PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 1- Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 1- Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Pit stops how and when todo:

You are allowed to enter the pit at the end of lap 3 (formation lap+1 race lap must be fully done). Also, you are not allowed to do the mandatory pitstop after lap 35 (unless you have damage, are short on fuel and things like that).

2.2 Pit stops

● Stay within the white line and obey the speed limit (60 KPH) when entering and exiting the pit lane. If you cause a dangerous situation by crossing the pit entrance or exit line, or if this is done in a way that blatantly gains time or track position, you will be penalised. Remember to assign your pit limiter button as well.

● New for season 10, pit stops are now mandatory, so you must come into the pits at least once. We will be running with the 'force mandatory pit-stop' function on. Therefore, you must come into the pits at least once.

● Pit stops are mandatory, but what constitutes a pit stop? You are required to do the following,
- Enter the pit-lane, applying the pit-limiter.
- Completely stop in your box.
- Leave the pit-lane safely.

You therefore are not required by the rules to change tyres, or refuel, or do any repair work. However, you may complete these changes whilst completing your mandatory pit-stop.

● Pit Window - You may not complete your mandatory stop at the end of the first lap unless you have damage. You must also complete your mandatory stop with 5 laps to go.

● Failure to pit during the race, or complete your mandatory stop as listed by the rules will result in disqualification from the race.

Reactions: Gwegwyn and Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
did a last minute car change, so the goal for this race is purely getting to know my new car choice and not spinning too often. I expect some points, but honestly not many.

Let's see if I can rock the Ginetta!

Reactions: Gwegwyn

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
did a last minute car change, so the goal for this race is purely getting to know my new car choice and not spinning too often. I expect some points, but honestly not many.

Let's see if I can rock the Ginetta!
You should try the Renault, I'll give you my setup. We could be teammates :)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
You should try the Renault, I'll give you my setup. We could be teammates :)
I had a french car once. in winter it changed it's nationality to italian and said "si si si si si no". Not doing that again.
But jokes aside, the Renault has bad visibility to the back, no center mirror and I drive in VR, so I refuse to use the virtual mirror. So the Renault and McLaren were immediately disqualified for me. Try the ginetta in default stable - can share my setup in 20min. if you like it, let's team up!

kevin bolland

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
I am new to pc racing so i am stilll learning everything but how will you guys be communicating throughout the race

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I am new to pc racing so i am stilll learning everything but how will you guys be communicating throughout the race
We will use Discord voice chat. Hit the discord button on top and make sure to request access to the project cars area

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Race update: ODDS on the left, EVENS on the right for formation

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
great race guys really enjoyed that, had a great battle with weasel (my steam name mad mick) but he could handle the pressure a lot better than me ha ha, hards were very slow at the start but got better as the race went on, looking forward to next week. thanks

Reactions: Happyal27

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
First of all congratulations to the podium, well done guys.

I'm a bit mad at myself, I thought I had a good chance at winning this but it wasn't to be. I've done a lot of practice for this race, much more than I've done for a Project cars race before. Quali was OK, I have been doing mid 30's in practice but couldn't get a clean lap. I was OK with 4th.

At the start of the race my car fell onto the grid with a huge hit, I think it's an ongoing bug with Project Cars. I took a tiny bit of damage, but it was just enough for it not to be straight. pitted and fixed the damage, and go out just after the end of the field. Got to say it was a bit manic at the back. I wanted to hold back and see, and was glad I did, as it seemed like half the field had something happen in that downhill left hander.

After that I cruised upto the back of the car in front, he didn't seem to fight so I decided to try to pass him going into the last hairpin. I'm not sure if it was lag, or he saw me late but his car seemed to jump a little, I maybe over reacted but hit the wall just before the pit in, and badly damaged my car...... So back into the pits to fix it.

After that, I was just about ahead of the leader, somehow on the same lap. I got my head down and started doing some laps. I was pretty happy now. I was inching away from 1st place and doing a nice series of high 32's to low 33's. I caught up with some of the pack, and as they pitted, or made some mistakes, was gaining some nice places. I was behind @Stephan and was quite happy to stay there as we caught up with the guys in front. At this time, I had a lapse, we were about to be lapped, and I was watching my mirrors too much and made a mistake. I put it into the wall and spun right in front of the leader, very sorry about that.

I had some suspension and a little aero damage now. wasn't sure if I should pit again and fix it, I tried some corners and it seemed OK so I stayed out. I had to nurse it a little but it was OK. After that I did some OK laps and was around 10th or so, was fairly consistent until I binned it again. I had no choice but to pit and fix it. This one was a long fix, but with only 4 laps to go I didn't have time to do anything else. Finished a disappointing 18th I think.

A bit gutted to know that I had good pace but my own mistakes cost me. I think I started over driving it after the start to try to make it up and the mistakes I did make, always ended up in the wall with either aero or suspension damage. I'm going to chaulk this up to experience and hope for better in the next rounds.

See you all at the next race.

EDIT - forgot to say that the first 5 laps of so where really bad lag, not sure if it was just me or anyone else have bad lag?

Reactions: MTN

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Congrats guys on a good 1st race of the year! It was a tough track and difficult to pass and move over on. We'll work on some general guidelines for what to do if leaders are coming up on you.

If you have any issues you feel like you need to report the Stewards Panel link is HERE

Again great 1st race everyone, it get's intense doesn't it?

Reactions: Happyal27

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Had excellent training today and very happy with my setups. In time trial got into mid 1:29:s but couldn't get a clean lap in quali. Happy to start third however but horrible lag throughout the race and with VR it's very unforgiving in slow corners as I couldn't tell if I was oversteering or just screen shifting.... Had one spin on lap 5 I think and got aero and suspension damage. The lag got slightly better towards the end but it was mostly damage limitation and cruising from there. I guess I have to turn UDP-frequency off but will lose my tactile feedback then... Happy to be on the podium anyway ?

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Captain Slow @Happyal27 I would to see what type of lag you are talking about if possible. I have a double wammy of Fixed Point Wireless and being in the states, so my "lag" was more stuttering not normal "lobby warping type lag" with the rain going on. Basically on top of the hill going down, both hair pins and occasional straights I would get stuttering lag. NO it's not the PC btw, I have a i7 with a 1070. You can also try turning off IPv6.

Every Tuesday there are practice lobbies the same time as race day. Highly recommend trying to attend to see if you can sort it out.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
It was more stuttering and same locations. Have actually same components as well. Yesterday did the practise race and it was butter smooth with same settings although a smaller field.

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
interesting..... I thought it was more on my end

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
well done everyone on the podium!

Certainly a hell of a first race, and not an easy track to start the season on.

Personally, with my car change 1h before the race, I didn't expect much.
Was positively surprised by my qualifying result (P6 if I remember right), quite happy with that given the lack of practice!

For the race, did the same mistake as in the practice race in the beamer, went for hard tires. Had no grip in the first lap and ran wide.
Had to let the entire field pass to rejoin safely.
Dead last, seen some contact and issues ahead of me, was able to capitalize on it and climb through the field, but still had the occasional spin or running wide on cold tires.

By lap 25 my tires started working and lap after lap was a new personal best. @Happyal27 made me sweat quite a bit, but I didn't know he was not in attack mode :)

Finished 16th I think, which was quite OK given the new car and lack of practice.
Love the little Ginetta, with practice I am quite sure I can be competitive!

Hagster

Semi-Pro Karter
May 16, 2018
Yip was an exciting last 3ish laps battling for the lead. Congrats @Gwegwyn great speed and consistency ?

@Hagster unlucky with the back marker rejoining early on...
Yeah it was unlucky, took a while to repair the damages. But at least I managed to comeback from the back to 6th place so the race wasn't a complete disaster.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
If anyone wants to see failure, here is my stream :)

Last edited: