AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 3 - Hockenheim GP - 08.08.18 @8pm UK time. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 3 - Hockenheim GP - 08.08.18 @8pm UK time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 8 - Hockenheim GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 8th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 36 laps (35+1)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 23 September 2018 - 16:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 23 September 2018 - 17:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed no show:
@de-thomas
@jimmdasen
Uninformed no show:
@RacingAtHome
@Ayresii1995
@DIOGOPINTO121

Last edited:

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

Welcome to Hockenheim, Germany!

Hockenheim, situated in the upper Rhine Valley, promises excellent conditions. The area is also unofficially dubbed Germanys Roadster Alley, due to its warm, sunny climate so you see an unusually high number of convertibles in traffic.
When being in the region, enjoy local beer and wine as well as the much underrated german cousine. Hearty, locally sourced, organic food of the highest quality.
When visiting, stop by at the Auto & Technik Museum in Sinsheim - a must visit for anyone interested in technology or visit the ancient volcanoes in the region, such as the Kaiserstuhl (Emperors chair).

This circuit in the beautiful Rhine Valley has been a permanent fixture in racing since 1932. Since then, the track has undergone several fundamental changes until it found its current layout in 2002.
A fast course with little elevation changes, a smooth surface promises exciting racing for the 120.000 spectators.

Expect Qualifying and Race in Clear conditions. Pack your sunscreen!

Reactions: planettoon

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Gutted to miss another one (this should be the last one :p) but I got a cycling race again next wednesday night.

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
Anyone else struggling with tyres here? Softs overheat and i cant warm up the hards without pushing too much. Temp seems to be exactly on the crossover :/

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Anyone else struggling with tyres here? Softs overheat and i cant warm up the hards without pushing too much. Temp seems to be exactly on the crossover :/
Not tested yet

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
I'll be doing a practice lobby tonight @8pm uk @hockenheim for those who are interested i'll put the password on the forum at 7:55pm

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
That was THE worst race ive ever had. Had the pace but couldnt keep it on the track :(

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
ICYMI I finished 5th. But the game for some reason classified me behind my teammate in 6th. I had no penalties @Dennis_Meisner can confirm this or I can show you footage.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

pcsolima

2 times AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Dec 27, 2015
So this was the perfect race for me: Pole, Win and Fastest Lap!!! My first ever AOR win - YES !!!

It was perfect from start to finish, with not a single mistake. Pole was the perfect lap - I managed once in practice a time on 38.

The start of the race was pretty ok, since I managed to open a couple of seconds on the first lap. From them on, it was simply a question of maintaining the car on track and not doing mistakes. I managed to open up the gap progressively until 10 seconds or so, stopped at lap 29 with no problems and maintained the gap. I managed the entire race with on single set of softs (being careful at the beginning).

At the end nerves started to build up and some trajectories started to became silly, but I managed to keep it cool :cool:

Congrats to the other podium guys and to everyone for a clean race!

Cheers,

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
Status.
Into the wall T1 L3 Long way around - Long pitstop and long stint till the end pushing hard and no room for mistakes, managed to do so. Ended 6th a tenth from my teammate - could not ask for more as those in front drove a great race.
Looking forward to Sugo

Status
Not open for further replies.