PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 3 - Indianapolis Road - 04.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 3 - Indianapolis Road - 04.07.18 @8pm UK time

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@Stephan I meant with “the end of T1” the end of sector 1. On the minimap it’s displayed as “T1”. So it’s just phraseology ;)

Reactions: Stephan

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I turned someone around going into 10, 3-4th lap I believe, the lag got me and I missed judged how close we were. 100% on me and it should be posted in Stewards.

TX3 Sonique

Semi-Pro Karter
May 29, 2018
Really sorry for my technical concern.
See you at Le Mans for the next
My concern was that I made a video for the incident of the last race, and as my wheel (FANATEC) does not stay connected all the time .... I did not remember ....
I knew Indianapolis well.

Still sorry for the inconvenience.

Sonique

Wagner

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 11, 2018
Well, was running 3rd after Voodoo for a while. Going into the pit and coming out 7. Then pcars strikes -> DC. BEING 7th !!! I check my ISP .. no disconnect, I did do windows updates upfront. Noluck. Oh man this is really disappointing ,,,?

Btw. changed to IPv4 along time ago - does not help obviously

Wagner

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 11, 2018
Directly after pitting. Coming out of the pit lane. Turning right. Then I saw a car standing on the track

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
what a race!
Somehow emerged first after the first lap and had the lead. gap was steadily building and I was at my fastest early the race.
But I knew it wouldn't last, as some of you were 1-2 seconds a lap consistenly faster, so I dug in and concentrated on not f'ing up and staying consistent and consistently in the 27s/28s. I think by lap 28 I lost my lead, would never have imagined it lasting that long.
Dropped to 3rd with a lightning fast AMG zipping by. Back 2nd when the leader pitted. The other leader pitted too, giving me another few laps in the lead.
Kept driving consistently, avoiding mistakes until pitting.
Took 10L too much fuel and sadly didn't disable repairs, so I was sitting there for 19 seconds to repair 3 engine damage :(
Came out ahead of Voodoo in 4th, and fully expected him to catch me with 10ish laps to go.
Somehow that didn't happen and I am super thrilled with my 4th place finish :)

In the entire race, only ran off track once, but lost minimal time. Other than that, kept it clean! Lost a lot of grip in the last 10 or so laps with the car wanting to spin at every opportunity, with the track cooling and my tires set for the earlier hotter temps.

ringman

Formula Karter
Jun 8, 2018
Yeah
@Seamas111 Nice win! I think we where quite even on pace.

@ringman I believe I hit you on your rear in the first couple of laps. Sorry for that!
Yeah pretty hard, spun me sideways....luckily no othe contact....I survived and came back to 5th. Haven't watched replay yet, but I think no harm done...Racing incident???

What are your thoughts??

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@MTN did you hit me on the 18th lap on the start finish straight? I lagged and stopped dead as i crossed the line it shows you driving through me on my replay, I got serious suspension damage and went from 5 to 15th after I had to pit. Not to mention my pit strategy was screwed and I was one lap of fuel short of finishing if i wasn't one lap behind the leaders.
Did you even see the incident, did it damage you too? You seem to carry on regardless
Not that is was your fault I guess the lag was on my end. So sorry if it damaged you.

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
How do we log a stewards inquiry? I have 2 incidents too be looked at.

First one was lap 1. I was taking car to brake early into the 90 degree left hander at the end of the back straight, I got hit from behind from @GIXXERosg , he didn't stop but I had to stop to let the field past, and I got damage. I ended up pitting as soon as I could based on fuel to get rid of the damage.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
@MTN did you hit me on the 18th lap on the start finish straight? I lagged and stopped dead as i crossed the line it shows you driving through me on my replay, I got serious suspension damage and went from 5 to 15th after I had to pit. Not to mention my pit strategy was screwed and I was one lap of fuel short of finishing if i wasn't one lap behind the leaders.
Did you even see the incident, did it damage you too? You seem to carry on regardless
Not that is was your fault I guess the lag was on my end. So sorry if it damaged you.
ya that was a strange one, you had a nice gap going down the straight and then all of a sudden you were right in front of me and i had no time to react at all, my car seemed to pass right through you although i did hear a bang alright, i didnt seem to get too much damage or not enough to make me pit anyway but that was the only incident with lag i had all race so not sure what happened

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
My second incident was on lap 17 and was with Diesel Weasel (not sure of his forum name)

I was being lapped by a series of cars, and made a slight mistake on the last left hand, so pulled over a little to let the 3 cars that were behind me past. I thought I clearly pulled over and made it obvious I was letting them past.

2 cars pasted me fine, then Diesel seemed to change his line to tuck in behind me and ram me (it could be lag). He did not stop after this incident. I had major damage, and my lights where out, I had no choice but to pit for the damage.

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
ya that was a strange one, you had a nice gap going down the straight and then all of a sudden you were right in front of me and i had no time to react at all, my car seemed to pass right through you although i did hear a bang alright, i didnt seem to get too much damage or not enough to make me pit anyway but that was the only incident with lag i had all race so not sure what happened
Yes it was a strange one... It was the only lag I had too... I'm glad it didn't ruin your race too. I guess I'll chalk that up to PC2 Sorry anyway.

Reactions: MTN

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
Yes it was a strange one... It was the only lag I had too... I'm glad it didn't ruin your race too. I guess I'll chalk that up to PC2 Sorry anyway.
ya mate just one of these things, there was nothing either of us could have done, no fault on anyone, just sorry it messed up your race

Reactions: Evangelist

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed that race. A lot of close clean racing at first. Kept getting power oversteer at turn 10 which caused me to spin every now and then. About lap 20 two cars spun infront of me at turn 10 which I couldn't avoid and caused damage. Had to pit, didn't brake earlier enough got caught speeding in the pits so I had 10 sec time penalty. Came out 17th but I had enough fuel to last me the rest. Managed to work my self back to 8th albeit with 2 disconnections. Had a great battle with aarup and phantomhamster. Managed to get infront of both before getting oversteer In turn 10 again and spinning. Moving m to my finishing position of 10th

Reactions: Evangelist