PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8pm UK time

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
has anyone done any laps in the wet round here, im currently doing 1:28.3 in the wet and low 1:21 in the dry
The wet is trickysince we have the Live Track 3.0. The first lap you do in the wet will most likely be the fastest as the rain will start to gather on track. 1:27.6 is my best wet lap in free practise and 1:28.5 in an online lobby with only me in it.

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
has anyone done any laps in the wet round here, im currently doing 1:28.3 in the wet and low 1:21 in the dry
qualy lap I did was in the 19's didn't really test for race pace. Wet is hard to say with this game because the conditions change everytime. Best I did was 1:25, but mostly in 26 and 27.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Bad news, I completely forget I have to attend a birthday party this wednesday. So I won't be able to make this race :( all that practice for nothing
That's no fun :( We'll do out best without you (y)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I'm sure you guys will have enough fun without me, btw just realised I might just make it back home in time. I'll let you know on the day :)
Sounds like a plan (y)

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Anyone else having temp issues with the wet tyres.. just keeps going down until I'm on cold tyres with no grip..

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Anyone else having temp issues with the wet tyres.. just keeps going down until I'm on cold tyres with no grip..
Big problems with temps in the wet. Tyres are around 40C for most of the stint. Didn't notice to much difference in grip except for the first 2 laps. After that there is more rain and colder tyres but the feeling of the car stayed roughly the same.

Reactions: abr_8082

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@abr_8082 @biba99 @Camo_C @danjbirch @GALACTIK_SKULL2 @igor55 @Jamie Brooks @Jarryd Vermeulen @Jimski78 @jwvdg @lassebrunsgaard @LowRacerNL @MattDarvs @Matthew010383 @Mhill
Just a little heads up about the weather tomorrow:
Since Pcars2 have Live Track 3.0 the weather will be different between sessions. With that I mean that I can have 2 different sessions with the same weather settings, rain and overcast, but the transition can be at different times. I just had a test on my own where the rain didn't stop until lap 34 and the track was very wet for the rest of the race. I was alone and ~15 more cars will of course help drying the track up. Just want to warn you that you might need to pit for more wets so don't take for granted that the pitting for dry tyres will come before the end of lap 38 (last lap to pit for mandatory pitstop). Don't want anyone to only have a strategy to go for dry and then realize that they need wets (y)

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
@YabbaTheHutt
I witnessed that in tonights practice race.
Past 2 practice sessions I solo'd, my tyres were depleting rapidly. But in tonights race, they took a little longer so I thought i'd see if I could ride out the whole race on 1 set of tyres.
Noticed a big difference from old to new tyres as @abr_8082 and I were beside each other at one point, and acceleration + speed was all in new tyre favour. Practice was benficial for me :D

Looking forward to tomorrow, good luck lads!

Last edited:

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Well I'll risk for the chocolate biscuit tonight and keep to my ambitious strategy I have practised ? my quali pace is low 19s high 18s in online mode. So hope that is top 3 pace.

Want to be at the front for race in these tough conditions

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Lads please tell the 26s and 27s for pace was done not with the 88L.. ie race fuel and with 50L cause in my race practises I'm in 29s and the 28s but no where near 26s and 27s for rain pace

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Lads please tell the 26s and 27s for pace was done not with the 88L.. ie race fuel and with 50L cause in my race practises I'm in 29s and the 28s but no where near 26s and 27s for rain pace
First lap in the wet I got 1:27.7 and then after 2-3 laps, I'm down to 1:29.0 for about 15 laps. Then I get slower and slower...

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
For me, I noticed when the track became overcast, and water was being thrown off the track. Lap times would improve. It'll just depend on what kind of weather the game wants to give us tonight.

Reactions: Mr_JayDoubleU