PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 3 - Indianapolis Road - 04.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 3 - Indianapolis Road - 04.07.18 @8pm UK time

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 3 - Indianapolis Road Course

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday July 4th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Endurance Race: 63 laps (1+62)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 13 May 2018 - 02:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Captain Slow @Hagster

Last edited:

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
This is going to be fun!
I love longer races, the longer the better!

Reverse grids are always fun and produce surprises :)
It's important that the fast guys are patient getting by (nobody has to get out of the way, everyone can defend their position) and it's a great test for the guys in midfield and behind to gain more experience fighting for position.

@GIXXERosg will confirm the starting order in the coming days.

I'm looking forward to strategy here too, as we'll have to take on fuel.

How much downforce are you guys running here?
What laptimes are you aiming for?

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
If you can't make the race please let us know ASAP so I can set the grid order. No excuses from you Red Coats, the race is on our INDEPENDENCE DAY and I'm making it lol

• Winner
Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
it's afternoon in the US, so you can bbq and get hammered after the race :)
With the race completed you have even a reason to drink! To celebrate or drown your sorrows :p

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
If it wasn't a long race I probably would of had a beer or three before the start but my old man bladder wouldn't handle it lol

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
It be interesting to see what People do with fuel. Do they go short first, do half and half or go long.

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
The Aston has only rear wing that is adjustable. But I probably run -/0 wing, unless that gives me too much overstear. No idea at laptimes. Never driven around this track in PCars. Think this could be a track that more or less suits the Aston. Anyway, once I have done some practice I will post the laptimes here.

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Done some testing last night and I can do 1:26 for reference, need to play about with downforce and flaps still and do some longer runs to work out fuel strategy...

GIXXERosg

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I have a rough draft of the starting order in the results and standings sheet R3 Qualifying. Captain Slow & Hagster are informed no shows so far and Veasna is no longer in the league. Please plan on getting into discord a little earlier so we can finalize and confirm the order before the race.

Round 3 grid will be determined as follows:
1. Reverse grid of drivers who completed (finished) Round 1 and Round 2
2. Reverse grid of drivers who completed (finished) one of the two previous rounds
3. All other drivers

Reactions: ringman and Stephan

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
I take it we can't use the kerb at the last 90 degree right hander? Since we then exceed track limits? And so far I am running 1:27,9 with loads of oversteer -_-'

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I take it we can't use the kerb at the last 90 degree right hander? Since we then exceed track limits? And so far I am running 1:27,9 with loads of oversteer -_-'
Yep, keep 2 wheels inside the white lines at all times :)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
managed to run 3 1:27.060 in a row, with a full tank and hard tires.
Was really interesting to have 3x the exact same time, with varying sector times and different mistakes :p
Still struggling with the tires a bit, the left ones go up to 110C and the car starts slipping a bit. Feels weirdly better on cold tires...

Did minor setup tweaks, I think I'll be horrible on the straights, the ginetta is generally not the fastest in top speed and I had to slap on a bit of downforce to keep it pointing forward in the corners.
Some of the turns are a b*tch on exit or mid corner weight transfer, car is somewhat twitchy there.

I think my race pace is currently 27s to 28s.

Gotta check my fuel consumption a bit, I think I might be able to just top off with 5-10L on my stop. Full distance run to come, against the AI.

Edit: here are the 3 consistent inconsistent laps, 3x the exact same lap time, 3x totally different mistakes, even dealing with a slow down when overcooking the 3rd lap

Last edited: