PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8PM UK time

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016

ROUND 5 - Donington Park GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday July 18th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 41 laps (1+40)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 24 June 2018 - 13:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 24 June 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed no show :
- @Daniel Nesterowicz
- @ZAL
- @Speeddmon91
- @Dannyvdmeer

Expected grid size: 21

Last edited:

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016

Welcome to Donington Park, Leicestershire, UK!
Trivia: Being located just meters away from Derbyshire, it has a Derby post- and area code.

Between the wars, Donington was already in use as a racing venue, seeing the German silver arrows fighting for the European championship.
During the 2nd world war Donington was used as a vehicle depot for the armed forces. The venue fell into disrepair until bought and rescued by an investor in the 70s.
It became famous for MotoGP, BTCC and GT racing, but also hosted Formula 1, most notably in 1993, where Ayrton Senna dominated the race, finishing with over 1 minute lead over Damon Hill.

Prepare for a qualifying under heavy clouds.

The race will start under heavy clouds and transition into rain.

Weather progression is Real-Time

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
aside my errors stupid that I made since bad qualification and bad start to finish with the change tiresi risked)that cost me a podium (and other positions) in race, I finally got the confirmation that without the rain and without the night my space race its same during test.from now up at the end of the League races are all with sun(and I hope with little rain) so I hope to return to fight for the vicyory.here I had a good pace race, and I was recovering in laps before to pistop. see you in the next race :)

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I did a stupid mistake with cold tyres and lost the car in the second turn... I had to go straight in the sand :(
After that I made another stupid mistake following two guys, a bit too close, in the same corner... I lost the car there this time.

I'm really disapointed as I had a good pace around here but that's racing :)

I hate Brno by the way ... and I fear the Lambo will be bad there. :vomit:

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Morning! So after a decent start, my pedals started disconnecting, resulting in several non-asphalt related routes I took =P Just one question, do you need to finish the race to score points? Not that 3-4 points are what I'm racing for but yea you know, points is points I guess.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
This track is good fun! Surely this was my best performance of the season so far, however I´m way off what you guys are doing at the front... Gotta say it is insane what you have to do in this league to at least get a few points. I don´t know what I could´ve done better, no mistakes and felt like I was getting PBs every lap, yet I had no freaking chance at all to catch anyone of the top 10.

Here´s a little snap from pushing myself and the car to what I felt was the limit and what I had to do to secure 12th place... (11th in the end as @Villalobos was struggling on wets I think?)

pace.jpg

I´m actually fine with this as for me it is a lot harder to be consistent on PCars 2 compared to AC or iRacing as the FFB isn´t as detailed, yet I finished 15 seconds behind the car ahead... Seriously guys, take a break! :arghh:

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
me and villalobos we have mounted the tires from wet. I was recovering on storm before the pistop but to win I needed to risk and hope, it went bad, after the race villalobos told me that he too has changed them.We threw to the wind important points. but these are the races

Villalobos

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 4, 2017
@N1kmido I was doing a great race, the sixth place was mine, after putting the wet tires the car became a wild bull, understeer and oversteer than ever before in the last 5 laps, I evidently adopted the wrong strategy as pointed out by my teammate @DiHeidi , good points thrown away, it will be for the next one.

Reactions: DiHeidi