PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - Circuit de Barcelona - Catalyuna GP - 01.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - Circuit de Barcelona - Catalyuna GP - 01.08.18 @8pm UK time

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
R4
Got a decent start but @DeuxMilles made a good move to get past but unfortunately had a bit of contact with @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL , nice to see he waited afterwards (y). Had some good wheel to wheel racing with @MrKaczalski and @Chocolata4Life , nice and fair. Just didn't have the pace of the top guys so am happy with 4th after seeing the pace people had in practice I thought I'd be further down the order.

End of the season closing in so let's keep up the quality racing we have here in tier 2 :giggle:

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I am sick of getting disconnected now. I have never been disconnected so much in my life. Don't know whether it's the game or my internet because I cable in for the race on Wednesday to get the best connection.
Well done to all that finished
Bad luck mate, have you tried turning off your internet for 10 mins before you turn on? I tend to do that and it stays stable, been doing that ever since the nightmare I had with mine in s8

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
A race to forget. I forgot to put the engine back into rich for the start. So I was pushing hard to keep up, which resulted in a spin. Smashed my front and suspension. The rest of the race was just testing. I din't like those hard tires, so tested softs midway.

Anyway! Barcelona is one of my worst tracks. Hockenheim one of my favourites.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Think I will change cars when I'm back off holiday.
I just can't stop the car spinning on some tracks when slowing down into second gear mostly.

Anyways see you in 2 weeks.

Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I just can't stop the car spinning on some tracks when slowing down into second gear mostly.

Put the engine braking on 7 or higher and it should stop the amg spinning out in the slow tight turns

Reactions: Big-Kid-Daddy

tomaprice

Pro Karter
May 22, 2018
Put the engine braking on 7 or higher and it should stop the amg spinning out in the slow tight turns
With the AMG i put the engine braking on 10 when the level of grip is low and i try to soften the rear of the car as much as possible (ARB and spring). But on the some tracks it's not suffisent and you must downshift very carefully between third and second gear or second and first gear.

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

this is why I love the high-torque turbo cars like the 488. In doubt it is just not necessary to downshift, you can take turns a gear higher than in non turbos.

D.

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Did I miss much yesterday!?... well done Adam for winning! Who else finished on the podium? I'm really gutted I missed this one. @NICK-NITRO Did you do Vorsesprung Racing proud ? Lol

MrKaczalski

2 times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion
Apr 12, 2018
Did I miss much yesterday!?... well done Adam for winning! Who else finished on the podium? I'm really gutted I missed this one. @NICK-NITRO Did you do Vorsesprung Racing proud ? Lol
1 point behind now. Just like touring car. Think I saved the replay if u Wana use it for youtube

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
With the AMG i put the engine braking on 10 when the level of grip is low and i try to soften the rear of the car as much as possible (ARB and spring). But on the some tracks it's not suffisent and you must downshift very carefully between third and second gear or second and first gear.
thanks guys I will try that for Sonomo when I am back, never tried it that high or low its normally around 4-5 and possibly the only setting on the car set ups I had not messed with.

Pretender

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
thanks guys I will try that for Sonomo when I am back, never tried it that high or low its normally around 4-5 and possibly the only setting on the car set ups I had not messed with.
Ye I've found the same as the others, the merc needs a low engine braking as whenever I go to 1st gear the backend just spins out. I normally go for 8 or 9 on engine braking when I drive the merc, which may be next season ;)

Reactions: Big-Kid-Daddy

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
Ye I've found the same as the others, the merc needs a low engine braking as whenever I go to 1st gear the backend just spins out. I normally go for 8 or 9 on engine braking when I drive the merc, which may be next season ;)
sound, hopefully this will help massively as last few races I have been competitive for a few laps then it just drops off in performance.

i take it next season the tracks will suit the merc more then?

Pretender

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
sound, hopefully this will help massively as last few races I have been competitive for a few laps then it just drops off in performance.

i take it next season the tracks will suit the merc more then?
not sure on the tracks next season, @NICK-NITRO would be your man for that but don't think he'll let anything slip about what tracks we'll get next season :D
I remember him saying that next season will probably be more power tracks, turbo tracks over NA tracks, so that would favor the merc I think.

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

I have the same issue in the Audi this season. But only on hard tyres.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I have the same issue in the Audi this season. But only on hard tyres.
I'm the opposite to you and don't like the softs on the Audi, suppose it's all down how we set the cars up and driving style.

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm the opposite to you and don't like the softs on the Audi, suppose it's all down how we set the cars up and driving style.
Agree. I just can't control the rear on turn in on hards. Softs are wonderful for me :) So I'm looking forward to Hockeheim. I was just as fast with softs as hards yesterday when I tested it. Even though front left was between120-130 degrees.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
not sure on the tracks next season, @NICK-NITRO would be your man for that but don't think he'll let anything slip about what tracks we'll get next season :D
I remember him saying that next season will probably be more power tracks, turbo tracks over NA tracks, so that would favor the merc I think.
I tend to just look at the tracks we have for the season and pick the car I think will fair best at 60/70% of the races, I was close to picking the lambo but changed last minute and I was put of the amg because of having to have the engine braking really high at certain tracks, it wouldn't suit my own personal driving style and I would have to change certain aspects of the set up to compensate it.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Agree. I just can't control the rear on turn in on hards. Softs are wonderful for me :) So I'm looking forward to Hockeheim. I was just as fast with softs as hards yesterday whe
What times did you get with race fuel or quail? Not really been round much on pc2 so havenno idea what respectable.