PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 1 - Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 1 - Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Looking at the times from different tiers and we seem to be faster than tier 3 above us :)
The combined times from TT and Eval is very close between the tiers. And also, Live Track 3.0 will give each lobby slightly different weather even if we have the same settings. Or we have done a better job preparing for the race ;)

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
First GT3 league, and unknown to peoples pace. Really happy with my result.

Q: 2nd, Didnt expect that but boy was I happy with it, I knew if i'd stayed consistent in the race, a podium would be certain.

R: 1st!, And what a push. Lap 10 on turn 3 into 3A I tipped onto the curb and it ate me, came off track and took minor damage. 6 laps later, same curb swallows me up but manage to keep it straight enough to not hit the wall. By this time @MattDarvs closed the gap to 1s. Pushing hard, gunning around, gap increases. Lap 29, turn 6 I stroked the dirt on the outside, way wide as it spins me. Into the pits around lap 30 and as I leave, your boy @igor55 passes by! it just got real haha. Pace was good, consistency was great after my mishaps, and managed to squeeze passed back into 1st with 3/4 laps left to distance.
Great race guys, next weeks will be an interesting one.

@biba99 I'm almost certain I was on hards mate.

GALACTIK_SKULL2

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 15, 2015
First GT3 league, and unknown to peoples pace. Really happy with my result.

Q: 2nd, Didnt expect that but boy was I happy with it, I knew if i'd stayed consistent in the race, a podium would be certain.

R: 1st!, And what a push. Lap 10 on turn 3 into 3A I tipped onto the curb and it ate me, came off track and took minor damage. 6 laps later, same curb swallows me up but manage to keep it straight enough to not hit the wall. By this time @MattDarvs closed the gap to 1s. Pushing hard, gunning around, gap increases. Lap 29, turn 6 I stroked the dirt on the outside, way wide as it spins me. Into the pits around lap 30 and as I leave, your boy @igor55 passes by! it just got real haha. Pace was good, consistency was great after my mishaps, and managed to squeeze passed back into 1st with 3/4 laps left to distance.
Great race guys, next weeks will be an interesting one.

@biba99 I'm almost certain I was on hards mate.
congrats on the win

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 11th
R: 8th

Quali was stable for me, start of the race wasn't. Slided around and couldn't get any heat in the tyres until end of lap 4. Turned out that I forgot to go into the tuning setup on the race ready screen so I most likely got hards instead of softs *ouch*. Anyway, all in all a decent race for me, no big mistakes and only one off track when I lost concentration. Had an unfortunate incient with @Jimski78 when he spun (no hard feelings, was a race incident). Got some aero damage and almost took myself out afterwards when I tried to change my pit strategy on the fly. Think I will go with a strategy that have repairs from start next time ;) At the end I pushed really hard to catch @lassebrunsgaard who seemed to struggle in 7th and also to stay on the lead lap. Had to let @Camo_C and @igor55 through and tried to use that to get closer to Lasse. And I got close but no time to really try to overtake and was 0.249 behind him across the line.

Overall a good first race of the season. Congrats to the podium guys and see you all at Ruapuna :)

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
What happend?!
P1 for quali and I bottled the start.. think I went to early from p1 about 30% down the straight I went for it but slowed cause thought I did it wrong.. then could tyres and span. Thankful I didn't ruin anyone's race. But onto the next track and hope for a better race.

lassebrunsgaard

Formula Karter
May 5, 2018
Q: 7th about a second slower than in practice... missing shifts and brake points.

R: got a slight touch on the rear in T1 and went down to last place. managed to get back in a couple of laps and stayed 7/8 most of the race, then destroyed the wall before the last hairpin with about 12 laps to go and got serious front damage. juuuust managed to keep @YabbaTheHutt behind me in the last few corners! from 15 seconds down! I think i lost 1-1.5 seconds per lap after my crash :D

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

lassebrunsgaard

Formula Karter
May 5, 2018
@YabbaTheHutt didn't realise you were within 1/4 of a second hahah i was going really slowly at the end my car was a wreck! pulling to the right and swerwing like crazy under braking.
one more lap and i would be completely gone :D

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt didn't realise you were within 1/4 of a second hahah i was going really slowly at the end my car was a wreck! pulling to the right and swerwing like crazy under braking.
one more lap and i would be completely gone :D
I did the latest braking off my career into the hairpin and was in your tailpipe out of that corner. But I didn't have enough acceleration to get by before the finishline :)