AOR GT3 - RACE CALENDAR - Season 5 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 - RACE CALENDAR - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0daY

Reigning AOR PC Formula Renault 3.5 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 7, 2016
Hm, sorry but this is not a good idea. I think most people wanted the combined version when they voted for Nordschleife.
And practicing shouldn't be a problem as you can still join a lobby when the host has the DLC and if people are asking other people who have it they should be fine.
Can't agree more. The DLC costs around 3 dollar? I think everyone could afford that... and Nordschleife vs. Combined Nordschleife?? Who would not chose the combined version, what the fuuuuck :D :D :D

• Agree
Reactions: TonyR

TonyR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 4, 2015
I don't have it either, but you can just practice the GP bit and the Nordschleife separately... You should probably set up for the ring anyway ;) and it's not like you won't have driven them before, crikey! there's only one extra corner (Well 2 sort of but that's not really a corner) and you're as likely to cause incidents elsewhere amongst the other 1 million corners. It is nice to own all the circuits but I think you can get away without in this case.
True words here. Practicing Nordschleife and GP track separately should be no problem as well.

• Agree
Reactions: machwebb and t0daY

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Except that the 24H Nurburgring completely cuts off the first sector, so it's not the exact same at all. Plus with the braking zone of T1 being much further back with the 24H version, practicing for the GP Nurburgring is nothing like the same.

We shouldn't be forcing people to buy the dlc, ever. Just because your other leagues do it doesn't mean aor should!

t0daY

Reigning AOR PC Formula Renault 3.5 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 7, 2016
Except that the 24H Nurburgring completely cuts off the first sector, so it's not the exact same at all. Plus with the braking zone of T1 being much further back with the 24H version, practicing for the GP Nurburgring is nothing like the same.

We shouldn't be forcing people to buy the dlc, ever. Just because your other leagues do it doesn't mean aor should!
What other leagues lol? You are not even forcing people to buy the DLC because you can drive it without even buying it^^
3,99 in pCars is a dream compared to 30,00 in iRacing to be honest :D

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
I know it's not the same and I think you can still practice T1 on the Sprint or Short version can't you...?? anyway nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, you can still race either way but your prep will be different...and that race is about 8 weeks away. Plenty of time to get some practice in.

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Cheap in terms of DLC, and far from expensive by any means, I still have no interest in buy that DLC pack (I've bought almost all barring this, and 1 other) DLC packs so far).
I shouldn't be at a disadvantage compared to others when it comes to practicing / testing for a race.
Yes, it's possible to test using another host, but again, I would have to rely on someone else for that. Yes I could test the 2 tracks by themselves, but at the end of the day, that's not the same (tire wear + fuel / etc), again, yes, i can add them together, but it's not really the same...

TonyR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 4, 2015
Cheap in terms of DLC, and far from expensive by any means, I still have no interest in buy that DLC pack (I've bought almost all barring this, and 1 other) DLC packs so far).
I shouldn't be at a disadvantage compared to others when it comes to practicing / testing for a race.
Yes, it's possible to test using another host, but again, I would have to rely on someone else for that. Yes I could test the 2 tracks by themselves, but at the end of the day, that's not the same (tire wear + fuel / etc), again, yes, i can add them together, but it's not really the same...
I would like to ban DLC cars as well by this argumentation then.
Because the Bentley is clearly one of the fastest cars and not everyone might have it.

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Oh my life people. What is wrong with half of you.

You can work out the per lap fuel level without running the combined version. Run both tracks and add them together. No, you won't get an exact figure, but the fuel level is all an estimation because it depends on how hard you drive the car, plus a few litres top up for safety anyway.

Any sim racer that knows what he is doing should be able to jump onto a track and at least find the braking zones and racing line within a few laps. If you can't do that, then I have to question what you are doing trying to race in a really big event like this. To even be talking about this when everyone can drive the Nordschleife and GP circuits for the next 8 weeks seems ridiculous. If you are unsure about the cut off first corner that is on the combined... run the Sprint Short circuit for a few laps ;)

No one is forcing anyone to buy DLC. That's one great thing about project cars is you can join a race without the need to buy the tracks. If you are going to ban the DLC tracks then equally you should look at banning the DLC cars... which doesn't make much sense because I'll say it again no one is forcing you to buy them.

Banning cars for BOP sake however, is another matter. Banning cars that aren't actually GT3 regulation cars for a GT3 event... again, is another matter.

Aaaaaand anyway, the track on the calendar is the NORDSCHLEIFE... soooo... why are we talking about the combined version???

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
"I would like to ban DLC cars as well by this argumentation then."

I understand you are just being argumentative, fine. but that argument does not compare.

You want to ban the Bentley (I know you don't really, but...) on the grounds of it giving ppl that bought it and advantage.
The Bentley WAS banned when it was first released, as it was OP at that point.
Therefore it would have been unfair on the ppl that didn't have it.
It is now balanced, and it's fair for it to be available to use.
Anyone can be competitive in the league without buying the DLC cars available, that is their choice.
I don't have a choice of the tracks being used.

The fact is, I am at a disadvantage, if a DLC track is used for the league, that I don't have - regardless of there being extended work-arounds.

But hey, maybe I'm just trying too hard to keep things as fair as possible for everyone? Or, maybe the fact that the league admins appear to have the same view may support my theory?

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Well the track being used is the Nordschleife. So, no one is at a disadvantage and this argument that's been going on for over a page now is completely pointless as the track being argued about isn't being used...

DatWallDoe

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 22, 2016
Not really sure where to post this but a friend of mine made and account here at Apex a few days ago and apparently its still awaiting verification from the administration of the site.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Not really sure where to post this but a friend of mine made and account here at Apex a few days ago and apparently its still awaiting verification from the administration of the site.
Check spam folders, if not then let @FisiFan91 know.

As for DLC cars and tracks. Everyone can run and practice an entire season on all tracks without DLC cars, the same can't be done (easily) for DLC tracks. I know people can host practice lobbies, but that relies on someone else when said person who doesn't have the DLC might not be available around the times a lobby is up. Everyone has their own methods for practicing too. Deviating from those could be an option for some, but not everyone.

I get people are disappointed that it's not the full combined version, but like Le Mans, it's nice to have circuits that are used specifically for special events. In hindsight, it would be a good idea for us admins and coordinators to highlight the specific layouts of the tracks that people can vote for so people aren't miss-lead. Apologies that it didn't happen this time round, that was a mistake on our part for sure.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
With all due respect, I don't really understand why anyone would assume the Nordschleife option in the track vote would be for the combined version. Nordschleife & Nurburgring were both in the vote separately, there was no mention of the combined version in either option, and no DLC track has ever been included in the polls (for the reasons Yorkie mentioned above).

The calendar is set, now start the sweat!

#RhymeKing

Lanius1984

GP2 2nd Driver
Jun 20, 2016
I had a test drive at Monaco earlier - I'm really surprised this track is considered for league races. On PS4 the frame rate isn't consistent enough, regularly stuttering. It just feels off.
Can't say I'm looking forward to that round.

• Agree
Reactions: TonyR and Andoryu

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
I had a test drive at Monaco earlier - I'm really surprised this track is considered for league races. On PS4 the frame rate isn't consistent enough, regularly stuttering. It just feels off.
Can't say I'm looking forward to that round.
Because the calendar wasn't tested before hand. That much is clear cos if it was, it would be obvious that sim-racing at monaco at night is a daft idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.