AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 2 - Round 8 - Hockenheim GP - 08.08.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 2 - Round 8 - Hockenheim GP - 08.08.18 @8PM UK time

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017

ROUND 8 - Hockenheim GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 8th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 36 laps (35+1)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 23 September 2018 - 16:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 23 September 2018 - 17:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Midweekcoma
@Rickybrosh

Reserve allowed to Race:
@AEIDOLONE

Last edited:

WMDRMartin

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 31, 2017
I've been doing some practice, and the best qually time i can set in the lambo is a 1:38:8
When it comes to full fuel runs, I can't go faster than a 1:39:7, with an average of i'd say 1:40:3.
(also in full fuel runs i'm having overheating issues on my lefts after several laps)

How about you guys?

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
I went on yesterday for my first practice, spent about 1 half hours, was just off your full fuel run times, not tried any quali testing yet, guess I'll find out if I do the practice race tonight, Are the softs any good for quali?

WMDRMartin

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 31, 2017
I went on yesterday for my first practice, spent about 1 half hours, was just off your full fuel run times, not tried any quali testing yet, guess I'll find out if I do the practice race tonight, Are the softs any good for quali?
I tried the softs but the rears slide everywhere after just one lap for me, i don't recommend them

Reactions: Newy656

marley 57

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 20, 2017
@Newy656 Softs are manageable for qually. They're fine in s1 and s2 but really struggle with under-steer in s3. Also it's kinda dangerous to do qually with softs, (where u have a massive amount of breaking grip) and then changing to hards where u have very little grip especially in the first few laps. I'd be worried about creating a massive pile up in t2 or t3 at the start of the race.

Newy656

Premium Member
May 18, 2015
@Newy656 Softs are manageable for qually. They're fine in s1 and s2 but really struggle with under-steer in s3. Also it's kinda dangerous to do qually with softs, (where u have a massive amount of breaking grip) and then changing to hards where u have very little grip especially in the first few laps. I'd be worried about creating a massive pile up in t2 or t3 at the start of the race.
Yer I did try the softs just before yesterday's practice race, OK for maybe 1 or 2 laps but that's about it, found the hards much better once warmed up, still not happy with my setup but it will have to do, not doing anymore practice, Just too damn hot here

Fistopheles

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
First things first, congrats to @marley 57 , @Cleeuwn and @rciq for finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Really solid and consistent performance.

Alrighty alright. Where do I start? The start. The first few laps were pretty exciting good battles, some people lost positions some gained 'em. There were a few incidents with drivers losing control and spinning. After that it all pretty much settled in. I find it hard to wrap my head around it. Towards the end there was little going on. I think we need a larger grid as Hockenheim usually produces great racing. Maybe it was my mood as well. I feel like my commentary wasn't that good today, maybe it was the heat. Not sure. I think my brain resembled scrambled eggs today.
Anyways I'm looking forward to next week for ?Sugo?

Gosku

Pro Karter
Apr 23, 2018
Well completely opposite for me compared to last week. I re did my almost my entire setup and focused to have high grip levels through the race no matter what pace the setup had and it showed and i felt confident in car through the race without having to guess where the grip is and where is ice :D so more than happy about that but having made setup much more stable from tuesdays practice race just to ensure balance meant i was bit slower on the actual race so there is room for improvement.

But about the race had okayish qualifying made mistake on last lap coming into hairpin being up 0.3s which would have made 4 or 5 places in very tight midfield but had start on p13 on the grid. Race start wasnt too bad but rest of the lap one just didnt get tyres to work so lost couple places and dropped second to last and when i started to settle on the track got couple places from spinning cars and by the 4th lap i was on back of @S4Howie fighting for p12 and followed him for couple of laps but didnt really make any ground on the straights to try and pull an overtake so lap 6 i decided to go for pits and try to get some clean laps and ended up running pretty much on my own for rest of the race finishing p11 uneventful race but good result nontheless tying with season best.

Going for next weeks race i only have pretty much positives so looking forward for wet sugo :D

Last edited:

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Not a good race for me, so this will be a short one.

Qualified 10th, which wasn't bad with the times being so tight. In the race, the car was good, the setup was good, I was happy with my pace, and I was driving pretty well. Well enough that I relaxed, lost focus, spun at T1, didn't react quick enough and hit the wall. I pitted for repairs, but I by that point frustration had set in, and I ended up spinning again, then again later as my primary concern was avoiding the leaders lapping me, and just driving till the end.

I can't blame the car, as every one of them would have been catch-able. I just zoned out a bit and wasn't paying enough attention. I'll need to have a good think about that for the next race.

Congrats to @marley 57 for the long overdue win, @Cleeuwn for running him so close, and @rciq for rounding off the podium.

Thanks to @TicklishPicklewickle and @S4Howie for hosting and organising, and to @Fistopheles and @Insulaventus for doing the commentary.

The only way is up for me after the last two races, so hopefully that starts at Sugo.

Cheers!

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
FFS!!!!!! I keep on shooting myself in the foot. After a good start and avoiding all the trouble I found myself P4 until lap 11 when I had my first obligatory spin which pushed me down to 6th with @TicklishPicklewickle behind me. He pitted at the end of lap 18 about a second behind me and we must of had similar pace as when I pitted at the end of lap 29 we came out side by side. Sadly for me he won the battle into turn 1 and I spent a couple of laps trying to get past him. Then came my second spin of the race which was a strange one. Dirty air got me sideways which I immediately caught only to spin a fraction of a second later whilst getting back on the throttle. This pushed me down to 10th where I stayed until the end.

As if spinning twice wasn't bad enough I just discovered that my final drive was set for top speed and not acceleration. Not sure how much of a difference it would have made in an online race but a quick test offline and I went faster with race fuel than I did in qualifying yesterday!! So overall I'm my own worst enemy at the moment.

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.08.09 - 12.47.54.30.png

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Congrats to @marley 57 for the win and @Cleeuwn for a close 2nd! Thanks for @Fistopheles and @Insulaventus for the commentary. You got both times I was actually battling in the race on tape, much appreciated. :)

On to the disaster of a race. Had terrible practice races with VR crapping out so I was mentally prepared for the game ruining my race. To my surprise can't blame the game for this one as I had no problems with only a single lag moment. Managed to do it all by myself as shown by the video from lap 1.

I had never been even close to crashing T7 but found a way to do it in the race. Touched the outside curb and it launched me into a wall damaging my suspension and aero. Limped back to the pits and was securely in last place after some lengthy repairs.

Eventually caught up to @S4Howie and @mikkisbee to have a brief battle that ended with me and @S4Howie making contact. Rest of the race I was just driving alone and trying to let leaders pass easily.

Expecting much more from Sugo in the rain. Time for the M6 to shine!

Newy656

Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Race 5th: after the Monday night practice I wasn't expecting much but pretty happy with the result, after closely following @Mattster & unable to make a pass I decided on lap 5 to dive into the pits for an early stop hoping to get some clean air which ment I didn't meet up with anyone for around 15 laps, had a brief battle with @Lusti when I made a slight error but that was pretty much it.

In the final laps I found myself catching @Oblit0r, calculating that I would catch him within the last lap so I started to push that little bit more but it was so easy to spin out & I made couple of small errors costing me vital time so I crossed the line just over a second behind.

Congrats to @marley 57 you have been improving each race & it was only a matter of time before you took the win, well deserved. Also congrats to @Cleeuwn & @rciq for 2nd & 3rd place.

I away tomorrow till Tuesday for my wedding anniversary so I'll have very little practice for the next race, so I'm hoping my teammate @Midweekcoma will sort me a nice stable setup out (pretty please) (y)

marley 57

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 20, 2017
Bit late but seeing as this is my best result, thought I'd might as well share my thoughts. I kinda knew the lambo was going to be very good here however getting pole was totally
unexpected so apologies for not knowing the starting procedure.
The race itself was a tad uneventful, I was really pleased with my pace, putting in low to mid 39's for large portions of the race. The problem though, @Cleeuwn was posting the same times too, so I was under constant pressure throughout. The lambo was probably the better car and had cleeuwn chosen it, I think he would've won.
Pretty damn delighted to get the win though as this tier is so competitive. Congrats to @Cleeuwn and @rciq for your respective 2nd and 3rd.

Sugo in the rain next, not particularly optimistic about that. We have lots of guys here that thrive in the wet most notably @Newy656 (enjoy your anniversary man) @Cleeuwn, @dakuza, @ShaggyDan, and @Rickybrosh so will look forward to see how this plays out.

As always thanks @S4Howie and @TicklishPicklewickle for your work. And again even though there were a few lulls during the race,, your commentary still made the race entertaining to watch @Fistopheles so thank you.