PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Evaluation Race 11.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Evaluation Race 11.06.18 @8pm UK time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Annoyingly I've been unable to have any practice other than an hour last week... I'm away from tomorrow so can't do any other eval races so this'll have to be it ? Excuses coming out already...
I'm the same mate I haven't been on since the patch and had to get a new ps4 as mine decided to die

Reactions: manbearpig

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Can you come in whenever you like?
2.2 Pit stops

Pit stops are mandatory, but what constitutes a pit stop? You are required to do the following,
- Enter the pit-lane, applying the pit-limiter.
- Completely stop in your box.
- Leave the pit-lane safely.

You therefore are not required by the rules to change tyres, or refuel, or do any repair work. However, you may complete these changes whilst completing your mandatory pit-stop.

Pit Window - You may not complete your mandatory stop at the end of the first lap unless you have damage. You must also complete your mandatory stop with 5 laps to go.

Failure to pit during the race, or complete your mandatory stop as listed by the rules will result in disqualification from the race.

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
I'm the same mate I haven't been on since the patch and had to get a new ps4 as mine decided to die
Haha it's alright mate we'll just settle for Tier 5 this season ;)

On another note, has anyone tested with the pit stops? Not sure whether it's worth changing for tyres and fuel or just coming in, stopping and going again.

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
Haha it's alright mate we'll just settle for Tier 5 this season ;)

On another note, has anyone tested with the pit stops? Not sure whether it's worth changing for tyres and fuel or just coming in, stopping and going again.
No, don't change tyres. It is extra 15 seconds which you don't need to lose. Plus, tyres last very well around Imola. Same goes for fuel.

What I do not understand is this: Are you going to force a pit stop though a lobby, or is it up to us to go in, stop and leave? @Michel--NL

Reactions: manbearpig

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
I would imagine its set up through the lobby with the mandatory pit stop option which means you would need to set a pit strategy.
Hopefully, otherwise I don't see how can you monitor all drivers

I was confused by this rule ''- Completely stop in your box.''

If mandatory pit stop is ON, good luck not stopping in a pit lane

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
No, don't change tyres. It is extra 15 seconds which you don't need to lose. Plus, tyres last very well around Imola. Same goes for fuel.
Thanks man, yeah my Plan A was to change nothing as I've not been able to test the fastest options here.

Reactions: Archil

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I would imagine its set up through the lobby with the mandatory pit stop option which means you would need to set a pit strategy.
Yes, mandatory pits stop option is used or else this would not work.
Hopefully, otherwise I don't see how can you monitor all drivers

I was confused by this rule ''- Completely stop in your box.''

If mandatory pit stop is ON, good luck not stopping in a pit lane
You still need to stop your car by yourself, the game will not do that for you ;)

Reactions: Archil