AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 7 - Catalyuna GP - 1.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 7 - Catalyuna GP - 1.08.18 @8pm UK time

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
So many fast guys behind. Scary!

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I think I'll spectate and watch for cuts in the last section lol j/k j/k j/k

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Well that was a fun race.

Started out in the pack and did not get a scratch on the car. Cars everywhere but fantastic driving by everyone to keep it clean.

Managed to avoid @Happyal27 and @Evangelist spinning... That was one awkward spot you found yourself in Evangelist!

Had great mini battles with @Stephan and @nobby101 - Sorry again about the dive bomb Nobby. Lost where I was on track and ended up missing my braking point by quite a distance, threading the needle between you and my team mate!

Found myself in 3rd once I got a run on Nobby and set about trying to catch Voodoo. Got to his rear bumper but couldn't make a move... until he got lose through the sweeper and I manged to get my nose to the inside for the next braking point.

From then on it was head down trying to squeeze everything from the car and tyres.

Pitty @Izzizo spun from the lead. Would have been a tense run to the finish.

Congrats @VoodooChild and @dr_green for another Lambo podium. (y)

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Gents, results are updated... as bummed out as I wasn't able to race....

WOW T5 100% get's it!!!!! It's one thing to be in a race, it's another thing to spectate one, I was switching back and forth on track battles, timings up, etc....

@Seamas111 first class job of giving back position with the hairpin @nobby101 ... and hanging back with your Teammate @VoodooChild ;)

@Izzizo it was an odd spot for you to spin, tires just let go or do make a mistake? You seemed to watch pace of them and would speed up and slow down.

@dr_green your out of here next season... REALLY? wow

Everyone gave room, 100% clean into corners, saw people dive into corners and give back position. It was AWESOME!

Last edited:

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Really enjoyed that and had some good battles, slightly annoyed at my pace as I was doing consistent 1:46’s offline racing but on the first last I noticed the FFB ans car just felt like it was on ice and I struggled round in 1:48’s...

Im curious about what tire pressure you guys that were doing 1:45/1:46 laps had for the race?

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Fun race!
had a good start and didn't suffer too much from traffic, and my car was very good in sector 1 and 2 (f**k the sector 3 though, i hate it) which allowed me to get past @MTN ,@Stephan and @nobby101
I tried to stay ahead of @Seamas111 and don't give him overtaking opportunities but eventually i had a bad line on the kink so he got his nose inside before the hairpin (f**k the hairpin!) and then he was just gone.
After that i just had to keep it safe un til the end.

great and clean racing by everybody!
Congratulations to @Seamas111 on another flawless victory and to @dr_green on another 1-2-3 Lambo podium!

my POV:

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@Seamas111 Congrats on the win. Does it still feel special after so many wins? =P

Although the race at some points felt more like hotlapping (18 racers on a track like this is not enough), there where moments of great battle. I missed pace in the last 10 laps (entire race actually), so I had to defend, hoping to keep my position. In the end I finished 7th; better than I expected, not as good as I had hoped.

Pro tip: Do NOT use the Aston for GT3 leagues. It is a nightmare in corners, but it is bloody fast in a straight. I passed an AMG this race and it almost felt he was standing still. (In slipstream I managed 278 kph at the end of the straight with full wing.) Next GT3 season I race in I am going back to my beloved Bentley or Caddy :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: Evangelist

Izzizo

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 17, 2018
Well, after Reviewing my stream from yesterday its clear for me what went wrong.

I had a GREAT start of the race, and made some good overtakings in the first laps to bring me to 1st after a couple of laps, i knew i had the Pace on this track since its one of my fav. tracks.
I was in the lead until lap 30 and in all that time i was just trying to keep a steady lead, when i got up to 6-7 sec I drove a bit more save, and when the gap got down to 4 sec i pushed a little to gain again, so fully in control and driving with no risk the first 30 laps. even tho @Seamas111 and @VoodooChild was hard to hold there.

at some point at around lap 20 my tires began to feel like ice, have no idea why, but for some reason, they just stopped working, temps where fine, and the wear was great too, so have no idea, but it was still drivable, just had to take it into account.

when we hit lap 30 i made a huge mistake that i did not think of when we raced and i really did not think of.....

when I saw @Seamas111 getting closer and closer, i thought it was time for a pit stop....

but i had 5 engine dmg that i really thought was fine, and had no real impact on my laptimes at that time, so i pushed the button to change the pit strategy on the fly, and then looked back on the road before turn 4.... this made me miss my breaking point by 20-50cm or so without me noticing and when trying to take the turn as if I where braking where i used to, this made me spin out since my tires as explained felt like they where just dipped in ice....

when i joined the track again. i was 7 sec behind @Seamas111 and only getting worse since my suspension broke during my spin into the wall..... -.-
drove straight into pit and rejoined at P8 right infront of @Gwegwyn and after 1 lap i TOTALLY missed my breaking point in Turn 10 so @Gwegwyn could pass me.

i got my head in the game again, and started going fast again. the car infront pitted and then I had a GREAT battle with @Gwegwyn with room and respect, great racing and when passed him I had around 15 sec to the next car @dr_green at P6 i think.
I could see him having a battle infrontof me so i kept pushing and slowly caught up.

@Wagner Pitted and that took me up to P6 and now only 6 sec from P5 with 11 Laps to go....
at this time i pushed to hard, since a top 3 was in reach, and spun due to that, right in the wall, and that made @Wagner and @Gwegwyn able to pass me again and down to P8 I went.

This time when i passed @Gwegwyn he just didn't want to let go of me, so had a lot of laps just looking back and taking defensive lines, to not lose the pos again.

Most intense finnish yet, it ended up being a 4 way battle with @Gwegwyn @Wagner myself and i think @Stephan? got the most out of it and ended the race on P5, it was some great racing for the last 10 laps, and i have only myself to thank for not fighting for an podium, and maybe even a win.

GREAT race, and see you guys next week.

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Really enjoyed that and had some good battles, slightly annoyed at my pace as I was doing consistent 1:46’s offline racing but on the first last I noticed the FFB ans car just felt like it was on ice and I struggled round in 1:48’s...

Im curious about what tire pressure you guys that were doing 1:45/1:46 laps had for the race?
the track conditions felt way more slippery than in my previous sessions for me as well.

My left side pressures were 1.85 and rights 1.80. I also had even deg across front to rear on left sides which was nice for consistency of balance late in the race.

@Seamas111 Congrats on the win. Does it still feel special after so many wins? =P

Although the race at some points felt more like hotlapping (18 racers on a track like this is not enough), there where moments of great battle. I missed pace in the last 10 laps (entire race actually), so I had to defend, hoping to keep my position. In the end I finished 7th; better than I expected, not as good as I had hoped.

Pro tip: Do NOT use the Aston for GT3 leagues. It is a nightmare in corners, but it is bloody fast in a straight. I passed an AMG this race and it almost felt he was standing still. (In slipstream I managed 278 kph at the end of the straight with full wing.) Next GT3 season I race in I am going:
If only i had passed you in the first race @Gwegwyn ... would be on for a clean sweep :p

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
I enjoyed the race last night pleased with coming 4th had a small moment at the last chicane. Back end got to light. Otherwise I think I may have been battling with @dr_green at the end. My target is to get a podium position by then of the season.

My race started of well made a few positions on the first lap. started12th was 8th. @Gwegwyn was following me very closely for numerous laps. Starting catching up to @Stephan and thought this would be a tough battle to overtake him. Then suddenly he disappeared after a mistake at turn 5. Which put me into 5th at that point. Catching up with @nobby101 was tough as I had @dr_green right on my tale For multiple laps again. After a great 3 way battle for 3rd Managed to overtake Nobby with green behind me few laps later. I had my spin after that my Race was quiet and rather uneventful

dr_green

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
Great Racin guys loved it,,,,cant believe i got 3rd from 17.. had so many battles with pretty much the full field.

GIXXERosg @dr_green your out of here next season... REALLY? wow
:ROFLMAO::unsure: haha its not April 1st,,, You 1 funny guy;)

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
First off very sorry to @Izzizo for the bump on the warm up. Got my braking wrong and really messed up. I hope it didn't effect you too much.

I think my computer hates this circuit, because I've had so many issues with it crashing, freezing, slowing down etc. I got kicked out of the Monday race when it froze and it was freezing just before the race started. Fearing the worse I restarted my PC, internet and everything else I could think off just before the race, it helped but I was having micro freezes and really bad frame rates during this race. I just couldn't push for some of this race. With my excuses out of the way........

There is not much to talk about, I was just slow. Start was OK but it felt like I was driving on ice. No grip at all and I was trying to warm everything up when I started getting past. I tried to defend but was too slow on the exit of corners, my early braking must of caught out @MTN and he tapped my rear and sent me spinning. Thank you for waiting, and it was just a racing incident, after that we had some good fun racing, that boat is fast in a straight line.

After my adventures, I had some damage and it was costing me a little time. I decided to pit early and repair, that worked perfectly as I was 1 to 2 seconds quicker straight away. This was the time that my tires switched on and the car felt pretty good. There wasn't too many people around me and I did my laps but I was losing a little focus. I think my tires went a little cold and it was hard work again, when a couple of cars did there pit stop. At last I had other people around me, and was having fun again, after this I concentrated on my lines and trying to be neat.

Only other thing that happened was in the last 10 laps or so, when (I think) it was @nobby101 was closing me quickly. We traded times a couple of times but suddenly my car was on ice again and he was all over me. I tried to defend and be neat, I'm still not 100% sure what happened because all of a sudden he was no where near me, I think he was running out of fuel.

Well done to the Lambo gang, hope my little Renault will find a place on the podium soon, but you guys are very quick.

So that was my race. I wish I could of closed the gap to @Stephan who was just in front, but it was not to be. I make it 3-3 currently :)

I will miss the next race as I'm taking my wife on holiday for her birthday, have fun guys.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
First off very sorry to @Izzizo for the bump on the warm up. Got my braking wrong and really messed up. I hope it didn't effect you too much.

I think my computer hates this circuit, because I've had so many issues with it crashing, freezing, slowing down etc. I got kicked out of the Monday race when it froze and it was freezing just before the race started. Fearing the worse I restarted my PC, internet and everything else I could think off just before the race, it helped but I was having micro freezes and really bad frame rates during this race. I just couldn't push for some of this race. With my excuses out of the way........

There is not much to talk about, I was just slow. Start was OK but it felt like I was driving on ice. No grip at all and I was trying to warm everything up when I started getting past. I tried to defend but was too slow on the exit of corners, my early braking must of caught out @MTN and he tapped my rear and sent me spinning. Thank you for waiting, and it was just a racing incident, after that we had some good fun racing, that boat is fast in a straight line.

After my adventures, I had some damage and it was costing me a little time. I decided to pit early and repair, that worked perfectly as I was 1 to 2 seconds quicker straight away. This was the time that my tires switched on and the car felt pretty good. There wasn't too many people around me and I did my laps but I was losing a little focus. I think my tires went a little cold and it was hard work again, when a couple of cars did there pit stop. At last I had other people around me, and was having fun again, after this I concentrated on my lines and trying to be neat.

Only other thing that happened was in the last 10 laps or so, when (I think) it was @nobby101 was closing me quickly. We traded times a couple of times but suddenly my car was on ice again and he was all over me. I tried to defend and be neat, I'm still not 100% sure what happened because all of a sudden he was no where near me, I think he was running out of fuel.

Well done to the Lambo gang, hope my little Renault will find a place on the podium soon, but you guys are very quick.

So that was my race. I wish I could of closed the gap to @Stephan who was just in front, but it was not to be. I make it 3-3 currently :)

I will miss the next race as I'm taking my wife on holiday for her birthday, have fun guys.
Ya sorry about that again Happy, i could see you were struggling for grip in the opening laps and i thought i had the room on the inside to sneak through but i hate for that to happen so early in such a long race, it was pretty much game over for both of us then although i did enjoy the next couple of laps against you. I was way off the pace on this track and couldn't believe the grip some of you guys had around turns 3 and 4. I was out on my own for the majority of the race after that but had one brief but very enjoyable scrap with @dr_green when he came out of the pits directly behind me. Man you were on a mission there, wicked fast, and you must have been kicking yourself with that little mini spin after getting past me only to have to do it all again. Gained 2 spots on the last 2 laps when @nobby101 ran a bit wide on the last corner and i think it was hagster that ran out of fuel just before we crossed the finish line so picked up some points anyway. Hopefully Hockenheim will be better!

Reactions: Happyal27