PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 2 - Round 3 Indianapolis Road Course - 04.07.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 2 - Round 3 Indianapolis Road Course - 04.07.18 @8PM UK time

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017

ROUND 3 - Indianapolis Road Course
Event Information:
Date: Wednesday July 4th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Endurance Race: 63 laps (1+62)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 13 May 2018 - 02:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Special Information for Round3 and Round7
● GT3 Endurance Race 1 Round3 Reverse starting Grid forming order:

When the lights go out everyone stays stationary for about 5 seconds. Everyone will then move slightly to the side of the track to make a clear path in the middle. The coordinator will call out the names for the starting order, once you hear your name you drive safely trough the middle lane until you are at the back of the train in your correct position. The leader and the train behind him need to wait at the end of sector one in order for everyone to catch up. In the process it might happen that you accidentally be 1 place up or down compared to the position you should be in. Try to coordinate with the person you need to switch with to get into the correct position. The coordinator will give a sign when the leader is allowed to start the formation lap.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Show:

Last edited:
Reactions: abr_8082

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
And Racers be aware of the Pit Exit:
And an important note! Watch the pit exit :)
After the end of the pit wall, the natural urge is to swing left onto the track, but you've got to stay right of the braking markers. Feels a little unnatural at first.
To avoid penalties, made a clip to show the exit :)

Reactions: dakuza and Nagrom

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@S4Howie So i get double punished?
Bcs i got kicked out in the first race and not even scored 1 point i have to start from the back again?

sounds legit ?

DaWu

May 22, 2017
@S4Howie @Stephan

I signed up for a "reversed grid".
You cant just come up with some crazy things later on (29.062018 isnt the signup date).
What about the guys who were not able to funish bcs of getting crashed or somehting?
Why do you punish them so hard?
You cant just come up or change rules after the season start, sorry to say that but thats not how it goes.

I got crashed 2 times in the first race and my race was over, after that my Wheel died and i wasnt able to race...
and now i have to start from the back after you came up with addidional rules no one signed up for !?

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@S4Howie @Stephan

I signed up for a "reversed grid".
You cant just come up with some crazy things later on (29.062018 isnt the signup date).
What about the guys who were not able to funish bcs of getting crashed or somehting?
Why do you punish them so hard?
You cant just come up or change rules after the season start, sorry to say that but thats not how it goes.

I got crashed 2 times in the first race and my race was over, after that my Wheel died and i wasnt able to race...
and now i have to start from the back after you came up with addidional rules no one signed up for !?
Hi Dawu

Thanks for your feedback. I understand you are not happy.
We’ve had the quoted procedure decided long before the season but we just did not document it properly among all of the other changes. That’s an oversight on our end and I apologize for that.
Still, this is the procedure long planned and we feel this is fair towards the majority of drivers, rewarding attendance and finishing.

With over 140 drivers on PC alone, we need to have clear and transparent guidelines without much room for interpretation to enable a consistent experience. Such rules sometimes hit drivers like yourself who had technical issues. While I understand your frustration I hope you understand hat we can’t start making exceptions.

Moving ahead, we are learning from this and ensure that any such rule changes in S11, if they come or not, will be documented transparently and in time.

DaWu

May 22, 2017
Hi Dawu

Thanks for your feedback. I understand you are not happy.
We’ve had the quoted procedure decided long before the season but we just did not document it properly among all of the other changes. That’s an oversight on our end and I apologize for that.
Still, this is the procedure long planned and we feel this is fair towards the majority of drivers, rewarding attendance and finishing.

With over 140 drivers on PC alone, we need to have clear and transparent guidelines without much room for interpretation to enable a consistent experience. Such rules sometimes hit drivers like yourself who had technical issues. While I understand your frustration I hope you understand hat we can’t start making exceptions.

Moving ahead, we are learning from this and ensure that any such rule changes in S11, if they come or not, will be documented transparently and in time.

Yeah i can understand that there should be rules, but there were nothing as we all signed up. (so you can just come up with somehting 5 days before the race starts, drivers need to stay within the ruels so does the cods and changing somehting right before the race isnt right)

I can understand if some one didnt show up and had no good reason why ect.
But why punish some one who already go punished not scoring points and beeing able to race?
We're driver and we want to race, and the goal is to score points.
If we get kicked out or have other problems we're not able to score points.
Thats already a punishment.

But getting forced to race from the back bcs i already got punished is a very bad move...
And i dont think that guys will be angry that guys wo had problems in the first races are allowed to race from their championship position.

Its fair that p8-p9 start from almost the same position they are in the championship when there are more then 26 driver, just bcs others had problems already like DCS or chrashes???

Last edited:

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yeah i can understand that there should be rules, but there were nothing as we all signed up. (so you can just come up with somehting 5 days before the race starts, drivers need to stay within the ruels so does the cods and changing somehting right before the race isnt right)

I can understand if some one didnt show up and had no good reason why ect.
But why punish some one who already go punished not scoring points and beeing able to race?
We're driver and we want to race, and the goal is to score points.
If we get kicked out or have other problems we're not able to score points.
Thats already a punishment.

But getting forced to race from the back bcs i already got punished is a very bad move...
And i dont think that guys will be angry that guys wo had problems in the first races are allowed to race from their championship position.

Its fair that p8-p9 start from almost the same position they are in the championship when there are more then 26 driver, just bcs others had problems already like DCS or chrashes???
Hi again,

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.
As mentioned, I apologize that clarifying this detail prior to the season slipped below our radar. As you are aware, we’ve changed multiple things in this season and posting the specifics for this was simply overlooked by us, incl. myself.
While I can understand your unhappiness, we had a similar discussion in another tier, with the same arguments pro and contra.

Rest assured we take this feedback in for the future and will do our best to have such changes fully documented with future announcements.

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
@DaWu the organisators have no intention to punish you more. They have done clear rules how to form the starting order for us coordinators. This rules take in account if drivers did finish thier race and and how many DNS or DSQ they had. Drivers are split in 3 Groups and the reserve of those Grps builts the Grid Order.This way all drivers treated equally.
Unforunatly you are in Grp3 because of 1 DNF and 1 DNS. Like Stephan said we can just apologize that it wasnt in rules transparently from begin.

@S4Howie So i get double punished?
Bcs i got kicked out in the first race and not even scored 1 point i have to start from the back again?
Its was your own decicion to not finnish you race and stay in pits until the end. Hence you punished yourself. @Gosku finnished his race althoug he had like you nothing really to win anymore.

DaWu

May 22, 2017
@S4Howie so i had to creep back to pits with a 90° wrong way steering totaly broken car? my crash was right after the pit entry :)
(driving the wrong way isnt allowed)
and bcs my Wheel broke i wasnt able to race the 2nd one.
But that would be group 2 anyway
so i may gained 4 positions :)

Sorry to say that, but i cant see the "fair for every one" part there.
Bcs of others and bcs of things happend in rl i wasnt able to finish the first 2 races.
That is a punishment in itself.

And not beeing able to race fair like every one in the next race i get punished again.
Bcs it was decided to not make a Quali for the 3rd race i need to deal with what you give us.

And even tho how unfair that is for me i need to race now with the given.

Edit:
Just put me down to last, i want to race from the back now :)
Dont see why i should be in front of one of the guys below me, and bcs you cant tell me "why" i want to be last.

Last edited:

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
For sure there is not much luck in here with you crash right after the pit entry and also that your wheel is broken down. What multiplicats it now with the lack of information about the Reseverse Grid Forming Rules. But you can not blame others nor your hardware for that the outcome is even worse.In no way you was kicked out by intention and in no way one competitor did sabotage your wheel.

See it as a challenge now its a long race and a still long season to go.Btw you have a new wheel? You are Endurance approved so i want to see you finnishing in Top10. .

Reactions: D.Brezancic

DaWu

May 22, 2017
For sure there is not much luck in here with you crash right after the pit entry and also that your wheel is broken down. What multiplicats it now with the lack of information about the Reseverse Grid Forming Rules. But you can not blame others nor your hardware for that the outcome is even worse.In no way you was kicked out by intention and in no way one competitor did sabotage your wheel.

See it as a challenge now its a long race and a still long season to go.Btw you have a new wheel? You are Endurance approved so i want to see you finnishing in Top10. .
I dont blame anyone for both races!!!!
But reversed is reversed.
And giving me a added punishment is even worse and my motivation is around 0 now.

No got a wheel of a friend.
Its bad but atleast i can race^^

"see it as a challange" ? dont talk to me like that plz^^

Yeah a long season but my goal for Top 5 is already gone bcs of that and with starting from the back there is nothing to get in the next race aswell :)

And I want to start dead last so there is no TOP 10 for me :)
Its not like i'm a lot faster or somehting as the guys in front.
And my motivaiton is 0 so i'll not practice much and already thinking about leaving the season anyway bcs of my broken wheel.

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
To all drivers: Be careful in turn 1 (as always). Monday's practice race was carnage in turn 1. You have cold tires, brakes and a full tank, you need to brake earlier than you think. In lap 1, be ready to brake even before the 500 board, and be ready to come to a complete stop.

It is a very long race, so you don't need to get in front on first lap, please take it easy and don't ruin someones race because you are in a hurry. If You are fast, I'm sure You will get there before the end.

Make sure You don't cut the corner in turn 12. It's a bit tricky because the white line is not against the stones in that corner. White line is the limit! (marked red on the picture below)

Stewards will do random checks for this race! If we see too many cuts, everyone will be checked

@Mattster @Gosku @borates @Midweekcoma @marley 57 @Smolda @ShaggyDan @Shooter80 @Cleeuwn @Lusti @Rickybrosh @dakuza @Newy656 @mikkisbee @rciq @TheGW
@Oblit0r @Glen-Alz-81 @DaWu @DANGEROUS GIANETTA @Doc @StormENT @Niclas Domino

Last edited:

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for notifying us about that corner, if you hadn't I am 100% sure I would get a DSQ.
Maybe it's an idea to tag every Tier 2 driver to make sure they see this?
I think most people think the white line is at the end of the curb.

DaWu

May 22, 2017
Should we make a guessing game out of what happend to me? :D

even tho i may get a Black list out of this, I'm 90% sure that i'll leave this season now.

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks @Insulaventus, also for the broadcast. Too bad about the first part of the stream. still over an hour to watch :)

Had a fun race, worked my way up from P18 to P3. Put in a lot of time to setup the car and practice for this race.
Had a bit of trouble trying to overtake @Lusti, but I saw him struggle with his car, which got my hopes up for him making a mistake, so I tried to put him under some pressure :p
Was a fun battle nonetheless, great driving!

After that I just tried to keep consistent, hitting mainly 25s. Worked my way up through the field, not too much battling going on.
Was driving mainly in clean air, which also helped a lot. Slowly but gradually catching up to the guys in front.

Decided to go with a stable setup, a lot of downforce (2 front - 12 rear). Car felt great up until the pitstop.
Track probably cooled down too much, lost heat in the tires and was struggling like crazy during breaking.
Got totally caught off guard, almost lost the car a couple of time in the heavy braking zones.

Thanks for the race everyone! And congrats to @rciq and @Midweekcoma for P1 and P2!

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Not a great race for me, made up 3 place in the opening laps but Lap 4 closely following @S4Howie as he turned into T7 I got rear ended which pushed me into howie, this caused damage & I guess for howie as well sorry mate. then the following lap coming out the last corner @TheGW spun, @Doc hit him, I moved to the the left but still made contact putting me in a spin then I think @DANGEROUS GIANETTA had now were to go but into me (sorry mate), now with a fair amount of damage I just carried on to use up enough fuel to still do a 1 stopper, Pitted on Lap11 for repairs & fuel, by the time I came out several of the leaders had passed putting me a lap down.
So I just had to plod on hoping to make up the odd place when the guys ahead finally pitted.

Had a great battle with @Glen-Alz-81 for the last 8 or so laps, he was faster on the straights but I was quicker through the corners & he defended well so had to settle for 16th

Congrats to @rciq for the win, my teammate @Midweekcoma for a great 2nd place & @Oblit0r for rounding up the podium

rciq

Formula Karter
Dec 21, 2017
I had my mind set on driving safely and I guess it worked, although I was lucky to avoid a couple incidents (one of which was @TheGW's white Renault spinning literally in front of my nose). I really struggled with rear end grip for the last 10 laps, probably because I never tested this setup properly in colder track conditions. My laptimes were down by about 1sec near the end, but somehow I managed to catch and and overtake @Midweekcoma. I'm really happy I didn't kill us both in the process;)

Congrats @Midweekcoma for P2 and my best ever teammate @Oblit0r for P3:) I think we finished only 3 seconds apart from each other. I'd say it's super close for a race of this duration.

Reactions: dakuza and Oblit0r