PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 3 - Indianapolis Road Course - 04.07.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 3 - Indianapolis Road Course - 04.07.18 @8PM UK time

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
@Popsu I wasn't the one who ended up in a spin, so it's easy for me to forget that one ;-).
As for the opening lap, Lap 2, please look at your rejoin on the track. You just steered into me, with a pretty much straight line towards the corner. For me that looks like an unsafe rejoin and normally would be a stewards inquiry. Cuz both the unsafe rejoin as the contact that follows, sends me off the track and you don't wait for me.

That said, there will be no stewards inquiry, cause on the replay I saw what happened to you before that. Not excusing what you did after, my race got thrown away one lap later by some other incident which caused 100% rear damage and I had to pit. And you 'retired' or 'pitted' at the end of the race anyway, so no ultimate gain there for you as well.

@Speeddmon91 after this pits I was 1 lap down the whole race, waiting for everybody to pit and me maybe regaining one or 2 places. You were pretty much the first one really lapping me and as it seems, I was running a lot less downforce. So for me I was really really giving you the corner, off the gas early, very easy braking, but since you probably had a bit less top speed even in the slipstream, to you it seems I made ur life hard. Sorry for this! (and no worries about the outburst)

BTW did any of you guys run or pitted soft tyres (1/2 of the 4?, more?)

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
My game f***ing crashed again !!
It never happened to me in S9. I have reinstalled steam, the game, graphic drivers. I don't know what to do -_-

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
My game f***ing crashed again !!
It never happened to me in S9. I have reinstalled steam, the game, graphic drivers. I don't know what to do -_-
How are your cpu / Gpu temps ? My game crashed a lot recently due to the high temps.

Reactions: Nagrom

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Really ? Maybe that could be the issue. I'll try cleaning up and changing CPU thermal paste.

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks. No my GPU isn't OC. I may have OC my CPU a while ago, I'll check that as well. Thanks for the tips.

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
For the next race it would be great to have a longer formation zone. This time, as I was starting at the back, I could see that we were coming out of the last corner when ppl in front were already accelerating. So if possible, please make the formation zone longer.

• Agree
Reactions: Col.McCoy

Tudesertpac

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
I don’t get why they are flying in front. Instead waiting for the back to catch up it’s always splitted in 2 large groups

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Well I do understand... it increase the gap and therefor increase your chances of a better result ;-).
But now serious, I still have to check the replay, but either we were very unlucky with short formation zones (it used to work perfectly with the start of S3) or something isn't working (rules are not being followed)

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I have to agree that this formation lap was quite bad once again. (it was partly my fault as I let a big gap between me and the guy in front. I was confused by the formation being a bit chaotic.)
Furthermore, the pace car was a really bad idea. As expected, a lot of drivers where confused by it and as soon as it goes to the pits, the leaders started to accelerate WAY TOO MUCH.

@TX3 StorM, it's not a problem of formation zone, it's the poleman responsability to lead the pack so that everyone can follow.
When the rules say that it's 80km/h, it's a maximum. One can slow down a bit more so that everybody can pack up. It's the same for the 120km/h.

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
I agree.

However someone had jumped in front of me at the start, when we were 2 by 2. Over 80 kph to start in front of me, I don't remember who that was, but surely P17 as it was the guy next to me. I'm noticing it, not reporting.
That's also a real problem imo. It's not the first time it has happened to me, and I'm surely not the only one to have seen that in the formation lap.

Are there any penalties for such cases ?

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I agree.

However someone had jumped in front of me at the start, when we were 2 by 2. Over 80 kph to start in front of me, I don't remember who that was, but surely P17 as it was the guy next to me. I'm noticing it, not reporting.
That's also a real problem imo. It's not the first time it has happened to me, and I'm surely not the only one to have seen that in the formation lap.

Are there any penalties for such cases ?
Yeah, one is not allowed to overtake before the start / finish line.

EDIT: BUT, you can overtake the car next to you when in formation as long as you don't overtake the car directly in front of you.

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
Well the car was clearly in front of me, I couldn't take back my place as I was at 80 kph, that's strange because for the whole lap I had that car behind, and when we were 2 by 2 the driver had gone in front of me to overtake me. So I started the race at P17. I will have to check the replay as I saved it but that's strange.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Well the car was clearly in front of me, I couldn't take back my place as I was at 80 kph, that's strange because for the whole lap I had that car behind, and when we were 2 by 2 the driver had gone in front of me to overtake me. So I started the race at P17. I will have to check the replay as I saved it but that's strange.
You can do an inquiry about this. The stewards will say if it was legit or not ;)

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
Well I just reviewed the start, indeed he's in front once we go into the formation zone, but at the start we are pretty even, and I start right in front of him at P16.

However we've had contact the the left hander before the last corner, thinking he had let me go, I closed a little bit the door but he was still there... :(
(the contact looks like the Vettel / Stroll collision at Malaysia 2017).

Last edited:

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Well I just reviewed the start, indeed he's in front once we go into the formation zone, but at the start we are pretty even, and I start right in front of him at P16.

However we've had contact the the left hander before the last corner, thinking he had let me go, I closed a little bit the door but he was still there... :(
(the contact looks like the Vettel / Stroll collision at Malaysia 2017).
I watched the start and I think there is nothing worth an inquiry there.
@Tudesertpac had the right to be in front of you as his only obligation is to stay behind the car directly in front of him. (@DiHeidi )
Regarding the contact during the formation lap, I think it's 50/50. You closed the door a bit too much and @Tudesertpac went a bit wide.

Did you had damages from that ?

EDIT you're talking about @Tudesertpac right?

Reactions: TX3 StorM

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
No, I didn't have any damage out of this.
Yes that's right.
I knew this wasn't worth any inquiry, I was just talking about that, but I didn't have any reason to make one.

Reactions: Ironik