PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 4 - ROUND 3 - Indianapolis Road Course | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 4 - ROUND 3 - Indianapolis Road Course

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 3 - Indianapolis Road Course

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday July 4th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Endurance Race: 63 laps (1+62)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 13 May 2018 - 02:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Show:
@Rysio666
@morphee7
@Szekely915

Reserves allowed to race:
@chasegaminguk
@RiffMajster
@S.Takhar
@Hetharion

Last edited:

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Might I suggest a 10 minute practice session just to make sure everybody is in, synced up to the game, wheels working etc.

I notice sometimes people leaving qualifying and rejoining because the wheel isn’t working etc. Obviously if we go straight into a race that might be an issue for some.

Reactions: R.Zukowski

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
Might I suggest a 5 minute practice session just to make sure everybody is in, synced up to the game, wheels working etc.

I notice sometimes people leaving qualifying and rejoining because the wheel isn’t working etc. Obviously if we go straight into a race that might be an issue for some.
That's what we did in Touring car league (it didn't have quali), so I assume we do this for the S10 races too that don't have quali.

Reactions: JKay14

JKay14

Jun 5, 2018
That's what we did in Touring car league (it didn't have quali), so I assume we do this for the S10 races too that don't have quali.
Could be worth getting some clarity on that. Plus everybody then needs to get into reverse championship order which will be fun lol

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
Could be worth getting some clarity on that. Plus everybody then needs to get into reverse championship order which will be fun lol
I will post the starting order as soon as I have time to set it up and get a confirmation from staff that it looks ok. If everyone remembers their starting position then someone can call out the numbers and we can form up based on that, shouldn't be a problem.

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2017
@poisike78 I was literally about to request a 5-10 minute qualifying session so I can fix my game. Every AOR race my wheel doesn't work in qualifying, exiting the game and rejoining the lobby always solves the issue and allows me to start the race with no issues. I don't know why its only AOR races this happens in and never happens in pub lobbies or practice lobbies but hey. Either way, a 5-10 minute qualifying session so I can fix my **** when it inevitably breaks will be greatly appreciated, otherwise I know for a fact my wheel will die on the start grid and I'd like to keep my DNS results to a minimum :p

Look on the bright side, we could use it to all set slow laps and rig the results so we don't have to do much shuffling if at all on the formation lap, I know first hand how time consuming that can be :D

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2017
I mean every time this has occurred its been the qualifying session that I rejoined and fixed my issue, and we know what this game is capable of in regards to bugs, so I'd rather not provoke it :p

JKay14

Jun 5, 2018
This is going to be a nightmare in the discord. “What position am I”
“What position do I need to be in”
“Where am I”

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
“Where am I”
It is going to be a nightmare for me to pronounce the names on Discord, that's why I suggested that everyone should remember their starting position, then we could just call out positions: one, two, three and so on.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
“Where am I”
We have done a lot of custom grids in the past and sorting out the grid never has been a problem.

• Agree
Reactions: Shooter80

ZeFau

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Errrm are you sure about the order? Shouldn't it rather start with Hetharion on P1 and end with Jkay14 on P30? Or are there other factors counting into the starting order I fail to see?

• Agree
Reactions: morphee7 and Pirate

JKay14

Jun 5, 2018
We have done a lot of custom grids in the past and sorting out the grid never has been a problem.
Yeah hopefully. I'm sure it'll be ok.

Errrm are you sure about the order? Shouldn't it rather start with Hetharion on P1 and end with Jkay14 on P30? Or are there other factors counting into the starting order I fail to see?
Yeah I thought that too... perhaps they take into account DNS and DNF's?

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2017
I'll take P3, no idea why I'm there but I'll take it. All aboard the dog train ladies and gents :p

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
It is more complicated then just a reverse order. I will quote @Stephan :
1. Reverse grid of everyone who finished both races
2. Reverse of everyone finished 1 race
3. Everyone else

• Informative
Reactions: ZeFau

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2017
Prepare to be held up for precisely 3 corners until you all stream past me on the straight because I'm in a McLaren ;)

morphee7

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2018
well this should of been in the main rules and not on the week of the round then people would of stayed going round and round 5 laps down for at least something, and plus its unfair to those who get disconnected or have technical issues ?