PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8pm UK time

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016

ROUND 2 - Ruapuna Park GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday June 27th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 44 laps (1+43)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 23 April 2018 - 11:00
- Race start time: 23 April 2018 - 12:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:
z60C3zk.jpg

Acceleration Zone:
fX3mi8Z.jpg

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Informed absences: Nommie, zalmoxis91

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
We will be in luck with a dry qualifying under an overcast sky. The race will transition from rain into overcast conditions. Weather progression is Real-Time

YIKES, car setups will be fun on a track I barely know lol

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
We will be in luck with a dry qualifying under an overcast sky. The race will transition from rain into overcast conditions. Weather progression is Real-Time

YIKES, car setups will be fun on a track I barely know lol
Add “in a car I don’t know” - this will be fuuuun!

I’m actually looking forward to practice

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
Question about wet setup? Well set ups in general. Is there a guide, as I have no idea what I'm doing with setup.

My current setup is working OKish, but it eats the front tires in about 5 laps. What do I change to stop that?

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Question about wet setup? Well set ups in general. Is there a guide, as I have no idea what I'm doing with setup.

My current setup is working OKish, but it eats the front tires in about 5 laps. What do I change to stop that?
Check @Yorkie065 youtube channel. He made a ton of setup guides (by area of the setup) and a wet setup video!

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
So, what times are you doing? I’m still in dry practice to learn the track, doing 1:21/1:22 but still lose time as my line is not yet that good. Wet practice was ok, car felt good but lack of track knowledge put me in the dry for more learning.

This will be tricky, with some corners getting tighter. Will require good awareness from all to avoid incidents

• Scared
Reactions: GIXXERosg

Happyal27

Feb 24, 2018
I'm learning in the wet, only don't a couple of dry laps. So far my wet times are 33's

Car actually feels quite good, once the tires wear it can get a little interesting and keeping the temps in them can also be an issue. I need alot more running and I will need to throw together a dry setup too.

Reactions: Stephan

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@Stephan 1:28.575 in the rain after roughly 10 laps with my “standard” tune. Mind you, I have gone trough the struggles of racing a 1,5H race with V8 Super Cars on this track. So I do not have to learn the track. Still, what a completely shite track this is...

Anyway, I will let you know how much more I will improve my laptime. 1:28 flat shoul be doable I guess

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Thanks! Then I know what to aim for :) I think that’s doable. I assume your dry times are 1:18-ish?

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
18-ish? I hear there is room in T-4? correction... that would be T1 lol

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
I would be able to run low 19's with a dedicated dry setup. But with my "rain" setup with dry tires I manage to run 1:20,7 consistently.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I would be able to run low 19's with a dedicated dry setup. But with my "rain" setup with dry tires I manage to run 1:20,7 consistently.
Good info! I think i might be able to get to the 20s

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
damit all... I guess I better start putting in some track time. FAST guys always spoil everything!

Happyal27

Feb 24, 2018
Wow 28's, It looks like I need to find quite a bit of pace. At least I now what to aim for.

@Gwegwyn how much do you have to push the car to get those times? Is that a race pace?

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@GIXXERosg I never considered myself as a fast driver. I maybe am fast in this tier, but I highly doubt I would be able to run with the fast guys in tier 1 or 2.

Offtopic: Looking at your profile pic and your name, I take it you ride a GSX-R?

@Happyal27 Full tank of fuel. Trying to be as smooth as possible, while at the same time running "competative" and consistent laptimes. Yes, I would consider it race pace.