AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 3 - Circuit de Barcelona - Catalyuna GP - 01.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 3 - Circuit de Barcelona - Catalyuna GP - 01.08.18 @8pm UK time

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 7 - Circuit de Barcelona - Catalyuna GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 1st 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Grid based on reserve championship standings.
- Endurance Race: 52 laps (51+1)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 29 July 2018 - 06:00 (AM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed no show:
@pcsolima

Uninformed no show:
@ESS_AYCH
@Ayresii1995
@Noxvi

Last edited:

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
This will be the Reverse Grid for Wednesday.

Round 7 grid will be determined as follows:
1. Reverse grid of drivers who completed (finished) at least 5 out of the 6 previous rounds
2. Reverse grid of drivers who completed (finished) at least 3 out of the 6 previous rounds
3. All other drivers in reverse order

1 @pyrates2000
2 @PRG_FrankForest
3 @SCHWANTZ3493
4 @PRG_robsterf1
5 @de_thomas
6 @RacingAtHome
7 @Noxvi77
@Oslimas (NOT RACING)
8 @planettoon
9 @Dennis_Meisner
10 @Golzy
11 @Ayresii95
12 @ESS_AYCH
13 @jimmdasen

• Informative
Reactions: planettoon

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
My vote for next years rule changes will be scrap the reverse grid limitations. No disrespect to the rule makers, but when the top three championship contenders start 1st-3rd it goes against the original principle of the rule doesn't it? It might as well start in the drivers standings order ;)

Reactions: pcsolima

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
My vote for next years rule changes will be scrap the reverse grid limitations. No disrespect to the rule makers, but when the top three championship contenders start 1st-3rd it goes against the original principle of the rule doesn't it? It might as well start in the drivers standings order ;)
I totally agree to be honest. Ive missed loads so dont expect to be at front at all, but you are right

Reactions: pcsolima

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Well, that was a load of old tosh.

Spent a good few hours on a setup which was regularly in the 1:46's - 1:47's on hard tyres so was optimistic of a decent race...that optimism ended on turn 1 when I got smashed into the wall and got 57 front wing damage and 87 suspension damage. The broken windscreen added to the experience and I missed the speed cones entering the pits so got a 10 second penalty just to add salt into the raw wound.

Laptimes were OK after the repairs and a lap down, but with zero motivation mistakes were aplenty so had 3 or 4 spins.

Decided to pit for fuel on about lap 15, then thought I might as well pit for fresh tyres as I was stuck behind cars and didn't feel the urge to unlap myself from 2 laps to 1 lap down. The pit crew had different ideas and just polished my car up and sent me on my way. Adamant I was getting some new rubber to push for the fastest lap I called in and asked what the fcuk was going on, Geoff (from F1 games) was in my pit crew today and said 'Sorry planet, we had the wrong tyres out'. So I went in again. I was checking the times on the app and pushed hard on my outlap, and thought...these are slippy, they shouldn't be cold.....oh FFS Geoff, WHERE ARE MY TYRES?? On the radio again to Geoff...'Geoff, what is going on in the pitlane son? Do you have any tyres?' Geoff replied 'Your car computer menu said you wanted tyres, but we thought you just wanted another polish so buffed up your bonet'. I replied 'Geoff, I want some new FCKING TYRES, I'm coming in....AGAIN!'.

I went for my 4th or 5th pitstop and the pitcrew were out ready with tyres. YES!, but Geoff comes on the blower and says 'Retire the car, we've got to beat the crowds before the race finishes' at which point I bombed off down the pit lane. Geoff called Charlie Whiting and got me disqualified.

Geoff has been fired.

If you don't play F1 games you won't have a clue who Geoff is so apologies to you :)

Sorry Denis but this is for the stewards, maybe your on-board shows something different. From the mirror it kind of looked like your car got stuck in mine as the crash was well weird.

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
What could have been... Lol

Didn't have the best start and dropped to 6th, before I got sent in to the wall on the next lap. Went into the pits straight away and the damege didn't take too much time to repair. After putting some decent but not mega quick laps in I made my up from 8th all the way to 2nd place, with no pit stop to make (I thought). Started worrying about fuel though, because I either selected the wrong strategy or the pit crew didn't refuel. About 20 laps before the end I ran onto the grass in the final sector which caused me to crash so that was farwell to P2 already. Again no refueling in the pits and I ran out of fuel in the last corner in the end, running P4.

Reactions: PRG_FrankForest

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Apologies for not making the race, I thought I was gonna make it but due to traveling and being just a few minutes late I couldn't. I would of informed but as I said I really thought I could make it. Hope you guys had fun.

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
Well, that was a load of old tosh.

Spent a good few hours on a setup which was regularly in the 1:46's - 1:47's on hard tyres so was optimistic of a decent race...that optimism ended on turn 1 when I got smashed into the wall and got 57 front wing damage and 87 suspension damage. The broken windscreen added to the experience and I missed the speed cones entering the pits so got a 10 second penalty just to add salt into the raw wound.

Laptimes were OK after the repairs and a lap down, but with zero motivation mistakes were aplenty so had 3 or 4 spins.

Decided to pit for fuel on about lap 15, then thought I might as well pit for fresh tyres as I was stuck behind cars and didn't feel the urge to unlap myself from 2 laps to 1 lap down. The pit crew had different ideas and just polished my car up and sent me on my way. Adamant I was getting some new rubber to push for the fastest lap I called in and asked what the fcuk was going on, Geoff (from F1 games) was in my pit crew today and said 'Sorry planet, we had the wrong tyres out'. So I went in again. I was checking the times on the app and pushed hard on my outlap, and thought...these are slippy, they shouldn't be cold.....oh FFS Geoff, WHERE ARE MY TYRES?? On the radio again to Geoff...'Geoff, what is going on in the pitlane son? Do you have any tyres?' Geoff replied 'Your car computer menu said you wanted tyres, but we thought you just wanted another polish so buffed up your bonet'. I replied 'Geoff, I want some new FCKING TYRES, I'm coming in....AGAIN!'.

I went for my 4th or 5th pitstop and the pitcrew were out ready with tyres. YES!, but Geoff comes on the blower and says 'Retire the car, we've got to beat the crowds before the race finishes' at which point I bombed off down the pit lane. Geoff called Charlie Whiting and got me disqualified.

Geoff has been fired.

If you don't play F1 games you won't have a clue who Geoff is so apologies to you :)

Sorry Denis but this is for the stewards, maybe your on-board shows something different. From the mirror it kind of looked like your car got stuck in mine as the crash was well weird.
It’s all good mate - when there’s “funny” incidents, it needs to be looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.