PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 2 - Round 1 Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 2 - Round 1 Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8PM UK time

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
Who plugged the sticker "kick me out" on my car?????

I am very sorry @mikkisbee ?? that was one of the biggest "wtf" moments i've ever had...

And sorry @Shooter80 ... i dont know what to do against me getting kicked out of the race... i'm thinking about a steam name change for the race already or what ever...

Didnt had a clean race in weeks/month now on AOR... even in yesterdays practice race i get fked lap 1...
I dont get it... boys... I dont get it...

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Nice start for the season even though everything didn't go as planned. Too bad for @Dannyvdmeer and @Oblit0r, the penalty is a bit harsh but I'm sure this will not be the last time we see you guys on the podium.

Race started like last season ended, couldn't avoid T1 crash and took some damage that ruined the balance of my car. Speed was not horrible but I spun like 4 times because of balance issues.

Great battling the whole race but there was just no way to pass here. Or so I thought until @Rickybrosh proved me wrong and passed an Audi (@Midweekcoma ?) in the hills with a great pass, nicely done. Was fun to watch the battle from behind.

And an expert tip for future races: make sure you have your qualifying setup loaded when starting qual. My game crashed when we had to restart the lobby and I didn't check the setup after, so game gave me my race setup. Hards were not ideal on the icy cold track...

Dannyvdmeer

Formula Karter
Apr 13, 2017
As the accused are already aware off, after watching the replay of @Dannyvdmeer and @Oblit0r they failed to serve their mandatory pitstop before the last 5 laps:

View attachment 51015
This means that they will be disqualified from the race
@Dannyvdmeer @Oblit0r @S4Howie
So gutting... Read the rules 2x but i've just completely missed this. Obviously would have pitted if i knew this. You won't believe how hard i had to fight to stay ahead of @Oblit0r by not making any mistakes (0 spins or slow downs). But i agree rules are rules. I definitely think that a DQ is extremely harsh for doing something that doesn't gain you any time really and doesn't cause any disadvantages to others and definitely not in this case. But as i said i agree with the rules and definitely think they must be enforced.

I would like to know from the Coordinators why there is chosen of a DQ for this rules instead of a time penalty for example. Would be awesome if you guys could explain this to me :) @TicklishPicklewickle

See you guys next week!

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
For sure i can ask, you also can start a Stewards Inquirery about such cases.

For the moment i just can tell you its clearly in the rules:
● Pit Window - You may not complete your mandatory stop at the end of the first lap unless you have damage. You must also complete your mandatory stop with 5 laps to go.

● Failure to pit during the race, or complete your mandatory stop as listed by the rules will result in disqualification from the race.

Dannyvdmeer

Formula Karter
Apr 13, 2017
For sure i can ask, you also can start a Stewards Inquirery about such cases.

For the moment i just can tell you its clearly in the rules:
Jep i allready found the rule just after the race. I don't want to start a Stewards Inquirery because i don't disagree with the rules or anything. Would much rather prefer just an explenation on why there is chosen for a DQ instead of another penalty since the pitstop is still executed. I defenitely don't want to start a fuzz about this or anything :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I would like to know from the Coordinators why there is chosen of a DQ for this rules instead of a time penalty for example. Would be awesome if you guys could explain this to me :) @TicklishPicklewickle
As @S4Howie already pointed out, we aren't making the rules. We are enforcing them. And really the rule is there so you can't finish your race in the pits. If you were to finish your race in the pits you could win a lot of time. Especially if your pit box is one of the first ones. You would win the time that it takes to drive through the whole pitlane with 60 km/h basically. So I reckon to not have instances like that is why the rule is there. I'm not 100% sure but that would be my guess.

Also, in real life you don't get a time penalty if you don't serve a mandatory pitstop you also get instantly disqualified. So this is no different from real life, really

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
So gutting... Read the rules 2x but i've just completely missed this. Obviously would have pitted if i knew this. You won't believe how hard i had to fight to stay ahead of @Oblit0r by not making any mistakes (0 spins or slow downs). But i agree rules are rules. I definitely think that a DQ is extremely harsh for doing something that doesn't gain you any time really and doesn't cause any disadvantages to others and definitely not in this case. But as i said i agree with the rules and definitely think they must be enforced.

See you guys next week!
The game should DSQ if you fail to complete a mandatory pit-stop.

If it doesn't, then we will post-race because it's a core function of the race format. A time penalty doesn't work, because of the varying pit-lane loss per track. By not pitting, you also gain by not having to attack the pit-entry, or risk missing your pit-box, or speeding in the pit-lane. Plus, who's to say you didn't gain more time as people pitted around you.

It was written in the rules/info. The announcement thread and the sign-up thread. It was made very clear. You have to make a mandatory stop, and you have to make it before the last 5 laps. If you don't, you get disqualified.

Dannyvdmeer

Formula Karter
Apr 13, 2017
As @S4Howie already pointed out, we aren't making the rules. We are enforcing them. And really the rule is there so you can't finish your race in the pits. If you were to finish your race in the pits you could win a lot of time. Especially if your pit box is one of the first ones. You would win the time that it takes to drive through the whole pitlane with 60 km/h basically. So I reckon to not have instances like that is why the rule is there. I'm not 100% sure but that would be my guess.

Also, in real life you don't get a time penalty if you don't serve a mandatory pitstop you also get instantly disqualified. So this is no different from real life, really
Yeahh i completely agree with this as well but the system of project cars automatically DQ you if you don't serve the manditory pitstop before the last lap (offcourse if manditory pitsstop is on in the lobby) And in our casses, we did do the pitstop and did at least 1 more lap after the pitstops so no extra time was gained for us.

Dannyvdmeer

Formula Karter
Apr 13, 2017
The game should DSQ if you fail to complete a mandatory pit-stop.

If it doesn't, then we will post-race because it's a core function of the race format. A time penalty doesn't work, because of the varying pit-lane loss per track. By not pitting, you also gain by not having to attack the pit-entry, or risk missing your pit-box, or speeding in the pit-lane. Plus, who's to say you didn't gain more time as people pitted around you.

It was written in the rules/info. The announcement thread and the sign-up thread. It was made very clear. You have to make a mandatory stop, and you have to make it before the last 5 laps. If you don't, you get disqualified.
Heey @Stevie , Thanks for the explanation! Offcourse we did do the manditory pitstop and completed the in/outlap since we did at least 1 more lap afterwards. The only thing we missed was doing this before the 5 final laps. Why is this still being punished with a DQ since no time was lost or gained on that point?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Heey @Stevie , Thanks for the explanation! Offcourse we did do the manditory pitstop and completed the in/outlap since we did at least 1 more lap afterwards. The only thing we missed was doing this before the 5 final laps. Why is this still being punished with a DQ since no time was lost or gained on that point?
Disqualification is no compromise. How much should a time penalty be? Should it put you 10 seconds behind where you came out? 20 seconds? It stops people ending their races in the pits. Everyone else managed to stick to the very large pit-window. DSQ's are harsh, but they make you learn, or they should. I bet you won't make the mistake again? :p

Dannyvdmeer

Formula Karter
Apr 13, 2017
Disqualification is no compromise. How much should a time penalty be? Should it put you 10 seconds behind where you came out? 20 seconds? It stops people ending their races in the pits. Everyone else managed to stick to the very large pit-window. DSQ's are harsh, but they make you learn, or they should. I bet you won't make the mistake again? :p
I will defenitely not make mistake again no:lol:. But than again i didn't end my race in the pits. I just think i would be way more fair if a time penalty (don't really care how much) would be given for the voilantion since the pitstop was still fully completed.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I will defenitely not make mistake again no:lol:. But than again i didn't end my race in the pits. I just think i would be way more fair if a time penalty (don't really care how much) would be given for the voilantion since the pitstop was still fully completed.
Well, you can think that, that's quite alright. It's staying as a DSQ though. There's no excuse to miss it. You have like 90% of the race to pit. It's a large enough window.

Reactions: Dannyvdmeer

borates

Pro Karter
Feb 5, 2018
not bad start of a season for me, I thought that tier 2 is to good for me but it turns out that I had a lot of fun racing with @dakuza and @Midweekcoma (I hope i didn't ruin a race for you @dakuza, after my pitstop car was a bit unstable and I almost lost it in first or second corner and you were very close behind me and you were right it was so hard to overtake and @Midweekcoma drove so consistent, there was no way I could overtake him, good job ;) )
I've made a couple of mistakes, lost some places but in the end I finished on 12 position, compares to my firs race last season it was a huge improvement :)

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
This did not go as planned. 16th in qualy, I had some issues with traffic, but my laptime was pretty decent.
I managed to avoid that crash at 1st lap and gained some positions, but than I spun and things all went south. I spun again and tapped @S4Howie from behind, sorry for that, I hope you didn't have any damage. In lap 8 I spun at the last hairpin with @Gosku and @rciq crashing into me - really sorry for that guys, I just lost it :-( I took a lot of damage, had to pit for repairs. I didn't to any major mistakes after that.
Thank you @Midweekcoma for letting me go, even though I was 1 lap behind you. I really wanted to chase down @DANGEROUS GIANETTA :)
Than I found myself behind @TicklishPicklewickle. I think I was a bit faster, but overtaking on this track is nearly impossible. So, when I saw @Newy656 gaining on us, being 1 lap behind him, I saw an opportunity :-D I let him go and when @Newy656 was lapping @TicklishPicklewickle in front of me , I tried to find my way around too ... I was so surprised it worked, I almost ended up in gravel, trying to leave space in turn 6 :-D
I ended up 16th, which is not that bad, considering my 2 spins and 1 crash.
I guess I will have to focus on consistency again for future races :)
Anyway, it was fun, lot of battling :) Congrats to @Newy656, @John_Beauregard and @Lusti :)

Gosku

Pro Karter
Apr 23, 2018
Awful race by me had decent start stayed off the trouble and gained couple places due crashes and spins but had @Smolda spinning(its all good) and decided to pit and go for wild strategy of only changing hards for rears but had leaders catching right as i came out so never got couple of clean laps to make car feel even relatively good and due to that had couple spins and latest lead to crash with engine damage and total loss of rear so had 2+min pit so i was already 3 laps down and any chance of fighting for positions gone and as i didnt get my tires changed to all new ones i knew balance was way off with cold temps and softs on front and hards on rear.

Like a real trooper i kept on going trying to get used to audi and trying to see if there was missfortune on others to even score a one point(long season?). First 3 laps i had like 5 spins and little damage but i kept on going and balance felt actually quite nice and pace wasnt too far off considering damage on clean laps when i had temps up when not letting cars pass me ? I hope i didnt block any one too much as i was way out of race i think most part it was ok.

I knew that my pace was mid pack at most but i tried to just get through as my race prep was poor (30min + race practice tuesday on amg and 1h practice before race on audi) most importantly i got more used to how audi drives and valuable race experience so next week hopefully way stronger.

Reactions: Newy656 and dakuza

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
not bad start of a season for me, I thought that tier 2 is to good for me but it turns out that I had a lot of fun racing with @dakuza and @Midweekcoma (I hope i didn't ruin a race for you @dakuza, after my pitstop car was a bit unstable and I almost lost it in first or second corner and you were very close behind me and you were right it was so hard to overtake and @Midweekcoma drove so consistent, there was no way I could overtake him, good job ;) )
I've made a couple of mistakes, lost some places but in the end I finished on 12 position, compares to my firs race last season it was a huge improvement :)
Nope we didn't even touch. I also caused a near miss with you when slowing down after T4 to slow down as I went wide after T3 with all wheels on the grass. Went as far left as I could but caught you by surprise as you closed to pass me, luckily there was no contact and you got by unharmed.

I share your pain with trying to pass @Midweekcoma ! He drove cleanly, makes no mistakes and is just impossible to pass! Good work @Midweekcoma ?