JackG
@matthewsdea

Last edited:

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
Ill set the ball rolling. 1:57s in race trim

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
EVERYONE be aware that the Mercedes is very bad on the brakes. If you follow me into any heavy braking you MUST adapt you braking point or you will run into the back of either me or @Devastation.

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
This track is destroying rear tyres!

TC92

GP2 Test Driver
May 19, 2014
1:59 dead so far. Probably still a small amount of time left with setup tweaks and just more lap practice. Could be an interesting one strategy wise, the softs don't seem to last here at all

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
managed a 56.7 for quali practice. still a bit of time to find as well i think, not massive chunks to my knowledge but i can guarantee no ive said that, someones gonna come forward with a 55.x!! havent done any race practice yet but looking forward to it. think there could be a few different strategies at this race again. may set up a social for 2moro night so if anyone is interested in it, like this comment and il instantly put you as confirmed

Reactions: TC92 and Atticus

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
1:59 dead so far. Probably still a small amount of time left with setup tweaks and just more lap practice. Could be an interesting one strategy wise, the softs don't seem to last here at all
I still think softs are the way to go if you have the pace
managed a 56.7 for quali practice. still a bit of time to find as well i think, not massive chunks to my knowledge but i can guarantee no ive said that, someones gonna come forward with a 55.x!! havent done any race practice yet but looking forward to it. think there could be a few different strategies at this race again. may set up a social for 2moro night so if anyone is interested in it, like this comment and il instantly put you as confirmed
i doubt very much anyone hitting a 55 i would have to push hard to hit a 56.7 but i will try!

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
This forums on FIRE lol

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Halfway mark for Season 1 has passed so hopefully things pick up again for the final 2 races (staying out relegation spots, pushing for title etc... )

Not had much practice for this but have a strategy and a tune in mind for tomorrow! Had a few 1:57.3/4's so praying I make it into the 56's before the race, my race pace on Soft's is currently at high 57's just now though :)

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
Well I'm screwed then. Can only do late 1:58 at best. Looking forward to viewing all your cars multiple times as you lap me.

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Well I'm screwed then. Can only do late 1:58 at best. Looking forward to viewing all your cars multiple times as you lap me.
I'm positive you say that every week, but manage some good finishes :lol:

You never know what can happen, that's the beauty!

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
sorry about last night guys, so much going on lately dont know whether im coming or going!! looking forward to this race, the track on this game with these cars should allow for some really good racing, but as atticus said (i think it was him anyway) be careful about braking points!! if youre chasing someone and you can clearly see theyre struggling on the brakes, just be prepared to either A) brake earlier or (and this is more for the late brakers) B) Chuck it down the inside (just make sure you get it stopped in time!!) as i said guys lets have a fun race and hopefully pit stops dont **** me up!!

PS. mclaren boys i may need your help before the race so il start a party before hand

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
Don't think the Merc can do a 56 :(

TC92

GP2 Test Driver
May 19, 2014
Really sorry for the late notice but can't make tonight. Done all the practice and setup messing around as well

JackG

Pro Karter
May 30, 2014
Hey guys! Not going to be able to race tonight as I've been called in to work :( gutted. Hope you guys have a great race!!

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
I'm positive you say that every week, but manage some good finishes :lol:

You never know what can happen, that's the beauty!
I hope you're right! At the end of the day I'm just happy as long as there's some good racing!

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
57.2 pb i think i have a chance at braking into the 56s but i doubt it. All i need to concentrate on is extending my championship lead

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Heads up guys...

We aim for the race to go ahead as normal tonight, but if one third (or more) of the drivers in the league end up being unable to join the lobby and race due to the recent Xbox issue reported here, then the race will be postponed (or cancelled should it be impossible to arrange a new race date).

EDIT: If you are experiencing this issue, uninstalling the car packs apparently stop the game from jumping/freezing. If the problem continues, you NEED to message me on Xbox Live or on here, to alert me.

Thanks in advance for your patience guys!

@Diogo @Meireloso @thelivingdead69 @blizzardwizard @FlameDragon72 @Atticus @Wookie pete @matthewsdea @McMilanCZ @Fatboy1791 @Smifficle

Last edited:

Smifficle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2015
Frustrating race!

Wookie Pete lost it on the kerb on the exit of the chicane I went past him and there was a little contact after he came back on the track. I then waited for him and then he rammed my car as I parked it off the racing line so I could give him the place back.

I managed to hold around a 5 second gap in 4th to Blizzard when I pitted I guess I had to wait for repairs as I lost positions to Blizzard Mcmillan and Meireloso. I found it hard to get past either of them and finished 5th after Livingdead disconnect and Mcmillan pitted

btw Meireloso finished ahead off me, it says on the results I was ahead but he crossed the line before me

*Actually after looking at my footage I did park it too close to the corner and I apologise to @Wookie pete

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
Frustrating race!

Wookie Pete lost it on the kerb on the exit of the chicane I went past him and there was a little contact after he came back on the track. I then waited for him and then he rammed my car as I parked it off the racing line so I could give him the place back.

I managed to hold around a 5 second gap in 4th to Blizzard when I pitted I guess I had to wait for repairs as I lost positions to Blizzard Mcmillan and Meireloso. I found it hard to get past either of them and finished 5th after Livingdead disconnect and Mcmillan pitted

btw Meireloso finished ahead off me, it says on the results I was ahead but he crossed the line before me
I had an extra long pitstop to fix my steering problem after I spun and hit the wall on the first lap. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw you were still in the pits and I'd passed you! Unlucky though mate, you were clearly quicker than me throughout the race, and probably deserved 3rd over me!