PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Just had a test race on my own. 1:29.0 in quali and dry laptimes between 1:29.7 - 1:30.4. The wet is another story, mostly in the 1:35 - 1:36. Will be a loooong race...
It's going to be a really long race, one thing I learned from yesterday is that staying on track is hard :p

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
sadly cant race this week as my ps4 is auto ejecting disks :(
That's a worry! Not fun to hear but sounds like a repair is needed. Unless you cough up the money to buy the downloadable game version...

Last edited:

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Q: 9 (?)
Not a clean lap, but the gap to the pole guy was smaller than i thought before quali.
R: 8 (?)
First 5-6 laps felt good, after that my car had some strange behaviour (car did not turn into slow corners, overstear in the faster corners). pace was pretty bad (also for my circumstances ;)). pace at the end in wet conditions was not that bad, could almost hold the gap to the top 2 guys behind me...

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Q:3th good lap could have been better but was happy with it.
R:2nd again a podium finish, still no win though :p had a good fight with @Jarryd Vermeulen at the beginning. Then I spun out but only lost 1 place. Started catching up, almost had a crash with @Jarryd Vermeulen when he spun out.
Then only @abr_8082 was left, but he was to fast in the beginning but managed to catch up when it started raining. And we had a great fight for the win at the end :)

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 10th
R: 6th
Messed up my fast quali lap...Then I had to go to the bathroom so... Had I done PB I could have started 8th so I wasn't to bummed out.
The race went well. Had good fights with @jwvdg in the beginning and then a long battle trying to get lose enough to @danjbirch to make an attack. That wasn't to be... When the rain come I stayed 1 or 2 laps too long before pitting. Was at least 3 seconds slower that last lap before pitting. Not much happened after that. I was catching @lassebrunsgaard little by little but then I almost spun out on lap 39 and decided that 6th is ok.

Next up is Brno, a track that have a special place in my heart. I use it as one of my test tracks, it's the track where I had my first AOR race (Season 4, tier 2) and it is also the track where I had my first podium (season 5, tier 3). I hope that I will have a good race there :)

Oh, and congrats to the podium guys (y)

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Really enjoyed tonight, qual 5th but span on first lap. Had good pace after that and got back to 5th and then when the rain came timed my pit right and got up to 4th. Seems very quick in the wet and I think 3rd may have been on fuel saving as I nearly took him on the line :)

I think they should consider merging our tier and tier 3. They had 8 drivers tonight and our qual times were faster than theirs and even though the rain came later in their race we were also quicker over race distance.

Great driving everyone, didn't have any contact at all tonight and some great battles.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

lassebrunsgaard

Formula Karter
May 5, 2018
Q: 4th PB for a quali lap somehow!
R: 5th got a good start but touched the grass and spun after 3-4 laps, then someone spun in front of me the next lap and i got a little damage.
In the pits i apparently had my foot on the gas and TC off when i was released and spun straight in to the wall... got some more damage and decided to just maintain a steady pace to the end to see off @YabbaTheHutt again! Very happy with 5th considering my luck today!

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 4th PB for a quali lap somehow!
R: 5th got a good start but touched the grass and spun after 3-4 laps, then someone spun in front of me the next lap and i got a little damage.
In the pits i apparently had my foot on the gas and TC off when i was released and spun straight in to the wall... got some more damage and decided to just maintain a steady pace to the end to see off @YabbaTheHutt again! Very happy with 5th considering my luck today!
I loved your comment on the chat: Oh God, I qualified way too high! Never heard that before :lol:

Mr_JayDoubleU

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2018
Thanks for the tip Igor about temp and tyres... Used my donington setup from another League race... Screwed up due the hardslicks selected... Wet pace was fine... Lost minimum 1 sec per lap on hards... Thanks for the battle Matt and Yabba!!

abr_8082

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2018
It was a good race yesterday, really fun
pole position, fast lap and victory

in qualifying I did my best lap

in the first laps I was constant and fast, but with the start of the rain I had a bit of problems and igor recovered the 10 seconds gap

at the tire change I went in second position, I tried to put pressure on igor and I managed to pass it

I had 2 seconds of penalty and the gap with him remained between 1.5 and 2.5 seconds for many laps
I closed with 2.6 seconds of advantage