PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 Donington Park go 18/7/18 @8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 Donington Park go 18/7/18 @8PM

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I hate the place always have since my ps1 touring car days so have give up on the track already.
never give up ?

I like the track, it's just a bit unusual for me 'cause I mostly drove slower cars here. But I achive progress, now down to a 1:27.5 ?.

D.

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'll just have about an hour of practice before the race. Don't expect much here..

boofon

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2017
@NICK-NITRO as AOR rules, do you have to pit before 5 laps remaining if the rain hasn't arrived? and then again if it rains after that?

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Sorry guys daughter kept coming in the Room from when the race started sayin she was feeling sick so had to keep slowing down, hope I didn't get in anyone's way on the racing line. Had to retire the car in the end to help the wife get her in the shower and change all the bedding after she was sick :(

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Sorry guys daughter kept coming in the Room from when the race started sayin she was feeling sick so had to keep slowing down, hope I didn't get in anyone's way on the racing line. Had to retire the car in the end to help the wife get her in the shower and change all the bedding after she was sick :(

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Hey guys sorry I didn’t let anyone know I wouldn’t be there tonight family member has been seriously ill and my mind was completely away from everything else. Forgot I was meant to be racing as I’ve been back and forth from the hospital last few days (only remembered once I saw messages in the PS4 chat) and just too busy to anyway. Sorry for not letting anyone know

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

nice battles with @AOR Davidben he was getting faster the longer the race goes on. Didn't you fetch tires? Would explain why your pitstop was so much faster than mine and your struggeling in the last laps...

Quali P8 with 1:28.1, P4 was only two tenth away. Very close midfield.

Race P8. Clean and fair racing again by everyone, I really enjoy this season. Wasn't satisfied with my performance today, lost concentration from halfway on.

Can we please stop those wet races? I really hate 'em.

D.

Reactions: Chocolata4Life

Chocolata4Life

2 times PS4 PCars Champion
Feb 3, 2018
That was a fun race!

Very good pace in qualifying, but only one clean lap. But I got the pole, it was not very difficult. Surprisingly nice car with low fuel!

I got a good start, but at the start of lap 2, I had a nasty lockup into turn one, I was able to stay on the track but I lost many positions because of that mistake. Few laps later I passed a nice Ginetta driver, then an Audi had a weird spin or something.

It was time to start chasing the best driver @tomaprice, I was catching very slowly, a small mistake cost really bad, it was great! I was able to catch them at some point, and we swapped positions twice. When it started raining I think I had more pace. I pitted late in the race, but I just could not drive fast anymore after my pit stop, so I wasn't able to pass Tomaprice, and I finished second, but I won because of a time penalty.

Sucks it started raining so late, but it was still fun, thanks everyone!

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Quail P6.
Not my best lap but close with a few in high 27s.

Race P7.
So my wheel decided to bring up the menu mid corner and kinda clunkedbwhilst in 5th place dropping me to 11th!!
Gutted as was battling @flatspunout and not far from leading 4 cars in front.
Heard a few with glitch with T300?

After that, slow grind back up, had a small incident with @AOR Davidben at the chicane.
TBH I felt a little squeezed , I dummied one way to then go to the outside and don't think you should come that far over as you already moved to the left so imo you only can move back half a move but felt you took more.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts @AOR Davidben ?
It's not going to stewards as you had a bad end to race anyway with your spin.

Reactions: Chocolata4Life

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Quail P6.

Race P7.
So my wheel decided to bring up the menu mid corner and kinda clunkedbwhilst in 5th place dropping me to 11th!!

After that, slow grind back up, had a small incident with @AOR Davidben at the chicane.
TBH I felt a little squeezed , I dummied one way to then go to the outside and don't think you should come that far over as you already moved to the left so imo you only can move back half a move but felt you took more.

My t300 does that glitch and @DutchRacer also has that problem, mine also sometimes snaps to the left for no reason but lucky it's not done it in a league race.

DutchRacer

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 4, 2017
first off congrats to the podium guys!! as for myself....i wasn't racing but just fighting to keep the car on track, i have nightshift's at work this week so i slept till half an hour before the race start, and then in qualy my wheel wasn't working well, sinds there is no time to restart the ps because qually is only 10min, i figured to just deal whit it and see what happends.
soon enough i found out that i had no pace whatsoever so disided to pit in early to att least have clean air and i didnt think it was gonna rain untill the last laps anyway. so in the end that strategy paid off and ended in p6 wich im not particuraly happy with lol, but still is my best result so far this season. cheers guys and see you next week!

DutchRacer

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 4, 2017
Quail P6.

Race P7.

yep...i had the same issue with my t500 and found out that 1 off the (6) pins from the quick relaese connection broke off, and somehow created rondom elecktrical leaks orso, so sometimes it goes ahead and does things out off itself like what happend to you now. and sometimes for example when you want to change brake bias orso it doesnt react to your input. anyway sinds i bought the sparco wheel add on its all working fine again. but at same time its also sinds i have the sparco add on and fortuitous thats at the same time patch 6.0 came out that ive seem to have lost my pace.

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
That was a fun race!

Very good pace in qualifying, but only one clean lap. But I got the pole, it was not very difficult. Surprisingly nice car with low fuel!

I got a good start, but at the start of lap 2, I had a nasty lockup into turn one, I was able to stay on the track but I lost many positions because of that mistake. Few laps later I passed a nice Ginetta driver, then an Audi had a weird spin or something.

It was time to start chasing the best driver @tomaprice, I was catching very slowly, a small mistake cost really bad, it was great! I was able to catch them at some point, and we swapped positions twice. When it started raining I think I had more pace. I pitted late in the race, but I just could not drive fast anymore after my pit stop, so I wasn't able to pass Tomaprice, and I finished second, but I won because of a time penalty.

Sucks it started raining so late, but it was still fun, thanks everyone!
Great race again by all, ye that was me in the ginetta, was happy when I got passed you but knew it wouldn't last so didn't want to fight you when I messed up. Tried to stick with you to try and catch Tom but no chance you were flying in that Nissan;)

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well.. Terrible second half. Spun at the last corner at decided to pit, hit wall and got stuck. Lost about 30 secs. The 2 laps after my stop, the car was undriveable. Didn't change anything at the stop. The car couldn't brake or turn, so lost about 30 more seconds in the gravel traps..

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

there must be something wrong with my pitstop. @Big-Kid-Daddy pitted a lap before me, at this point I was three seconds ahead. After my stop I was eleven seconds behind him.
Also I pitted together with @AOR Davidben, I entered the pits right behind his bumper. But I had to stand much longer, when he leaves pit-exit I was still standing.

What could cause this? I had no damage at all, so only tire change....

D.

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hi,

there must be something wrong with my pitstop. @Big-Kid-Daddy pitted a lap before me, at this point I was three seconds ahead. After my stop I was eleven seconds behind him.
Also I pitted together with @AOR Davidben, I entered the pits right behind his bumper. But I had to stand much longer, when he leaves pit-exit I was still standing.

What could cause this? I had no damage at all, so only tire change....

D.
They didn't change tires I guess.

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I did not tyre change and back out with the old softs .
that explains the undercut.

But how the hell could you manage the last laps in the wet with slick tires? I tried this in practice, no way to do only one lap without spinning out.

D.