PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 1- Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 1- Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
I'll see if my VR -setup can handle streaming. It was struggling in evaluation race so might not be able to do it.

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Are there drivers in this tier who stream their PoV? I believe @Stephan streams most of his races, but don’t know of anyone else. A friend of mine would like to see the races I am in, but I highly doubt we get an AOR-commentator in this tier. Do the more people that are streaming, the better picture he get’s of this race/league =D
not sure about streaming, but i'll record the races and upload my POV on youtube

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
about that, can we have a sticky thread or post where we can pool all the streaming/VOD links and maybe other useful links? @GIXXERosg @Stephan

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
I have just started to stream to YouTube and it's my plan to stream all raves this season

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@Stephan @Happyal27 Do you two mind sharing your Twitch/YouTube-name? Makes it a lot easier than when I have to search through the entirety of YouTube and Twitch. I already subscribed to Stephan's YouTube.

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
Hi @Gwegwyn my Youtube channel is below, but don't expect too much from me. I'm quite slow and I make alot of mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4KoJRk1QyBB-qOVxUShoug?view_as=subscriber

I'll be doing a little cleanup in the next few days. I'm new to streaming and I've been messing with setting it up. I've been using it as a training aid in the last few days too. I'll be deleting these videos and just leave up the Season races.

Captain Slow

Apr 4, 2018
So the practice race went exactly as I thought it would. Had to rush to make it and accidently left my wheel at 360 degrees which was too tight. Had some alright pace but setup way too loose and span like 3 times... A lot of work to do...

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
With the new rules everybody has to pit once. Since the entry to the pit is at an akward point on this track, isn’t it an idea to call out when entering (and maybe even exiting) pit to avoid unnecessary accidents? I have to brake on the racingline with the Aston to be able to slow down enough when entering pit and I’d rather not get plowed into the back by someone.

Captain Slow

Apr 4, 2018
As everybody is not on discord with a mic, maybe tapping breaks a couple of times as a warning?

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yes, pit stops area mandatory. I recommend calling out when pitting or leaving the pit if there are cars in close proximity.

Aarup

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 20, 2017
How long before a race does us reserve generally know if we can participate in the race?

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
How long before a race does us reserve generally know if we can participate in the race?
That's a good question! It can be rather short notice, depending when we get notified if someone can't race.

However! There are only very few tracks allowing 26 (I believe Brno and Sugo) drivers only. So, any track with a higher number of pits, reserves can join.

Sonoma has 32 pits, meaning everyone will be able to race :)

Reactions: Aarup

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hey Guys,

Just want to post a few reminders for today's race.

- Make sure to be in the Tier 5 discord, you do not need to have a mic but must be in the discord. Lobby password will be announced in Discord.

- DO NOT hit the RED return to lobby button unless TOLD to do so! Sometimes it will take a while for the lobby to load up.

- Do not go on Green, sit idle for a few seconds after green and then we will begin the formation lap. If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

- A mandatory pit stop must be done before the last 5 laps of the race. You can stop after the 1st lap unless you have damage. Make sure to set your strategy's.

- If the lobby for some reason splits, KEEP RACING. We'll figure out scoring/positions with overall times.

- Have your headlights turned on.

- If you don't already use Crew Chief it's very encouraged. It also does a decent job of letting you know when the guy in front is pitting and if someone is exiting the pits. http://thecrewchief.org/

Hopefully that covers the main things but if you have questions feel free to ask and we'll go over it again in discord.

Reactions: Gwegwyn