Date: Wednesday 8th July 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 28 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Tyre wear: Note that tyre wear is set to "x7" with the intention to spice up the strategy element of the races, where drivers may go for different tyre compounds and one or even two pit-stops may be needed, depending on drivers' ability to look after their tyres. This gives the racing more of an "endurance" feel, despite the race only lasting for about an hour. And remember; it's the same for everyone!

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Sorry for the delay guys, been a busy chap the last few days...

Anyway, the last (but not last) Round is almost upon us now :(

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
yeah just did a 2:00.5 with the Beemer, still a lot to be found setup wise though :banghead:

• Agree
Reactions: Shaw lXl

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
It doesn't seem like the Merc is as good round here as i would have thought. Gonna be a tough race against you beemers
[DOUBLEPOST=1436271443][/DOUBLEPOST]I could get in the 2:00s if a have a very good lap. Just need to nail the 1st and 2nd sectors

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
Drivers Championship Standing Update Between @T6 BULLET and @Steve Freeman.

The two main championship protagonists, @T6 BULLET and @Steve Freeman currently sit 1st and 3rd respectively in the standings.

If @T6 BULLET scores a 3rd or higher at Silverstone, he will take the championship, even if @Steve Freeman wins the two remaining races.

I currently sit 2nd in the standings, and if I win the next two races, @T6 BULLET needs to score at least 54 points, so a second and a fourth would suffice, but let's be realistic, unless it's a chaotic race, I'm unlikely to be on the podium for either of the last two races, let alone winning them.

The top 6 drivers have a shot at the title, but need a lot of luck, some disconnections and a miracle to take the title.

That spoiler will show what @T6 BULLET needs to do to take the Driver's title.

Manufacturer's Championship Update between BMW and Audi.

With 93 points on offer, and 88 points the gap between the two German manufacturers, if BMW score more than 6 points in Silverstone, they will take the Manufacturer's title

That spoiler will show what BMW need to do take secure the Manufacturer's Championship
@Shaw lXl Time to get your math book out :p

Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Drivers Championship Standing Update

@Atticus, @Shaw lXl and @thelivingdead69 occupy the top three positions in the championship, as we enter the final two rounds, here's what each of the three need to do to take the title.

@Atticus goes into the final two rounds with the most points, with a 25 point lead over second place, if he wins, and @Shaw lXl and @thelivingdead69 finish 2nd and 3rd respectively, he'll have a 33 point margin over @Shaw lXl. If this happens, @Atticus needs to score just needs to score 17 points in the final race, providing @Shaw lXl doesn't win and take pole position, then it’s 18, in either case, a 6th place finish in Brno will be enough for @Atticus to win.

For @Shaw lXl to take top honours, he needs @Atticus to get into a bit of trouble in the remaining rounds, if @Shaw lXl wins the final two races, even scoring both pole positions, and @Atticus comes home in second in both, @Shaw lXl will lose out on the title by 7 points. A little bit luck of required for @Shaw lXl, if @Atticus scores a 2nd and a 3rd, the two will tie on points but lose out due to @Atticus having more second places.

An outside shot, thelivingdead69 needs some luck and for the other two to run into issues to get a realistic shot at the championship. If he scores maxiumum points in the final two rounds, he’ll be on 207 points. This means @Atticus needs to score 63 points to beat him, so a 2nd and a 5th, or two 3rd’s would stop thelivingdead69’s title aspirations. @Shaw lXl on would not be able to challenge him, even if he finished 2nd in both the final two rounds, and would lose out by 4 points.

What @blizzardwizard need to. Win every race and hope a catastrophic accident wipes out all the other runners in the final two races. Not impossible if you like Chris Evans.

Last edited:

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
SPOILER: What Blizzardwizard needs to do. Win every race and hope a catastrophic accident wipes out all the other runners in the final two races. Not impossible.

• Funny

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
SPOILER: What Blizzardwizard needs to do. Win every race and hope a catastrophic accident wipes out all the other runners in the final two races. Not impossible.
Fixed ;)

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Still have no clue whatsoever on what to do in the race...

1 stop ? 2 stops ?
Go on softs or go on Hards ?

I am completely lost...

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
There goes my championship. **** THIS GAME!
[DOUBLEPOST=1436383849][/DOUBLEPOST]Its very hard to race you shaw when your ping doesn't go lower than 150

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
There goes my championship. **** THIS GAME!
[DOUBLEPOST=1436383849][/DOUBLEPOST]Its very hard to race you shaw when your ping doesn't go lower than 150
Could be worse, I could lag into you ;)

Another case of yours against mine, you were up to 440+ then down to 180 when you were close to me at one point. Silly game

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
Frustrating race. Off the pace, but managed to get up near the front. Then Franglish decides it'd be a good idea to turn right onto the racing line after going off. Car wrecked. Next corner the screen completely freezes but the car was still going. Can only hope I didn't hit anyone at that time, think I managed to miss everyone. Lost about 10 seconds. Had a good battle develop with Meirloso and LivingDead, was on for a podium but my analog stick decided to completely lock up sending me veering into the barrier. Managed to limp home 4th...

• Informative