AOR GT3 PS4 tier 2 hockenheim gp 8/8/18 @8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 PS4 tier 2 hockenheim gp 8/8/18 @8PM

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Softs can work well for qualifying but only for a couple of laps, in race conditions the track temp is only 84 degrees Fahrenheit so theoretically the soft tyre could work but the wear from what i've tested is very bad and the tires can heat up very quickly. I found the hard tyre to be better just takes a little longer to heat up but then again i'm still testing stuff so i'm not 100% yet with everything
I found the softs to be crap In sector 3 and that’s the sector where the Audi is at its best round this track.

VSR_Rotary

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
I found the softs to be crap In sector 3 and that’s the sector where the Audi is at its best round this track.
Yeah same, the tires heat up so much and because there isn't a lot of straights to cool the tires down they just lose grip within a small amount of laps

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I'll be using hards at the front and softs at the rear as in every race this season. I can't bring the hards to work on the rear with the Merc.

Laptimes in the .41s :confused:

D.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Overall it’s been pretty fair this season with missing races and all that. Missing races is like a DNF, I feel most of us are missing around the same number of races to make the championship close-ish

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Hi,

I'll be using hards at the front and softs at the rear as in every race this season. I can't bring the hards to work on the rear with the Merc.

Laptimes in the .41s :confused:

D.
That’s weird. I tried the soft hard combo and I just can’t get it to work.

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

That’s weird. I tried the soft hard combo and I just can’t get it to work.
so you are using hard/hard with the Merc?

Maybe I give this another try, 'til now I can't get them to work, not in a single race this season.

Should this be the key to better results? :unsure:

D.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Hi,

so you are using hard/hard with the Merc?

Maybe I give this another try, 'til now I can't get them to work, not in a single race this season.

Should this be the key to better results? :unsure:

D.
Yea that’s weird. I’ve used either all softs or all Hards each race. Only race I really struggled was Le Mans Bugatti. I was really pushing my car in Barcelona though and it felt great.

Reactions: DeuxMilles

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I gave it another try this morning. Hard/Hard, tire-temps, especially on the right side, roundabout 75°C. Ok for the front, but not on the rear. You can't accelerate properly out of corners and is is very dangerous at turn-in.

Turn 1 with this tires is a big risk, works only in two out of three laps, the third one you are crashing hard into the inside barriers. Also the right hander entry to the Motodrom big risk of snap oversteer. Snaps to the left, then to the right and you are ending up in the gravel.

Laptimes Hard/Hard 1:41.5 if you can complete a lap without crashing, Hard/Soft 1:39.5 so far.

D.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Hi,

I gave it another try this morning. Hard/Hard, tire-temps, especially on the right side, roundabout 75°C. Ok for the front, but not on the rear. You can't accelerate properly out of corners and is is very dangerous at turn-in.

Turn 1 with this tires is a big risk, works only in two out of three laps, the third one you are crashing hard into the inside barriers. Also the right hander entry to the Motodrom big risk of snap oversteer. Snaps to the left, then to the right and you are ending up in the gravel.

Laptimes Hard/Hard 1:41.5 if you can complete a lap without crashing, Hard/Soft 1:39.5 so far.

D.
Interesting test. I’m going to get some coffee and donuts then I’ll practice a lot today.

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
39.4 with 90ltr is the most I've squeezed out the r8 but I hate the track and am getting very frustrated with it, think I spent an hour on it last night then give up, fisrt time I've done that with a track in a few seasons, don't think I'm gonna spend any time practicing for this one and do some more testing for next season.

VSR_Rotary

Apr 10, 2018
Hi,

D.
while I do agree the hards can slide around a lot but the hards can be pushed quite well, the temperatures I’m reaching are around 80-90 degrees Celsius, and I’m averaging 1:39s - 1:41s

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I'm sure those few degrees make the difference. 75 doesn't work, 80+ will.

If I push the car temps are rising slowly. I can go a bit over 75, but on the next straight they are falling rapidly. Maybe this can be solved by settings, but I have no clue.

D.

Chocolata4Life

2 times PS4 PCars Champion
Feb 3, 2018
I did few laps with the soft tyres, the rear starts sliding easily, and it overheats the rear left, but no problems with the front tyres!

KrypticTMG

F1 1st Driver
Apr 4, 2015
I'll setup a practice lobby at 8 for those who are interested 60min Practice 30min Q 6lap race.

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

did a few longer runs. The tiretemp of the rear softs stay under 100°, but pressure is rising and rising. I start with lowest: 1.30 bar, after 20 minutes of racing they reach 1.85 bar - and the car starts sliding around.

So atm I have no working tirecombo for wednesday. 28° tracktemp, why the hell, why?

:cautious: D.

VSR_Rotary

Apr 10, 2018
Hi,

did a few longer runs. The tiretemp of the rear softs stay under 100°, but pressure is rising and rising. I start with lowest: 1.30 bar, after 20 minutes of racing they reach 1.85 bar - and the car starts sliding around.

So atm I have no working tirecombo for wednesday. 28° tracktemp, why the hell, why?

:cautious: D.
Setup can be partly why the pressure is rising, you are driving the Mercedes right? If the pressure is rising that means the tires are loosing surface area on the track which is probably why you are loosing grip. Maybe change your camber angles and make them so the tire has more rubber touching the track, so around -3.5 at the front and -2.9 at the rear, if this doesnt work then make further changes. Unfortunately I’m not driving the Mercedes so I can’t really provide that much assistance but I’m sure there are some nice people who maybe willing to help, my best advice is keep practicing and tickering around with the setup until you find something that is comfortable and also performance wise pretty decent.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
After doing some laps this afternoon, car feels good. Set up is good, tweaking small things for now. But did a lot of laps to get comfortable with the circuit and how the car behaves.

Tyres and pressures were stable and everything felt good honestly. Pretty happy where everything is right now. Turn 1 kerbs are a pain though, car get spun out so easily.

Very excited for Wednesday

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
hi,

Maybe change your camber angles and make them so the tire has more rubber touching the track, so around -3.5 at the front and -2.9 at the rear, if this doesnt work then make further changes.
increasing neg. camber at the front and decreasing at the rear?

I tried those values, but it didn't have any effect.

D.