PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8pm UK time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
This sucks...i was just about to make my first quali lap when i got dissconection issues...this was my fear of signing up for this league...

All of that practice for nothing...

• Informative
Reactions: PRG_FrankForest

pcsolima

2 times AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Dec 27, 2015
@FSR_FrankForest

I think today it was a case of mass disconnection. The rules state cleary in case 4 or more drivers lost connection to the lobby, this should be restarted.
I counted at least 4: myself, @Noxvi, @planettoon and someone whose PSN is Chros... something. Plus: this last one was always with the "sound off" symbol witch is a sign of lobby problems.

Why wasn't the lobby restarted? I warned twice.

I'm sorry but in my opinion this has to be repeated.

• Informative

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
My race:

Qually: pole! Much unexpected

Race: win! Even more unexpected. Got off pretty clean, seemed like all incidents happened in safe distance from me. Had a good first stint, but then the first contender begun to approach, due to own small mistakes the gap was closed and a battle begun. It lasted for quite a while changing positions regularly, but a calm approach and consistency made a difference in the end, and I made a gap. Then the next series of laps was all about keeping it steady while competitor tried to close the gap, but I’m guessing pushing to hard as he disappeared in the end. Same story played out couple of times over the race, but towards the end my setup didn’t work on the drying track and @FSR_FrankForest did catch me really fast, and the sight for a win was getting smaller, it ended up in a couple of laps with really intense fighting - and on the last lap, the racing gods send my a bit of luck as he got a massive oversteer, opening the gap to 5 secs securing the win.
Had great fun with this one, it was a hard and long race - and had to fight the car, the track, the weather and contenders to consolidate a win.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
@FSR_FrankForest

I think today it was a case of mass disconnection. The rules state cleary in case 4 or more drivers lost connection to the lobby, this should be restarted.
I counted at least 4: myself, @Noxvi, @planettoon and someone whose PSN is Chros... something. Plus: this last one was always with the "sound off" symbol witch is a sign of lobby problems.

Why wasn't the lobby restarted? I warned twice.

I'm sorry but in my opinion this has to be repeated.
i have enquired and im waiting for a reply

Reactions: pcsolima

Dennis_Meisner

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
i have enquired and im waiting for a reply
According to the rules - mass disconnections with the count of 4 are only in the transition from qually to race, which wasn’t the case here

According to the rules - half or more of the drivers have to disconnect at the same time, or within a short period of time to make it count as a mass-disconnection, which wasn’t the case here.

I’ve tried it myself a couple of times and it sucks big time - but as the rules are for now, and how it went on - the lobby should not have been restarted.

As counts for disconnecting in qually the rules say that you simply can rejoin and carry on.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
According to the rules - mass disconnections with the count of 4 are only in the transition from qually to race, which wasn’t the case here

According to the rules - half or more of the drivers have to disconnect at the same time, or within a short period of time to make it count as a mass-disconnection, which wasn’t the case here.

I’ve tried it myself a couple of times and it sucks big time - but as the rules are for now, and how it went on - the lobby should not have been restarted.

As counts for disconnecting in qually the rules say that you simply can rejoin and carry on.
Thats the same answer i was told.

Reactions: Dennis_Meisner

pcsolima

Dec 27, 2015
The rules are not specific on several disconnections during qualifying. They only state "in the transition from quali to race" and "during the race".
I can only say it was during quali and in the transition to the race, because I connected and got disconnected several times, as other guys were. Probably we didn't disconnect all at once, but clearly the lobby was very unstable.
I know I have no problem with my Internet, because I race several leagues for some time now - and after this failure I connected to a public lobby and raced for about 30 minutes with no problems.

My point is that I warned about the problem. Why wasn't nothing done about that? If it is not to warn of emergency problems, why do we have the chat group for? It takes about a couple of minutes to setup a new lobby...

I just think we all have to respect practice time of everybody, because this really is very frustrating. And to not at least try to restart once it doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: planettoon

Dennis_Meisner

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
The rules are not specific on several disconnections during qualifying. They only state "in the transition from quali to race" and "during the race".
I can only say it was during quali and in the transition to the race, because I connected and got disconnected several times, as other guys were. Probably we didn't disconnect all at once, but clearly the lobby was very unstable.
I know I have no problem with my Internet, because I race several leagues for some time now - and after this failure I connected to a public lobby and raced for about 30 minutes with no problems.

My point is that I warned about the problem. Why wasn't nothing done about that? If it is not to warn of emergency problems, why do we have the chat group for? It takes about a couple of minutes to setup a new lobby...

I just think we all have to respect practice time of everybody, because this really is very frustrating. And to not at least try to restart once it doesn't make sense to me.
The rules are not specific in that direction, because then you have to write down a thousand scenarios. I think it’s fine that rules only apply to those specific scenarios.

PC2 and PSN combo have shown to be a odd one - I don’t have any issues with my internet as well, but have tried to get dsc as well, sometimes it’s just one sometimes it’s more than that.

But I do highly agree with you, that we all put in a great amount of time to prepare to this league event, and if it shows that the lobby that are made have ppl getting dsc a lot, it’s worth trying to make a new one before qually starts, as we all wish to participate and prefers a full grid.

The rules clearly says that the coordinator have the last saying, and it needs to be respected - but I’m pretty sure that if we end up in a lobby who acts like the one yesterday, specially if a couple tells it’s troubled - a new one will be made.

I’ll hope you are up for the next race without any issues....

Reactions: pcsolima

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
No words about that race yesterday. I qualified P4 amazingly, I kept disconnecting from the lobby at the start and had only 1 lap to do in qualifying one out lap and the tyres were not up to temps definitely would of been at the front had I gotten one more lap in. Race was bullshit on lap 2 (lap 3) @FSR_FrankForest and I have contact and both spin and get suspension damage and aero damage i kept on going and pitted made a silly mistake on the entry and hit the inside wall my rear oversteered. Then I pushed like hell and closed such a big gap, I was running 5th once everyone pitted and on the end of lap 28 just as I start lap 29 the game puts me a lap down behind the leader even tho I was running P5. Lap 33 and the game disconnects me absolutely devastating, all that practice time gone for nothing...

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
The rules for points suck a
...on the end of lap 28 just as I start lap 29 the game puts me a lap down behind the leader even tho I was running P5. Lap 33 and the game disconnects me absolutely devastating, all that practice time gone for nothing...
I was running about 8-10 seconds behind when that happened. I saw you spin off and wait a decent amount of time before rejoining the track, but unfortunately the game doesn't count the waiting as fair and expects you to rejoin the track where you spin off. Because you missed a corner (although you waited a long time) it didn't count the lap.

I know how you feel about wasted time, I was on course for challenging for a podium and when you got disconnected my session disconnected as well. DSQ for about 6 hours of effort.

dejw_d

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 26, 2018
No words about that race yesterday. I qualified P4 amazingly, I kept disconnecting from the lobby at the start and had only 1 lap to do in qualifying one out lap and the tyres were not up to temps definitely would of been at the front had I gotten one more lap in. Race was bullshit on lap 2 (lap 3) @FSR_FrankForest and I have contact and both spin and get suspension damage and aero damage i kept on going and pitted made a silly mistake on the entry and hit the inside wall my rear oversteered. Then I pushed like hell and closed such a big gap, I was running 5th once everyone pitted and on the end of lap 28 just as I start lap 29 the game puts me a lap down behind the leader even tho I was running P5. Lap 33 and the game disconnects me absolutely devastating, all that practice time gone for nothing...
I had the exact same thing, being put down a lap. Also spun across the time. Somebody was about 6s behind me at that time. Waited until they were just 3s and then kept going. So I thought that would be ok but it put me a lap down.

pcsolima

Dec 27, 2015
So, @FSR_FrankForest, two questions to clarify, please:
1 - what's the final decision about yesterday's race?
2- what we will be the procedure for future races when and if problems like these arise at the beginning?

Thanks.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
So, @FSR_FrankForest, two questions to clarify, please:
1 - what's the final decision about yesterday's race?
2- what we will be the procedure for future races when and if problems like these arise at the beginning?

Thanks.
1: The Race is Valid (CODs Ruling)
2: The Procedure will be to the rules im afriad. Mass DC = 4 or more going FROM QUALY TO RACE at the SAME TIME not one by one. Yes there are issues but thats out of our control.
All i can say is that everyone turns off there router and reboots everything before they come on line.

pcsolima

Dec 27, 2015
1: The Race is Valid (CODs Ruling)
2: The Procedure will be to the rules im afriad. Mass DC = 4 or more going FROM QUALY TO RACE at the SAME TIME not one by one. Yes there are issues but thats out of our control.
All i can say is that everyone turns off there router and reboots everything before they come on line.
So, if we have massive disconnections during quali or while in the lobby, nothing will be done. Is that what you are saying?!

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
So, if we have massive disconnections during quali or while in the lobby, nothing will be done. Is that what you are saying?!
If we have 4 or more disconnections during the period of when I press continue button to the race screen then the race not Qualiy will be restarted. Do we understand on what I've just said.

pcsolima

Dec 27, 2015
If we have 4 or more disconnections during the period of when I press continue button to the race screen then the race not Qualiy will be restarted. Do we understand on what I've just said.
Yeah, it's clear.

It's a shame we don't do any effort to have a stable lobby and, with that, more drivers on it - very different from other leagues I have run on AOR.

But it is what it is.

de-thomas

F1 Race Winner
Jan 20, 2017
Yeah, it's clear.

It's a shame we don't do any effort to have a stable lobby and, with that, more drivers on it - very different from other leagues I have run on AOR.

But it is what it is.
Imo we can take it as a lesson for next time, but at this point the rules say what they say. I agree to restart the lobby the next time drivers keep disconnecting, but we can't change what happened now.

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
The rules for points suck a

I was running about 8-10 seconds behind when that happened. I saw you spin off and wait a decent amount of time before rejoining the track, but unfortunately the game doesn't count the waiting as fair and expects you to rejoin the track where you spin off. Because you missed a corner (although you waited a long time) it didn't count the lap.

I know how you feel about wasted time, I was on course for challenging for a podium and when you got disconnected my session disconnected as well. DSQ for about 6 hours of effort.
Maybe. Will note that waiting won't save you from a that but it seemed weird. It was @FSR_FrankForest who was behind me at the time when I spun off and I waited for him to pass me as I thought that was fair. It's weird how it didn't put me a lap down when I rejoined but rather when I finished the lap. And the race engineer didn't announce it as a penalty. Weird one, moving onto the next race

pcsolima

Dec 27, 2015
Imo we can take it as a lesson for next time, but at this point the rules say what they say. I agree to restart the lobby the next time drivers keep disconnecting, but we can't change what happened now.
... but from what I understood, that isn't going to happen on the next ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.